PDA

View Full Version : Gardner-Webb #1 Big South Preseason per Phil Steele

EagleDawg
July 11th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Picked up Phil Steele's ACC-Big East Regional Mag. today with the full FCS coverage on all 125 teams. Phil has GWU 1st in the Big South. I like the way he's looking at things and based on his recent prognostications, it's more than a bit plausible. I would give the rest of the Big South pre-season rankings but everyone should just go out and pick up the magazine. I found mine at Barnes & Noble in Winston-Salem. It has some of the most complete coverage on FCS teams that I've seen.

Go Runnin' Bulldogsxnodxxnodxxnodx

wilddog96
July 11th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Let's go Dogs. We are getting close Eagledawg.
I can't wait.

Seawolf97
July 11th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Congrats but we havent played yet:)

EagleDawg
July 11th, 2009, 09:29 PM
SeaWolf07 - True, but on Oct. 31 the SeaWolves and the Runnin' Bulldogs will match up in a Halloween Spooktacular and it's Homecoming to boot. By then, both teams should have a pretty good assessment of where they are as a team. The Dawgs have to like getting Stony Brook and Liberty at home. I'm just reporting what I read in a mag., nothing more. Wins are earned on the field not in print.

Redwyn
July 12th, 2009, 06:29 AM
SeaWolf07 - True, but on Oct. 31 the SeaWolves and the Runnin' Bulldogs will match up in a Halloween Spooktacular and it's Homecoming to boot. By then, both teams should have a pretty good assessment of where they are as a team. The Dawgs have to like getting Stony Brook and Liberty at home. I'm just reporting what I read in a mag., nothing more. Wins are earned on the field not in print.

All too true.....:D

catamount man
July 12th, 2009, 09:29 AM
This is why September 12 will not be an easy game at all. I think we'll win, but it won't be by much.

IaaScribe
July 12th, 2009, 04:56 PM
For the first time in my four years of covering the league, there isn't a definitive favorite. I could see Gardner-Webb, Liberty, Stony Brook or even Coastal Carolina winning it.

EagleDawg
July 12th, 2009, 06:14 PM
In just 55 days, the games begin. It's gonna be a heckuva a league race this year I believe. Will it be the Dawgs, Flames, Seawolves or Chants and you gotta figure that VMI will put points on the board but will their D hold up.

zilla
July 12th, 2009, 09:17 PM
In just 55 days, the games begin. It's gonna be a heckuva a league race this year I believe. Will it be the Dawgs, Flames, Seawolves or Chants and you gotta figure that VMI will put points on the board but will their D hold up.

You're right. There will be a lot of parity in the Big South in '09.

I won't make any predictions, but Coastal will be much better than many people are predicting.

Congrats on Steele's prediction, BTW. He's the king of college football publications.

SideLine Shooter
July 12th, 2009, 09:40 PM
You're right. There will be a lot of parity in the Big South in '09.

I won't make any predictions, but Coastal will be much better than many people are predicting.

Congrats on Steele's prediction, BTW. He's the king of college football publications.

I vote for that Baptist college.xnodx

Zeus69
July 12th, 2009, 10:40 PM
I will take the flames...upset pick is vmi

Libertine
July 12th, 2009, 10:47 PM
I vote for that Baptist college.xnodx

Charleston Southern?

Seawolf97
July 13th, 2009, 08:24 PM

Meant nothing negative. It should be a good game right at mid season.xthumbsupx

clinchBoy
July 12th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Gardner Webb #1...Ha. That will be the day. Look, as long as that knucklehead Patton is the head guy over there then the best the dawgs can hope for is 3rd at best.

Last year was supposed to be the year, and what happened? Another lackluster year of .500 football.

Patton is good enough to lose 2 games a year on his own! Phil Steele is a moron.

Seawolf97
July 12th, 2010, 09:46 PM
xeyebrowxMust be a time warp - this is last years hot scoop. Rod Serling on this board tonight ?

AtlantaMountaineer
July 12th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Picked up Phil Steele's ACC-Big East Regional Mag. today with the full FCS coverage on all 125 teams. Phil has GWU 1st in the Big South. I like the way he's looking at things and based on his recent prognostications, it's more than a bit plausible. I would give the rest of the Big South pre-season rankings but everyone should just go out and pick up the magazine. I found mine at Barnes & Noble in Winston-Salem. It has some of the most complete coverage on FCS teams that I've seen.

Go Runnin' Bulldogsxnodxxnodxxnodx

Sorry EagleDawg, but I picked up my Phil Steele's ACC/SEC/Big East, FCS mag tonight at Barnes and Noble and its shows Gardner-Webb finishing 5th in the Big South. What am I missing here?

Sly Fox
July 12th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Check the posting dates.

AtlantaMountaineer
July 13th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Check the posting dates.

DUh. Got me.

elcid83
July 13th, 2010, 09:05 AM
I have not seen this year's mag yet, but if Phil picked us #5 that could be a positive for the Webb. After all, he did pick us to be first last year and we finished tied for 4th place above VMI and PC. Great job Clinch taking the opportunity to yank up a year old post to renew your hatred against Coach Patton. Thankfully, our boys are hard at work getting ready for the upcoming season and don't bother reading this drivel.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

Seawolf97
July 13th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Good Luck anyway ! This was weird when it popped up -LOL