PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Sales

GGASU
December 7th, 2005, 09:32 PM
ASU only needs 4 more people to buy tickets to the game Saturday for the reserved seating section to be sold out!!!

Of course those 4 people need to buy 1200 seats each, but that is just a small technicality.
Maybe we need an incentive.....if you buy 1199 tickets you get the 1200th free.

ASU is letting graduating seniors in for free. I emailed a few people in the athletic department before this was decided, and suggested we allow graduates and families in for free as a good will statement for delaying the ceremony. The decision was made to allow the graduates in for free, but family would have to purchase a ticket.

igo4uni
December 7th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Sell those tickets in San Marcos, TX. It seems those guys are buying up tickets like crazy!!!!!!!!

Good job, Texas State fans!!!

It will look really good on ESPN to have a full house.

darussian12
December 8th, 2005, 12:09 PM
yeah everyone down here is going crazy about it...only prob is ticket brokers bought some up too which is BS selling blocks of 20 and 30 to any one person, and one site is selling then for 65 dollars....insane when reserved seeats are 12...so hopefully the greedy bastards wont end up leaving us wih giant holes in the crowd

AppGuy04
December 8th, 2005, 12:17 PM
yeah everyone down here is going crazy about it...only prob is ticket brokers bought some up too which is BS selling blocks of 20 and 30 to any one person, and one site is selling then for 65 dollars....insane when reserved seeats are 12...so hopefully the greedy bastards wont end up leaving us wih giant holes in the crowd

no laws against that?

FU97
December 8th, 2005, 12:25 PM
So much for 25,000, huh?

AppStateMan
December 8th, 2005, 12:26 PM
What’s going on App fans!! BUY YOUR DARN TICKETS!!!

I'm impressed with Texas St. I think being on ESPN2 throughout playoffs has really helped. In contrast, the cold/bad weather in Boone has really hurt us.

GannonFan
December 8th, 2005, 12:26 PM
ASU only needs 4 more people to buy tickets to the game Saturday for the reserved seating section to be sold out!!!

Of course those 4 people need to buy 1200 seats each, but that is just a small technicality.
Maybe we need an incentive.....if you buy 1199 tickets you get the 1200th free.

ASU is letting graduating seniors in for free. I emailed a few people in the athletic department before this was decided, and suggested we allow graduates and families in for free as a good will statement for delaying the ceremony. The decision was made to allow the graduates in for free, but family would have to purchase a ticket.

Say it ain't so!?!? Almost 5k seats still unsold here on Thursday before the big game???? How much of the stadium capacity is reserved seating? All of it or are there GA sections as well? I can't imagine ASU has hosted many semifinals before - why the apathy??? :eyebrow:

Happy Penguin
December 8th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Big crowds at both games would do wonders for the national impression of 1-AA football.

Come on guys, fill those stadiums. Take your carpool lane dummies in or your inflatable dates if you need to.

FU97
December 8th, 2005, 02:23 PM
I've heard that we will be bringing at least 2k.

OL FU
December 8th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Say it ain't so!?!? Almost 5k seats still unsold here on Thursday before the big game???? How much of the stadium capacity is reserved seating? All of it or are there GA sections as well? I can't imagine ASU has hosted many semifinals before - why the apathy??? :eyebrow:

I realize that this is a bigger game than most, but I don't think has typically averaged 22K per game even during very good seasons. I am not sure you can call it apathy. probably closer to normal. May be wrong.

matfu
December 8th, 2005, 03:24 PM
was told at furman ticket office today when i picked up my tickets that we were alloted 1,000 tickets and had sold 900 plus...

fuEMO
December 8th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Furman Ticket Office is sold out. That's 1100. Now Furman fans are buying on-line. Looks like 2000 is a possibilty. Awesome turnout Furman Fans.

Appstate03
December 8th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Furman Ticket Office is sold out. That's 1100. Now Furman fans are buying on-line. Looks like 2000 is a possibilty. Awesome turnout Furman Fans.

Why do so many Furman fans want to drive so far to watch their team lose. They must all be a little masochistic :rotateh:

FU97
December 8th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Why do so many Furman fans want to drive so far to watch their team lose. They must all be a little masochistic :rotateh:

Apparently you are a little dizzy from all that spinning.

GGASU
December 8th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Sales are starting to look a lot better!!

Holes are feeling up and we should sell out the seats by tomorrow afternoon or early Saturday.

Maybe that prediction of 20K can come true!

:beerchug: A - S - U

HiHiYikas
December 8th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Sales are starting to look a lot better!!

Holes are feeling up and we should sell out the seats by tomorrow afternoon or early Saturday.

Maybe that prediction of 20K can come true!

:beerchug: A - S - U

I heard someplace that a huge chunk of seats wasn't released until today? Can that be the case? Is that a good idea?

GGASU
December 8th, 2005, 07:37 PM
I heard someplace that a huge chunk of seats wasn't released until today? Can that be the case? Is that a good idea?

Those tickets were the ones that weren't bought by season ticket holders. They had first shot at them, if they didn't buy them they were released to the public. Those tickets are all but gone now, only a few here and there.

matfu
December 8th, 2005, 07:39 PM
[QUOTE=Appstate03]Why do so many Furman fans want to drive so far to watch their team lose. They must all be a little masochistic :rotateh:

the same reason we went to ga southern in 2001 for the semifinal game when they had won 38 home games in a row and had NEVER lost a home playoff game

ASU Kep
December 9th, 2005, 05:22 AM
expect a LOT of walk-up student attendance...like 7,000 at least.

ASU Kep
December 9th, 2005, 05:24 AM
I don't know one student who already has their ticket but everybody I know is going...

SoCon48
December 9th, 2005, 06:21 AM
No GA sections.

The entire stadium is reserved seats with the exception of a student section (actually 2 and 2A) out of the 19 sections (1-13 plus 1A-6A).
Weather this week has been rain, sleet, snow almost everyday and temps in the low 20's. It would most certainly have been 20-25K with better weather
How much of the so called "apathy" has been from Furman fans not buying tickets????Furman fans are loyal but 2K is a good crowd to Boone for them. That would fill up 1/3 of the visitor's side.

ASU has only hosted one previous semi-final game..vs Marshall in '97.

SoCon48
December 9th, 2005, 06:22 AM
A good turnout. An awesome turnout would be to sell out the 6k plus visitor's side.

SoCon48
December 9th, 2005, 06:25 AM
Actually, too, what was happening was the better sections were simply being sold first and working toward the end sections. You know, the middle sections and then working outward...plus as mentioned, the season ticket holders' seats were being held out..which is normal for most schools..

SoCon48
December 9th, 2005, 06:33 AM
What’s going on App fans!! BUY YOUR DARN TICKETS!!!

I'm impressed with Texas St. I think being on ESPN2 throughout playoffs has really helped. In contrast, the cold/bad weather in Boone has really hurt us.

Tickets at Texas State are selling for $12 bucks for reserved sets. ASU..$20..all are reserved.

Largest crowd ever at Tex State was 16,600 for any game. ASU 25K plus.
You're right, too, the weather has been rough all week.

GGASU
December 9th, 2005, 08:39 AM
I don't know one student who already has their ticket but everybody I know is going...

According to the ticket office there are over 2000 student tickets sold.

KiddBrewer
December 9th, 2005, 09:04 AM

im a student, and i have a ticket, they said they have sold a lot of student tickets so far

KiddBrewer
December 9th, 2005, 09:05 AM
expect a LOT of walk-up student attendance...like 7,000 at least.

i highly doubt that. there was only like 6000 students at the western game.

SCPALADIN
December 9th, 2005, 09:50 AM
i highly doubt that. there was only like 6000 students at the western game.
There's one reason why Furman won't have 6,000+ people at the game...the school only has 2500 students! Not an excuse...just a fact. If you were playing Wofford tomorrow there MIGHT be 800-1000 fans cheering the Terriers on. Wofford played WVU earlier this year. WVU's undergrad enrollment is MORE than Wofford has graduated TOTAL the past 100 years! :eek:

Furman = approx 2,500 students
ASU = approx 14,500 students
Texas State = approx 22,500 students
N. Iowa = approx 13,500 students

Even in I-AA we are often David fighting an army of Goliaths.

GGASU
December 9th, 2005, 02:50 PM
A good turnout. An awesome turnout would be to sell out the 6k plus visitor's side.

Only about 1000 seats on the "visitors side" to be sold. Sections 7,8,9,10,and 11 are all but gone. Looks like a very good turnout for furman fans, althought I am sure that some of these seats were bought by APP fans.

All the seats to the stadium should be sold early Sat. morning with only grass tickets available the last hour or so before kickoff.

Walk up traffic is going to be crazy...graduating seniors can only get their free ticket at the gate, and you know that a lot of them will bring their families who are in town to watch graduation. Add the ASU and Furman fans who didn't buy ahead of time and you get one heck of a long ticket line.

AppFootballAlum
December 9th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Just listened to a radio interview w/ App St AD in Raleigh - He said they were expecting around 18,000 tomorrow

goasu984Life
December 9th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Students have to buy tickets? I remember when I was in school, you could just sow your ID? Do they still do that? Is this just for the regular season? Do the playoffs not count? I didn't have to pay for my playoff ticket in 1995, I had a press pass, so I have no idea how that works.

HiHiYikas
December 9th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Students have to buy tickets? I remember when I was in school, you could just sow your ID? Do they still do that? Is this just for the regular season? Do the playoffs not count? I didn't have to pay for my playoff ticket in 1995, I had a press pass, so I have no idea how that works.

Student tix were free when I was there (through 2001), and almost certainly still are. Playoff tix are a different story, thanks to NCAA regulations, I believe. I do know that home playoff tix weren't as cheap as $5 when I was there.

goasu984Life
December 9th, 2005, 03:22 PM
I never had to pay for a ticket thanks to press passes, so I have no idea what the procedure is. That's the great thing about working at the campus radio station/Sports Information Office/Appalachian Sports Network.

ASU Kep
December 9th, 2005, 04:09 PM
According to the ticket office there are over 2000 student tickets sold.

Well, apparently there are 2,000 stundent I don't know. :D

Thank God I don't go to Furman...if there were 2,000 students there that I didn't know I'd be a pretty lonely guy. :(

And I don't see why the student turnout this weekend won't be as big or bigger than the Western turnout. 6000 at least. Mark my words. :coach:

SoCon48
December 9th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Only about 1000 seats on the "visitors side" to be sold. Sections 7,8,9,10,and 11 are all but gone. Looks like a very good turnout for furman fans, althought I am sure that some of these seats were bought by APP fans.

All the seats to the stadium should be sold early Sat. morning with only grass tickets available the last hour or so before kickoff.

Walk up traffic is going to be crazy...graduating seniors can only get their free ticket at the gate, and you know that a lot of them will bring their families who are in town to watch graduation. Add the ASU and Furman fans who didn't buy ahead of time and you get one heck of a long ticket line.
Definitely most were by ASU fans. Anytine the vis side is full..like the WCU game...2/3 at least are in Black and Gold.

SoCon48
December 9th, 2005, 04:26 PM
As of this morning, there were only 3.8K reserved seats left. All seats are reserve until nothing but the grass bank is left.

AppState09
December 9th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Yea regular season games are free, we just have to show our ID. Due to NCAA regulations, we have to pay $5 for a playoff ticket and show our student ID.

GO APPS FIGHT APPS KICK A$$