PDA

View Full Version : Bulldog Stadium expansion?

dgreco
July 2nd, 2009, 08:25 PM
I am back in RI for a little and had the chance to go by Bryant today to see the new Chapel, townhomes, president's home, dorms, etc... and I went by the football stadium and there was a bunch of construction.

I am not exactly sure what they are doing, I will go by when its not raining to get a few pictures and maybe people can piece it together.

All I saw was that they gutted out the inside and are putting in all new locker rooms, concessions, and restrooms. Also, behind the stadium they were building up a new foundation flush with the back wall on the seating. It was the length of the back wall and it seems to be about 3 or 4 feet of foundation buildup. I am thinking that they may be adding new seats as a second layer behind the original seats?

I could not think what else such a large foundation would need? If it were lights they would use a smaller slab, and if it was just to make the behind the stadium a nicer "patio" type area I am sure they would not build up the foundation like so.

After i post some pictures I am sure people can give better information, but any guesses?

Bulldog Fan
July 3rd, 2009, 09:23 PM
The rumor is Bryant received a nice donation from a grad to expand the locker rooms, bathrooms and concessions. I hope they increase the home seating capacity and put permanent seating on the visitor side.

dgreco
July 4th, 2009, 08:24 AM
That makes sense since most of the inside is gutted, I am still confused by the huge foundation buildup just for the expansion on locker rooms and concessions.