PDA

View Full Version : Week 10 in I-AA...WOW!

P2TheB
May 1st, 2005, 07:52 PM
I was looking at the 1-AA Game of the Week Nominations on the i-aa.org website, and when I got to week ten, I was really impressed. If I wasn't a UNI fan, I think it would be hard for me to vote for just one matchup that I thought would be the most fantastic of the day. Here are some of the matchups:

Delaware @ William & Mary
Furman @ Georgia Southern
James Madison @ William and Mary (OK, which one is it? There are two W&M games listed)
Massachusetts @ Delaware (another Delaware repeat...which game is the real one?)
Montana @ Northern Arizona
Northern Iowa @ Western Kentucky

Those are some pretty heavy hitters of ballgames, that could very well be top 10 matchups b/t both team.

Any thoughts?

P2TheB
May 1st, 2005, 07:57 PM
Any chance that CSTV could do a 1-AA Playoff Preview Day or something to that extent (kind of like Bracket Buster Saturday on ESPN)? Include 4 games back-to-back?

Like (for example...could be different matchups at different times):
Noon EST Delaware at W&M
3 PM EST Furman at Georgia Southern
6 PM EST UNI at Western Kentucky
9PM EST Montana at Northern Arizona

That would be one really cool day of football, IMO.

TexasTerror
May 1st, 2005, 08:18 PM
Those are some amazing games! I wish they could do a double or tripleheader on television as these are the best of the best in I-AA. I like the idea of "I-AA Playoff Preview". The thing is, you'd want them to have flexibility incase one of those matchup tanks this season due to awful W-L records.

blackfordpu
May 1st, 2005, 08:59 PM
The Southeastern La. @ Sam Houston game is that week as well. Should be a good game. I believe we lost the SE La. last season so we will be looking for blood.

If the Deleware @ W&M game is the real one that week that is the one I wish I could see. They need to set up a I-AA channel or atleast offer them on I-AA Pay-Per-View. :D :p

Kill'em
May 1st, 2005, 09:05 PM
The GSU-Furman game has normally been broadcast regionally by Fox Sports South. In my completely biased opinion, this could be the top game in I-AA this year.

Tribe4SF
May 1st, 2005, 10:02 PM
Week 10 is JMU @ W&M. Delaware comes to Williamsburg the following week.

The JMU game should be huge. Rematch of I-AA semi-final pitting JMU against the only I-AA team to beat them last year.

HensRock
May 1st, 2005, 10:07 PM
If week 10 is the week of Nov 5th, then the "real" A-10 matchups (at least as of now) are:

UMass at Delaware
JMU at William & Mary

Of course in my completely biased opinion, the game of the year is 2 weeks earlier when our 2004 national champion visits our 2003 national champion.

P.S. The Hens go to Williamsburg in week 11 (Nov 12).

P2TheB
May 1st, 2005, 10:13 PM
Yea, ralph, I wasn't knocking the system, I was just a little confused which one was which. I know that you take care of things like that when the time comes! You do a great job with the site.

Tribe4SF
May 1st, 2005, 10:13 PM
UMass at Delaware is no slouch. Big weekend in the A-10.

mainejeff
May 1st, 2005, 11:31 PM
Don't write off Maine at UNH the last week of the season. If this game ever means something to BOTH teams, it will draw a capacity crowd and the media attention of both states. These border rivals already hate each other in hockey.....a meaningful football game may bring it to another level.

Tribe4SF
May 2nd, 2005, 06:31 AM
No one is writing that game off. This threads about week 10.

mainejeff
May 2nd, 2005, 01:08 PM
So sorry Tribe.