PDA

View Full Version : UD WR Mark Duncan Arrested

93henfan
July 10th, 2009, 10:44 AM
http://blogs.delawareonline.com/collegesports/

http://www.newarkpostonline.com/articles/2009/07/10/news/doc4a5656f4756bb959467692.txt

Some of you may recall the report of a UD player stabbed on May 30th. It was Duncan. Apparently he has changed his story regarding the circumstances of the stabbing multiple times and was arrested for filing a false report and hindering prosecution.

App State fans can rejoice. You may recall Mr. Duncan for his plunking of a Chattanooga cop in the the 2007 championship.

SideLine Shooter
July 10th, 2009, 10:50 AM
http://blogs.delawareonline.com/collegesports/

http://www.newarkpostonline.com/articles/2009/07/10/news/doc4a5656f4756bb959467692.txt

Some of you may recall the report of a UD player stabbed on May 30th. It was Duncan. Apparently he has changed his story regarding the circumstances of the stabbing multiple times and was arrested for filing a false report and hindering prosecution.

App State fans can rejoice. You may recall Mr. Duncan for his plunking of a Chattanooga cop in the the 2007 championship.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxthumbsupx

89Hen
July 10th, 2009, 11:19 AM
xoopsxxnonono2x

Skjellyfetti
July 10th, 2009, 11:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyZMl4ZjjFs

DetroitFlyer
July 10th, 2009, 11:42 AM
This post is a classic example of why I will not purchase anything that simply says "UD" on it. According to the Flyer goods I own, our "UD" is trademarked.... I am always VERY careful to make sure my stuff says "University of Dayton, or UD Flyers, etc".

It is just to risky, as indicated in this thread, to be mistaken for that school out east....:D

ChickenMan
July 10th, 2009, 12:01 PM
It is just to risky, as indicated in this thread, to be mistaken for that school out east....:D

Don't worry.. no person who knows anything about football.. would EVER confuse Dayton with Delaware... :p

bluehenbillk
July 10th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Not good for a thinning WR corps at UD.

henfan
July 10th, 2009, 12:40 PM

You guys also apparently have the trademark on trustees making 'loans' to the parents of hoop recruits, as duly noted by the NCAA.:o

Just a stupid situation for Duncan to put himself into. He should have known better.

andy7171
July 10th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Can I be the first to mention their success against the PL champion?

elon77
July 10th, 2009, 01:08 PM
So who did stab him? Did he cut himself skinning a deer?xconfusedx

griz8791
July 10th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Don't worry.. no person who knows anything about football.. would EVER confuse Dayton with Delaware... :p

Rimshot, cymbal crash.

Uncle Buck
July 10th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Rimshot, cymbal crash.

Haha, too funny! :D

Hoyadestroya85
July 10th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Wow, duncan seems like a superstar

93henfan
July 10th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Wow, duncan seems like a superstar

I don't think anyone but the long-snapper could have been considered a superstar on the '08 UD squad.

YoUDeeMan
July 10th, 2009, 08:39 PM
You may recall Mr. Duncan for his plunking of a Chattanooga cop in the the 2007 championship.

Now it all makes sense. xsmiley_wix

Mr. Duncan was afraid that the Newark Police remembered that video of Duncan assaulting the Chatty cop and, in support of their fellow officer in uniform, that they would get their revenge on the UD football player. Duncan was so nervous that he completely forgot what actually happened and imagined four horrific knifing stories, including one where he said 4 white guys attacked him.

xnonono2x

Nothing like throwing a little race into it, Mr. Duncan. xeyebrowx

Hoyadestroya85
July 10th, 2009, 08:50 PM
It makes me happy to know that you UD guys won't excuse trashy behavior like a florida state fan (or even a UMASS fan) would

LacesOut
July 10th, 2009, 11:43 PM
So they go from one good WR to none???

I don't follow UD anywhere near as closely as others on this board, but this sounds familiar to me. I think I remember a few years back when they lost a couple of WR's due to grades/off field issues/etc...

Is there a team out there that does not have off season issues anymore????!!

Tribe4SF
July 11th, 2009, 05:30 AM
Is there a team out there that does not have off season issues anymore????!!

The answer to that would be no. Some schools seem to go through spells with more serious issues (Montana last year, as an example), but noone is exempt. We don't seem to have the gloating, self righteous responses to these things that we used to see on here. I think evryone understands that this can happen anywhere.

93henfan
July 11th, 2009, 10:38 AM
The answer to that would be no. Some schools seem to go through spells with more serious issues (Montana last year, as an example), but noone is exempt. We don't seem to have the gloating, self righteous responses to these things that we used to see on here. I think evryone understands that this can happen anywhere.

xnodx

I will also add that many fanbases (I especially notice this as a Delaware fan) believe that their coach/coaches of the current decade are/were less of a disciplinarian than the coaches of the 90s and earlier. I would attribute this to two things:

1. The internet - These kinds of things can't be hidden like they often were 10 or 20 years ago

2. Modern society - Let's face it. The streets get a little meaner, the parenting a little less, and the school budgets per pupil a little bit leaner every year. We're seeing the cumulative effect of this in our young people.

bleedblue
July 13th, 2009, 07:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyZMl4ZjjFs

Sounds like the App fans were saying some nasty things because the officer said he understood why Duncan was upset. The officer said the things I heard from the crowd made me wanna jerk some fans up. For a UD kid to be angry I'm guessing he was referring to the APP fans. Although the one's I came across were fun to party with. But Duncan is gone, I would think. BTW thanks for that clip. I did not see that one.

BDKJMU
July 14th, 2009, 08:20 AM
xnodx

I will also add that many fanbases (I especially notice this as a Delaware fan) believe that their coach/coaches of the current decade are/were less of a disciplinarian than the coaches of the 90s and earlier. I would attribute this to two things:

1. The internet - These kinds of things can't be hidden like they often were 10 or 20 years ago

2. Modern society - Let's face it. The streets get a little meaner, the parenting a little less, and the school budgets per pupil a little bit leaner every year. We're seeing the cumulative effect of this in our young people.

Baloney.