PDA

View Full Version : MEAC 2009 FOOTBALL PREDICTION

MsippiRattler
July 31st, 2009, 01:26 PM
Just revealed at the MEAC Football Press Luncheon(Coaches and SIDs voted)

1. South Carolina State
2. Florida A&M
3. Hampton
4. Bethune Cookman
5. Norfolk State
6. Morgan State
7. Delaware State
8. North Carolina A&T
9. Howard University

DEX
August 5th, 2009, 11:29 PM
My prediction.

1. Florida A&M
2. South Carolina State
3. Bethune Cookman
4. Hampton
5. Norfolk State
6. Morgan State
7. Delaware State
8. North Carolina A&T
9. Howard University

PantherRob82
August 5th, 2009, 11:50 PM
I predict the winner loses in the first round. ;)

I would say SC State or Florida A&M. Would have loved to see App St get knocked off by SC State last year.

blackcaesar3k5
August 6th, 2009, 03:13 AM
1. FAMU
2. SCSU
3. BCU
4. Hampton
5. Delaware State
6. Morgan State
7. Norfolk State
8 North Carolina A&T
9. Howard

Big Dawg
August 6th, 2009, 05:03 AM
I predict the winner loses in the first round. ;)

I would say SC State or Florida A&M. Would have loved to see App St get knocked off by SC State last year.

Not this year...xlolx

Tribe4SF
August 6th, 2009, 05:56 AM
Not this year...xlolx

Getting a playoff win will again be about the matchup. MEAC playoff teams have suffered from pairings against top SoCon and CAA teams for years now. Even in the year Hampton got a seed, they had to play Richmond in the first round. Last years performance by SC State, and Hampton's strong showing against UNH a couple of years ago tell us that a win may be coming soon.

jmufan999
August 6th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Not this year...xlolx

4-20 playoff record for the MEAC since going to the 16 team format. that's not smack, just a very daunting (factual) number with a lot of history behind it.

ASU_Fanatic
August 6th, 2009, 08:04 AM
South Carolina state is good. They hung around with us last year.

89Hen
August 6th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Just revealed at the MEAC Football Press Luncheon(Coaches and SIDs voted)

1. South Carolina State
2. Florida A&M
3. Hampton
4. Bethune Cookman
5. Norfolk State
6. Morgan State
7. Delaware State
8. North Carolina A&T
9. Howard University
No real surprises there IMO. The only one that looks odd is Morgan being that high.

WileECoyote06
August 6th, 2009, 08:36 AM
FAMU travels to Orangeburg this year. Looking at schedules; SCSU' s is more favorable.

Tribe4SF, I agree, and have been loathe to state that on this board. Despite the overall playoff record, the lack of even minimal success in the playoffs in the oughts can tied to the pod-seeding system. The only non-CAA; non-Southern conference team that a MEAC team has faced in the playoffs this entire decade was Florida Atlantic.

89Hen
August 6th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Getting a playoff win will again be about the matchup. MEAC playoff teams have suffered from pairings against top SoCon and CAA teams for years now.

Despite the overall playoff record, the lack of even minimal success in the playoffs in the oughts can tied to the pod-seeding system. The only non-CAA; non-Southern conference team that a MEAC team has faced in the playoffs this entire decade was Florida Atlantic.
Yes and no. The last MEAC team to win in the playoffs was FAMU and they beat AppSt and Troy two times. Those were no slouch teams. With the CAA routinely getting 3-4 bids, the MEAC isn't always going to draw a top 10 team.

Saint3333
August 6th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Didn't that FAMU team include some players that got that program in trouble?

That was a tough loss - they came in with a no huddle and it looked like the scene from Varsity Blues when Mox started calling the plays on the field. Our defense was looking at the sideline and FAMU was 15 yards down the field. ASU's coaches were not well prepared for that game and they had excellent team speed.

JagHammer
August 6th, 2009, 09:42 AM
1. South Carolina State
2. Florida A&M
3. Bethune Cookman
4. Hampton
5. Norfolk State
6. Morgan State
7. Delaware State
8. North Carolina A&T
9. Howard University

I see BCU finishing ahead of Hampton. It will be tight at the top.xthumbsupx

MsippiRattler
August 6th, 2009, 11:49 AM
This is the best Rattler team since 1999. The only probable loss that I see is UMiami. The difference this year will be the run defense, which has killed us that past four years. We are solid at all positions on defense. And the Defense will be playing very aggressively. And look for special teams to be even better than last year. We should go deep into the Playoffs.

Big Dawg
August 6th, 2009, 02:13 PM
4-20 playoff record for the MEAC since going to the 16 team format. that's not smack, just a very daunting (factual) number with a lot of history behind it.

But look at the teams that won those games...FAMU has won 5 or 6 playoff games and SCSU has won 1.

Monarch History
August 6th, 2009, 05:09 PM
IMHO here's how the MEAC breaks down:

1.South Carolina State
2. Florida A&M
3. Hampton
4.Bethune Cookman
5. Norfolk State
6. Morgan State
7. Delaware State
8. North Carolina A&T
9. Howard University

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WileECoyote06
August 6th, 2009, 06:02 PM
1. South Carolina State
2. Florida A&M
3. Bethune Cookman
4. Hampton
5. Norfolk State
6. Morgan State
7. Delaware State
8. North Carolina A&T
9. Howard University

I see BCU finishing ahead of Hampton. It will be tight at the top.xthumbsupx

I agree. . and I'm kind of shocked to see DSU below Morgan.

R.A.
August 9th, 2009, 09:52 PM

Has JMU defeated Hampton in football yet? That's not smack, just curious. I forgot....

R.A.
August 9th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Howard's gonna be in the middle of the pack this season-- 5 or 6 ranking