PDA

View Full Version : SHSU Transfers or not

Bearkats94
August 2nd, 2009, 12:51 PM
Well it looks like it is 0 this year so far. The UH QB has been quite so far if he is coming are not. Maybe TT can bring some light into this.xeyebrowx

TexasTerror
August 2nd, 2009, 02:19 PM
The Kats added the kid from Jacksonville University - an FCS school.

I know you are referring to Blake Joseph. It is evident based on all we know that there is an NCAA compliance issue there and they are currently working to get him 'A-OK' before officially announcing it. He's been at our scrimmages in the spring and was throwing around the ball in 7-on-7.

Of course, not sure why you care about Bearkat football, Bearkat94. Seems like all the 'bumpkins' on KatFans.com are already counting down to gawd knows what and have given up on the entire athletic department. Will be nice when basketball rolls around, though I am sure the 'Debbie Downers' are going to dog that as well...

slycat
August 2nd, 2009, 02:20 PM
He isn't listed in the SLC media guide. I don't know how much longer they would wait.

TexasTerror
August 2nd, 2009, 02:26 PM
He isn't listed in the SLC media guide. I don't know how much longer they would wait.

The SLC media guide went to print a few weeks ago...

I've been with programs where they were not able to get a kid cleared until after the first week of games or a week into practice. I am sure there have been issues where it happened later in the game (knew a girl who had to redshirt her freshman year because they got her cleared 3/4ths the way through VB season).

I'm assuming, if he is still in Huntsville - that the school and the player are VERY much aware of what is needed for him to be cleared. It's not like SHSU is new to the compliance game. Could be some summer school classes that they are waiting for grades on, perhaps a test needed to get him eligible for grad school, etc.

Just because the fans are in the dark does not mean the situation is as grim.

BEAR
August 2nd, 2009, 02:38 PM
If he's in Huntsville, then most likely it is just a matter of getting that summer term grade in for full compliance. If he's there, unless he skipped class or failed it, he will be playing. It's an awful lot of effort for an i-don't-know and coaches and compliance administrators won't bother unless they see success with the kid. xlolxxthumbsupx

TexasTerror
August 2nd, 2009, 02:48 PM
If he's in Huntsville, then most likely it is just a matter of getting that summer term grade in for full compliance. If he's there, unless he skipped class or failed it, he will be playing. It's an awful lot of effort for an i-don't-know and coaches and compliance administrators won't bother unless they see success with the kid. xlolxxthumbsupx

This kid has already earned his undergraduate degree from Houston, so it's not like he's a not so smart kid. I am sure they are waiting for something as you say.

Bearkats94
August 2nd, 2009, 03:18 PM
TT if you have been to any of the games over the past few years you would know why some of us are down on TW so bad. I live 30 miles from Huntsville and have talked to some of the ex-players and they don't feel very good about his coaching views. How many games have you been to over the past few years since you moved to N.O.? The guy get lost when the game is on the line just watch him. I am by far a football player, but I have learned over the past 40 years by watching peoples actions when they don't know what to do. He is a good example of this. I am not saying he is bad person just dosen't coach his player to what they are able to do. The bad thing is we had the nation number 1 QB and what did he show under this coach 4-6 record over all and 2-5 in conf play. I hope he shows me wrong this year for the team view, but I just don't see it.