PDA

View Full Version : VMI reaches 3.55Mill annual giving

vmifan
July 14th, 2009, 04:25 PM
This is 3.55Mill for the athletic annual giving. Additionally, this giving was from 39% of alumni. Not bad for a school of 1,300 students and about 12,000 living alumni. Now if football could just have more success.........

kdinva
July 14th, 2009, 07:18 PM
This is 3.55Mill for the athletic annual giving. Additionally, this giving was from 39% of alumni. Not bad for a school of 1,300 students and about 12,000 living alumni. Now if football could just have more success.........
A noble feat, indeed, considering the economy, etc. Now, if we can get the givers up to 60%.......who knows.

Saint3333
July 14th, 2009, 08:40 PM

xthumbsupx I applaud you guys, always classy when you were in the SoCon. The majority of the FCS fans could learn a lot from VMI in supporting their schools, first and foremost ASU. If ASU could get 1/4th of the support VMI does we have $6.7M in annual giving.

citdog
July 14th, 2009, 09:54 PM
When the V@gina Military Institute and The Citadel were in the same conference, before "the Institute will not be heard from today or any other day", we raised more money than any other school in the "Confederacy" known as the Southern Conference. The Citadel Brigader Foundation STILL raises more than the rest of the "Confederacy" mentioned above. I remain...

Your most humble and obedient poster.

Citdog
AGS POTCSA

kdinva
July 15th, 2009, 08:21 AM
When the Virginia Military Institute and Citadel were in the same conference, before "the Institute will be heard from today", we raised more money than any other school in the "Confederacy" known as the Southern Conference. The Citadel Brigader Foundation STILL raises more than the rest of the "Confederacy" mentioned above. I remain...

Citdog
AGS POTCSA

yes, your track record of fund raising is great as well........one of these days, we'll both finish in the top-three of our respective football standings...xnodx

elon77
July 15th, 2009, 09:33 AM
yes, your track record of fund raising is great as well........one of these days, we'll both finish in the top-three of our respective football standings...xnodx

Great fund raising by both schools, but let's not get carried away on your standings.xlolxxlolx

vmifan
July 15th, 2009, 09:19 PM
When the V@gina Military Institute and The Citadel were in the same conference, before "the Institute will not be heard from today or any other day", we raised more money than any other school in the "Confederacy" known as the Southern Conference. The Citadel Brigader Foundation STILL raises more than the rest of the "Confederacy" mentioned above. I remain...

Citdog
AGS POTCSA

Citdog may be humble, but he is often inaccurate. This is quote from June 5th Post and Courier newspaper article. VMI was raising more than this amount when it left the "Confederacy" years ago, and VMI continues to raise nearly triple what Citadel raises:

Leckonby also expects an increase of almost $200,000 in student athletic fees, and the Brigadier Foundation will be asked to raise $1.45 million for scholarships, an increase of $200,000 over 2009. That increase is due to a better retention rate for student-athletes on scholarship, Leckonby said.

vmifan
July 15th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Citdog may be humble, but he is often inaccurate. This is quote from June 5th Post and Courier newspaper article. VMI was raising more than this amount when it left the "Confederacy" years ago, and VMI continues to raise nearly triple what Citadel raises:

Leckonby also expects an increase of almost $200,000 in student athletic fees, and the Brigadier Foundation will be asked to raise $1.45 million for scholarships, an increase of $200,000 over 2009. That increase is due to a better retention rate for student-athletes on scholarship, Leckonby said.

And it appears that the retention rate for student-athletes is better. I wonder how much easier Citadel has become for the cadets? Citdog what do you know about the relaxed conditions?

g-webb1994
July 15th, 2009, 09:57 PM
good job by VMI raising cash....Sparky has y'all pointed in the right direction too.....and Duggar hasn't done too bad with the hoops program either.

citdog
July 15th, 2009, 10:06 PM
And it appears that the retention rate for student-athletes is better. I wonder how much easier Citadel has become for the cadets? Citdog what do you know about the relaxed conditions?
That's a nice new stadium vmi is playing in. Nice jumbotron y'all have up there too! Perhaps when you build one you will be able to attract quality athletes who EXCEL in your half size "corps of kangaroos". Our athletes are Cadets who happen to play football. Kevin Higgins has embraced our system.

elon77
July 16th, 2009, 06:51 AM
That's a nice new stadium vmi is playing in. Nice jumbotron y'all have up there too! Perhaps when you build one you will be able to attract quality athletes who EXCEL in your half size "corps of kangaroos". Our athletes are Cadets who happen to play football. Kevin Higgins has embraced our system.

But, their girl cheerleaders can beat up your cheerleaders.xnodx

vmifan
July 16th, 2009, 07:26 AM
But, their girl cheerleaders can beat up your cheerleaders.xnodx

that wasn't another cheerleader, that was a Citadel male cadet

kdinva
July 16th, 2009, 07:50 AM
That's a nice new stadium vmi is playing in.
ours was refurbished, just like J-H (yes, I know the stands in J-H were replaced/upgraded).

Our athletes are Cadets who happen to play football.
Yeah, every signee demands they, at some point, be given rank within the Corps.

elon77
July 16th, 2009, 08:11 AM
that wasn't another cheerleader, that was a Citadel male cadet

I'm sorry, you are correct. I forgot that fact.

bigred
July 16th, 2009, 08:15 AM

Keep thinking that your upgraded facility is going to help you win recruits....and as long as your program accepts transfers and grad students that do not have to go through the Knob System your statement regarding "...Cadets who happen to play football." does not ring true and is hollow at best.

You can take this to the bank. $#itadel will not win a SOCON crown in the next decade and will never ever ever win a National Championship...so keep talking trash POG.

Nice Luxury Suites by the way....you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.

gobluehose1
July 16th, 2009, 08:26 AM
I'm sorry, you are correct. I forgot that fact.

someone please post that picture

citdog
July 16th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Keep thinking that your upgraded facility is going to help you win recruits....and as long as your program accepts transfers and grad students that do not have to go through the Knob System your statement regarding "...Cadets who happen to play football." does not ring true and is hollow at best.

You can take this to the bank. $#itadel will not win a SOCON crown in the next decade and will never ever ever win a National Championship...so keep talking trash POG.

Nice Luxury Suites by the way....you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.
Upgraded facilities DO help in landing recruits if you are so dense as to not recognize this FACT then nothing else you say has any merit.
All who transfer to my school who are undergraduates complete the TOUGHEST 4th Class System on the planet Earth. You can't rack grad students you ignorant wretch however much one may want to and they may need it.

bigred
July 16th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Upgraded facilities DO help in landing recruits if you are so dense as to not recognize this FACT then nothing else you say has any merit.
All who transfer to my school who are undergraduates complete the TOUGHEST 4th Class System on the planet Earth. You can't rack grad students you ignorant wretch however much one may want to and they may need it.

I did not say that facilities do not win recruits. I said that "YOUR" facilities do not win recruits.

He who is humble is confident and wise. He who brags is insecure and lacking.

kdinva
July 16th, 2009, 11:40 AM
.......undergraduates complete the TOUGHEST 4th Class System on the planet Earth......

VMI's Rat-Line ends on or about Jan. 29th.......your Knob line (last I checked, and it's been months) ends in early October(?). Your knob's barracks rooms contain phones, TV's, and mini-refrigerators. VMI's SENIORS don't even have those items in bararcks.

citdog
July 16th, 2009, 12:45 PM
VMI's Rat-Line ends on or about Jan. 29th.......your Knob line (last I checked, and it's been months) ends in early October(?). Your knob's barracks rooms contain phones, TV's, and mini-refrigerators. VMI's SENIORS don't even have those items in bararcks.

Knobs join The South Carolina Corps of Cadets on Parents Day. That is the end of Cadre Training. The smacks are then fair game for all upper classmen. Perhaps your rats aren't as smart and it takes them until Jan to learn to march. Knobs have none of the things you mention above but do get a telephone in their room second semester. Cell phones are issued to every Cadet for use in a VPI type situation.

kdinva
July 16th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Knobs join The South Carolina Corps of Cadets on Parents Day. That is the end of Cadre Training. The smacks are then fair game for all upper classmen. Perhaps your rats aren't as smart and it takes them until Jan to learn to march. Knobs have none of the things you mention above but do get a telephone in their room second semester. Cell phones are issued to every Cadet for use in a VPI type situation.
VMI's Rats are fair game for all three upperclasses from day-one of Cadre Training, to break-out in late January, and marching is part of their schedule from day-one, and they do participate in the first Friday Dress Parade (the weekend of the first home FB game), as do your Knobs, I presume.
My source for what the Citadel Knobs have in their barracks rooms apparently is incorrectxreadx, thanks for the update.......

bigred
July 16th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Cell phones? That is awesome....we were issued M14s and bayonets for "VPI type" situations.

vmifan
July 16th, 2009, 04:35 PM
someone please post that picture

http://www.thebushidoway.net/2006/11/vmi-cheerleader-drops-citadel-cadet.html

Here you go.

vmifan
July 16th, 2009, 04:43 PM

Here you go.

if this doesn't work, just google VMI cheerleader drops Citadel cadet. It occured during 2006 football game. It is also on you tube. Very entertaining.

citdog
July 16th, 2009, 08:14 PM

if this doesn't work, just google VMI cheerleader drops Citadel cadet. It occured during 2006 football game. It is also on you tube. Very entertaining.

Some chicks just will not take no for an answer when confronted with that superior breed known as The Citadel Man.

vmifan
July 16th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Some chicks just will not take no for an answer when confronted with that superior breed known as The Citadel Man.

2 very unique schools

kdinva
July 16th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Cell phones? That is awesome....we were issued M14s and bayonets for "VPI type" situations.
Cell phones? Sounds like the Bill & Hillary/N. Pelosi/B. Boxer/T. Kennedy defense strategy.xrotatehx