PDA

View Full Version : Building Bigger Bulldogs...or Bellies

Woof
July 21st, 2009, 02:10 PM
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2009/jul/20/boucher_building_bigger_bulldogs89777/

A 45 gallon chocolate milk dispenser in The Citadel's weight room ?

I know strength training techniques have changed over the years, but who knew chocolate milk was the answer? xoopsxxoopsxxoopsx

I can only assume the new Surgeon General approvesxwhistlex

PaladinFan
July 21st, 2009, 02:13 PM
That's my kind of training program.

Uncle Buck
July 21st, 2009, 02:30 PM
Throw in a PBJ dispensing machine right next to it and i would be in heaven.

Franks Tanks
July 21st, 2009, 02:35 PM
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2009/jul/20/boucher_building_bigger_bulldogs89777/

A 45 gallon chocolate milk dispenser in The Citadel's weight room ?

I know strength training techniques have changed over the years, but who knew chocolate milk was the answer? xoopsxxoopsxxoopsx

I can only assume the new Surgeon General approvesxwhistlex

Chocolate milk is the best post workout recovery drink. It wil allow the players to recover faster and more completely from workouts and therefore build more muscle

Go...gate
July 21st, 2009, 02:40 PM
Who needs steroids?

Question: Does The Citadel send its cadets on summer training missions akin to those used by the USNA, USMA and USAFA?

jmufan999
July 21st, 2009, 02:49 PM
yeah choc milk's not bad. i guess just depends on how sugary it is. otherwise, loaded with protein... and the additional calories would actually be a bonus for those incoming frosh that need to beef up. it's really not THAT many more calories, anyway (depending on the type of milk). mmmmmmm.... chocolate milk. i wish i had some right now.

ButlerGSU
July 21st, 2009, 03:30 PM
Simple sugars help speed glycogen to the muscles along with the protein. Not a bad post workout drink at all since your body is primed for nutrients for about an hour post workout.

Although, the thought of drinking milk when I'm still really hot makes me feel a little sick.

UNIFanSince1983
July 21st, 2009, 03:48 PM
Chocolate milk is pretty much the same thing as drinking a whey protein drink after a workout. They have the same amount of protein actually.

elcid83
July 22nd, 2009, 06:34 AM
Who needs steroids?

Question: Does The Citadel send its cadets on summer training missions akin to those used by the USNA, USMA and USAFA?

Cadets do not go on summer training missions unless they have signed a contract to enter the armed forces after graduation. This would be a slim minority of football players.

JMU Newbill
July 22nd, 2009, 06:49 AM
Actually chocolate milk is suggested not because it is like a whey protein shake, but because it has a good balance of carbs and protein. So actually, it's good because its a combination of gatorade and a protein shake.

Millwoch
July 22nd, 2009, 02:11 PM
Starting 11 on Defense is up 600 lbs from last years starting 11. Thats 54 lbs per player...xeekx

Go...gate
July 22nd, 2009, 02:23 PM
Starting 11 on Defense is up 600 lbs from last years starting 11. Thats 54 lbs per player...xeekx

That's a lot of chocolate milk - and maybe some Ice Cream mixed in. Maybe a beer chaser and some fried chicken, too. :)

Woof
July 22nd, 2009, 02:31 PM

....or one and a half of these chocolate milk lovers....:D

trouthunter
July 22nd, 2009, 02:37 PM
Chocolate milk has protein, carbohydrates, and helps alleviate soreness. For the past few years, it has been the new rage among Jr. Hockey teams.

citdog
July 22nd, 2009, 03:45 PM
Aint got no mo choclate milk baby.....no mo choclate milk in da whole mess hall.

Waitee motto

RichH2
July 22nd, 2009, 06:53 PM
In high school, after pre season wgt sessions our coach took us out for chocolate malts. I went from 225 to 248 over the summer. To this day warm day I get the urge for a malt.Sadly I havent seen 250 except in my HS pictures

BullDog85
July 23rd, 2009, 01:51 PM
Citdog - Ain't no one heres 'cept us Cid grads that know whats a "waitee" is. Ok, theres might be Ratdog or Furple thats heard the term, but I digress.:)

Gents and Ladies (if'n any are on here), at El Cid most meals are served in the dining hall in what is commonly referred to as "family" style. The cadets sit at a table and there is a Senior or Junior who sits at the head of the table. The food is brought out to the table by waitresses who are called "waitees." Most of them speak a dialect of Charleston-African-American English called "Gullah." It is not Ebonics. xrulesx

http://www.gullahtours.com/gullah_dictionary.html

Ivytalk
July 23rd, 2009, 03:11 PM
I thought this was a Yale thread.

Never mind.xcoffeex

Tribe4SF
July 23rd, 2009, 03:16 PM
Thread made me get a Jones for some C milk. Just had some. AHHHH!!!

ElSissy
July 23rd, 2009, 03:20 PM
I haven't had chocolate milk since I was a kid. That's about to change. Yummmmm!

citdog
July 23rd, 2009, 06:50 PM
Citdog - Ain't no one heres 'cept us Cid grads that know whats a "waitee" is. Ok, theres might be Ratdog or Furple thats heard the term, but I digress.:)

Gents and Ladies (if'n any are on here), at El Cid most meals are served in the dining hall in what is commonly referred to as "family" style. The cadets sit at a table and there is a Senior or Junior who sits at the head of the table. The food is brought out to the table by waitresses who are called "waitees." Most of them speak a dialect of Charleston-African-American English called "Gullah." It is not Ebonics. xrulesx

http://www.gullahtours.com/gullah_dictionary.html

Once when it was pouring down rain in Charleston at supper mess I asked our waitee for more water for my knobs and she told me....

"Aint got no mo water baby...aint no mo water in da house" a waitee CLASSiC!!!

elcid96
July 23rd, 2009, 07:14 PM
Who needs steroids?

We do not do this. We are a state military school and not funded by the federal government or the U.S. military.

elcid96
July 23rd, 2009, 07:16 PM
I hope they serve some chocalate milk at the next game. LOL

Millwoch
July 24th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Aint got no mo choclate milk baby.....no mo choclate milk in da whole mess hall.

Waitee motto

Ain't got no mo of that baby....

Good memories there Citdog....lol

WCU LawCat
July 24th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Bigger also means slower in a lot of cases. An interesting theory from Higgins who is coaching in a speed conferance. Not sure that will help against a fast team like App or teams who are usually pretty fast like GSU or teams who have started recruiting more speed like Western.

T-Dog
July 24th, 2009, 10:50 PM
....or one and a half of these chocolate milk lovers....:D

At least they take it in stride at KU

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2042/2054996921_454b593c5a.jpg?v=0

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2206/2174039900_48283bd9d9.jpg?v=0

citdog
July 25th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Bigger also means slower in a lot of cases. An interesting theory from Higgins who is coaching in a speed conferance. Not sure that will help against a fast team like App or teams who are usually pretty fast like GSU or teams who have started recruiting more speed like Western.

It's really helped western the last five years when you have beaten us exactly 0 times.