PDA

View Full Version : Northwestern State Demon Blog Blues

TexasTerror
July 14th, 2009, 08:08 AM
The Northwestern State athletic department official blog's most recent entry includes two things that make one drop their jaw.

Link: http://thedailydemon.blogspot.com/2009/07/summertime-thoughts-of-upcoming.html

1. (concerning Grambling hosting NWST this year) Simply put, NSU should/will roll past the Tigers. GSU is usually not the most disciplined of teams, while I expect the Demons to be very disciplined. This will also give offensive coordinator Todd Cooley a chance to open up the playbook and let his quarterback (John Hundley or transfer Tyler Wolfe) build some confidence against a SWAC defense."

2. (concerning UCA) The Bears no longer have record-setting QB Nathan Brown, and his OC is now in charge of the Demons' offense. UCA also has a new head coach.

First of all, this individual just posted bulletin board material with the Grambling bit. Can not believe we would see this on an official university athletic department blog.

Second, UCA has a new coach? You previously mentioned that NWST has their old OC - Cooley. Yes, this is true. But, a new head coach? Coaching moves is big business. This is clearly a mistake, unless this guy just broke what would be the biggest story in FCS on this day.

What are your thoughts...?

crossfire07
July 14th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I guess it will be hard for the demom fans to still deny that their A.D. is indeed pumping out propaganda. Nothing on UCA's website about losing their coach but I really do like them putting this pic up since they ARE the SLC CHAMPS no matter what the NCAA butt suckers at the SLC office thinks.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p117/fxdci/MSC-FB-Rings.jpg

TexasTerror
July 14th, 2009, 03:36 PM
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]I guess it will be hard for the demom fans to still deny that their A.D. is indeed pumping out propaganda. Nothing on UCA's website about losing their coach but I really do like them putting this pic up since they ARE the SLC CHAMPS no matter what the NCAA butt suckers at the SLC office thinks.

The post was a rare slip in my opinion, but it has nearly been up 24 hours, has been not taken in the best of manner and it is still up. I am relatively surprised.

Tony Taglavore of the Demon Sports Network did correct his statement about Clint Conque, but the bulletin board material directed at Grambling just riled up their fan base and more than likely, their team/coaches.

http://www.tspnsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81408

NSUDemon98
July 14th, 2009, 11:02 PM
The Northwestern State athletic department official blog's most recent entry includes two things that make one drop their jaw.

Link: http://thedailydemon.blogspot.com/2009/07/summertime-thoughts-of-upcoming.html

1. (concerning Grambling hosting NWST this year) Simply put, NSU should/will roll past the Tigers. GSU is usually not the most disciplined of teams, while I expect the Demons to be very disciplined. This will also give offensive coordinator Todd Cooley a chance to open up the playbook and let his quarterback (John Hundley or transfer Tyler Wolfe) build some confidence against a SWAC defense."

2. (concerning UCA) The Bears no longer have record-setting QB Nathan Brown, and his OC is now in charge of the Demons' offense. UCA also has a new head coach.

First of all, this individual just posted bulletin board material with the Grambling bit. Can not believe we would see this on an official university athletic department blog.

Second, UCA has a new coach? You previously mentioned that NWST has their old OC - Cooley. Yes, this is true. But, a new head coach? Coaching moves is big business. This is clearly a mistake, unless this guy just broke what would be the biggest story in FCS on this day.

What are your thoughts...?

I wondered how long it would take your sorry butt to put this here. You aren't concerned with anyones "thoughts"...all you want to do is stir up feces.

Why don't you contact the guy who wrote the article with your questions?

My explanation...Greg Burke probably doesn't have time to check every entry or be the ghost writer for everything put on the Daily Demon Blog...but I am certain that as soon as he gets wind of it it will be changed or taken down...much to your dismay.

NSUDemon98
July 14th, 2009, 11:09 PM
The post was a rare slip in my opinion, but it has nearly been up 24 hours, has been not taken in the best of manner and it is still up. I am relatively surprised.

Tony Taglavore of the Demon Sports Network did correct his statement about Clint Conque, but the bulletin board material directed at Grambling just riled up their fan base and more than likely, their team/coaches.

http://www.tspnsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81408

You truly are a piece of work. Not surprised in the least you posted it there. I hope you fail in life. You are one of those that takes pleasure in the mistakes and misfortune of others.

Dallas Demon
July 15th, 2009, 12:12 AM
You truly are a piece of work. Not surprised in the least you posted it there. I hope you fail in life. You are one of those that takes pleasure in the mistakes and misfortune of others.

Texas Terror continues to validate my statements about his motives to trash Northwestern State. I attribute some of this to his youth, but I'm now beginning to lean towards true ignorance instead. A suggested reading for him is "How to Win Friends and Influence People". I'm sure he's into other things at this point however, including a world record number of post to this and other forums. Does he have a life outside of the forums? xconfusedx

Dallas Demon
July 15th, 2009, 12:13 AM
I guess it will be hard for the demom fans to still deny that their A.D. is indeed pumping out propaganda. Nothing on UCA's website about losing their coach but I really do like them putting this pic up since they ARE the SLC CHAMPS no matter what the NCAA butt suckers at the SLC office thinks.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p117/fxdci/MSC-FB-Rings.jpg

xsmhx

3rd Coast Tiger
July 15th, 2009, 12:59 AM

Don't think you are alone NSUDemon and Dallas Demon. TT does the same exact thing with SWAC posters at our message boards so he spreads his disease quite fairly.

Tribe4SF
July 15th, 2009, 05:31 AM
TT may be a pot-stirrer, but that blog entry was just stupid. OK to express an opinion that the Demons will win the game, but his verbage was demeaning to Grambling and the entire SWAC. Since it's part of the official Demons website, it's true bulletin board material.

The game last year wasn't exactly a blowout...still in doubt late in the 4th. Grambling got better as the season went on, and an objective view would conclude this years game should be very competitive.

TexasTerror
July 15th, 2009, 07:37 AM
TT may be a pot-stirrer, but that blog entry was just stupid. OK to express an opinion that the Demons will win the game, but his verbage was demeaning to Grambling and the entire SWAC. Since it's part of the official Demons website, it's true bulletin board material.

Thanks, Tribe.

That's my point. The UCA thing, clearly a mistake. It was corrected by the Demon blogger in this case. Mistakes happen, trust me - we all make them.

The remarks directed towards Grambling were left up and are just out of line with what you would expect from an official web site. NWST does not slip up often when it comes to things like this, but even after it was brought up, it continues to remain in place.

Texas Terror continues to validate my statements about his motives to trash Northwestern State.

You say that all I post are negatives. I did share the Greg Burke story with you fellas on Fork'em and even shared them here via CSN. With the good, comes the bad. You can not have it one way, where it is all positive.

mikebigg
July 15th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Well...maybe it will stir up enuff interest to make the crowd size so large that the schools decide to extend the series. The two schools are less than 80 miles apart and should do well either as a home and home or neutral site game in Shreveport. I'm looking forward to it. I made the drive to Natchitoches last year...unfortunately due to heavy traffic (Gustav equipment transporting) made it in time to see the 4th quarter rally fall short.

TexasTerror
July 15th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Well...maybe it will stir up enuff interest to make the crowd size so large that the schools decide to extend the series. The two schools are less than 80 miles apart and should do well either as a home and home or neutral site game in Shreveport. I'm looking forward to it. I made the drive to Natchitoches last year...unfortunately due to heavy traffic (Gustav equipment transporting) made it in time to see the 4th quarter rally fall short.

I hope this series gets extended. Just as I hope we see JSU/SLU, SU/McN and SHSU/PV.

In this day of economic uncertainty, it is important for schools nearby to play each other as much as possible, across all sports. If you are the road team, it amounts to a short bus trip and per diem for pre-game and post-game meals. Very simple, very cheap.

BEAR
July 15th, 2009, 08:36 AM
xsmhx

Just so you know, those rings don't say SLC champs..they say "1" and "10-2" indicating best conference record, that's all. Texas State got the nod for SLC champs.

3rd Coast Tiger
July 15th, 2009, 09:06 AM
I hope this series gets extended. Just as I hope we see JSU/SLU, SU/McN and SHSU/PV.

Couple things....

#1 Thanks for reporting my post down the street. xthumbsupx

#2 Had it been Texas Southern that did what Prairie View did this season with the schedule would you still be hopeful for the game to be played at a future date?

TexasTerror
July 15th, 2009, 11:54 AM
The blog has been updated to remove the part regarding the lack of discipline and the UCA mention (which I believe was mentioned earlier in the thread).

#2 Had it been Texas Southern that did what Prairie View did this season with the schedule would you still be hopeful for the game to be played at a future date?

I am not thrilled in the least bit, but the scheduling has to continue across all sports. Texas Southern and Prairie View alike - which we have dates with in a few sports already lined up. Mentioned SHSU-PV because it was close to happening while TSU has a history of going to get those guarantee games at TSU.

3rd Coast Tiger
July 15th, 2009, 12:32 PM
I am not thrilled in the least bit, but the scheduling has to continue across all sports. Texas Southern and Prairie View alike - which we have dates with in a few sports already lined up. Mentioned SHSU-PV because it was close to happening while TSU has a history of going to get those guarantee games at TSU.

Is it possible that Prairie View didn't fill it's 2009 schedule because the Panthers couldn't find two of those "guarantee games"? xconfusedx

TexasTerror
July 15th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Is it possible that Prairie View didn't fill it's 2009 schedule because the Panthers couldn't find two of those "guarantee games"? xconfusedx

This deserves its own thread (which I believe it has). xcoffeex

This thread is about whether or not another school should post bulletin board material on their official athletic department blog.

crossfire07
July 15th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Just so you know, those rings don't say SLC champs..they say "1" and "10-2" indicating best conference record, that's all. Texas State got the nod for SLC champs.

they should have said Southland Champions because they were. Texas State was not the SLC champs and they were not #1 in the Southland with their 5-2 record as stated by Mod66 in his fact a day post. "2008 SLC Record: 5-2/1st" I believe UCA was first with a record of 6-1. Texas State went to the playoffs as the champs only because the SLC did not have the balls to stand up to the NCAA and say they are our champion. so what if the SLC did not send a team to Montana that was not going to win anyways because of a stupid NCAA rule. nothing lost. Montana had a really good team last year and nobody in the SLC other than maybe UCA was good enough to beat them but we will never know.

NSUDemon98
July 15th, 2009, 05:07 PM

I agree and hope the series continues after this next year. Before last season, the last time NSU and Grambling played both of my parents were attending NSU. xthumbsupx

SandMountainDemon
July 15th, 2009, 07:46 PM
they should have said Southland Champions because they were. Texas State was not the SLC champs and they were not #1 in the Southland with their 5-2 record as stated by Mod66 in his fact a day post. "2008 SLC Record: 5-2/1st" I believe UCA was first with a record of 6-1. Texas State went to the playoffs as the champs only because the SLC did not have the balls to stand up to the NCAA and say they are our champion. so what if the SLC did not send a team to Montana that was not going to win anyways because of a stupid NCAA rule. nothing lost. Montana had a really good team last year and nobody in the SLC other than maybe UCA was good enough to beat them but we will never know.

If UCA had been crowned conference champions, the Southland Conference would have lost their automatic bid for the playoffs. I cannot remember the exact rule/by-law number, but it roughly states that, "if a team that, (A) is on probation or (B) is in a transition period, is crowned conference champion and would be in place for an automatic qualifying bid to the postseason, then the conference would lose it's automatic bid status."

TexasTerror
July 15th, 2009, 08:30 PM
The conference automatic bid is determined on a year-to-year basis.

Crossfire seemingly suggests that last year would have been "okay" to forfeit the bid considering Montana would have rolled any team from the SLC outside of UCA. Correct me if I am wrong...

Dallas Demon
July 15th, 2009, 11:09 PM

My response was not toward UCA in any way, it was Crossfire's response that the Demon AD was putting out propaganda.

Dallas Demon
July 15th, 2009, 11:17 PM

I was at the 1974 game between Northwestern/Grambling at Shreveport where 40,000 were in attendance. What a great atmosphere, what a great game. The talent on the Grambling team that year was unbelievable, several NFLers off of that one team alone. Our all-conference center quit the team for the season in the 1st quarter because Gary "Big Hands" Johnson hammered him back 5 yards from the line of scrimmage every down we had during that first quarter. I think the series has the chance to be huge, let's hope it continues.

BEAR
July 16th, 2009, 12:19 AM
My response was not toward UCA in any way, it was Crossfire's response that the Demon AD was putting out propaganda.

I knew that. I was just hoping that this thread wouldn't turn out to be another "who was the real 2008 champion thread". xlolx xdeadhorsex

NSUDemon98
July 16th, 2009, 07:41 AM
I knew that. I was just hoping that this thread wouldn't turn out to be another "who was the real 2008 champion thread". xlolx xdeadhorsex

Unfortunately, considering the usual suspects, these threads can turn into a lot of things that involve xdeadhorsex

BEAR
July 16th, 2009, 12:19 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx