PDA

View Full Version : Dayton lands two FBS transfers!

DetroitFlyer
July 2nd, 2009, 07:55 PM
After many, many years, probably since the Division III days, the Flyers have landed two FBS transfers!

http://www.daytonflyers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/cobb_andrew00.html

Andrew Cobb from North Carolina State

http://www.daytonflyers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/homan_joey00.html

Joey Homan from the University of Cincinnati

I do not think that Mike Kelly actively pursued FBS transfers. It looks like Rick Chamberlin may have a different thought on this topic. Glad to see Dayton getting this caliber of player to go along with another impressive looking recruiting class.

I know that we just missed on a third transfer from Syracuse, (he chose Eastern Kentucky).

Kind of gets me fired up for football season!

Ivytalk
July 2nd, 2009, 08:04 PM
Basketball school...!:pxcoffeex

DetroitFlyer
July 2nd, 2009, 08:07 PM
Basketball school...!:pxcoffeex

Does Harvard have any athletic programs? Quiz bowl does not count, nor does the chess club!xlolx

Hoyadestroya85
July 2nd, 2009, 08:18 PM
:yawns: these guys both seem like they were glued to the bench at their respective schools/complete non dressers. You made it seem like Brandon Spikes and Tim Tebow transferred to Dayton. Tell us when you have some real news.

Ivytalk
July 2nd, 2009, 08:19 PM
Does Harvard have any athletic programs? Quiz bowl does not count, nor does the chess club!xlolx

Hey, nummnutz, we have 41 sports. How many does your "school" have?

andy7171
July 2nd, 2009, 09:24 PM
Bench warmers in FBS = starters at Dayton.

:p

xlolx

ngineer
July 2nd, 2009, 10:37 PM

Hey, I thought you were away on vacation in the Mediteranean??? Talk about an AGS Jones....;)xrotatehx

DetroitFlyer
July 3rd, 2009, 05:24 AM

Maybe you did not read my post, quiz bowl, chess club, and the Flat Earth Society do not count....xlolx

Redwyn
July 3rd, 2009, 06:43 AM
Maybe you did not read my post, quiz bowl, chess club, and the Flat Earth Society do not count....xlolx

1. If you wanna make fun of a school for quiz bowl prowess, the #1 school in the US hands down year after year is U Minnesota Twin Cities. The same U Minnesota that has a smashmouth football program. It just DOMINATES anyone else in quiz bowl though. For the record, Stony Brook's #15!

2. No offense to Dayton, which has some good prodigal sports, but you are not even within ass sniffing distance of the Harvard athletic tradition. They may not do well in the high attendance sports, but one might say that's more a league decision than the school itself. Call me when your school does its 300th anniversary and played the first intercollegiate sport in WORLD history.

Sorry for coming off a bit aggressive today. I've begun working towards rowing for the US National team so the new diet's a mood swinger. :)

laxVik
July 3rd, 2009, 09:15 AM
Sorry for coming off a bit aggressive today. I've begun working towards rowing for the US National team so the new diet's a mood swinger. :)Now there's a sport. Up there with punching the wall 30 times. xeyebrowx

Redwyn
July 3rd, 2009, 10:36 AM
Now there's a sport. Up there with punching the wall 30 times. xeyebrowx

Oh you have no idea.....might need to get all my knuckles replaced....

udchuck
July 3rd, 2009, 06:54 PM

:p

xlolx

What makes you think they will be starters at Dayton ???xnonox

Statefan
July 20th, 2009, 03:42 PM
:yawns: these guys both seem like they were glued to the bench at their respective schools/complete non dressers. You made it seem like Brandon Spikes and Tim Tebow transferred to Dayton. Tell us when you have some real news.

What you know about ACC football could be written on the head of a pin. Cobb was a dresser including our Bowl game against Rutgers. Check out our roster. Cobb was going against our ones. That was/is McCuller who is 6'7" 335. I think he'll be able to do OK in the Pioneer.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 20th, 2009, 04:12 PM

I'll be sure to bring both these posts up next time we get a breathless "Rob Schoenhoft just transferred to UD!" thread. Why pi$$ on DF's parade?

89Hen
July 20th, 2009, 04:28 PM
After many, many years, probably since the Division III days, the Flyers have landed two FBS transfers!
Congrats DF. Now get after your AD to schedule some better OOC games. xthumbsupx

Fordham
July 20th, 2009, 07:29 PM

http://www.daytonflyers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/cobb_andrew00.html

Andrew Cobb from North Carolina State

http://www.daytonflyers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/homan_joey00.html

Joey Homan from the University of Cincinnati

I do not think that Mike Kelly actively pursued FBS transfers. It looks like Rick Chamberlin may have a different thought on this topic. Glad to see Dayton getting this caliber of player to go along with another impressive looking recruiting class.

I know that we just missed on a third transfer from Syracuse, (he chose Eastern Kentucky).

Kind of gets me fired up for football season!

Good stuff, DF. Congrats.

Hoyadestroya85
July 20th, 2009, 08:36 PM
What you know about ACC football could be written on the head of a pin. Cobb was a dresser including our Bowl game against Rutgers. Check out our roster. Cobb was going against our ones. That was/is McCuller who is 6'7" 335. I think he'll be able to do OK in the Pioneer.

I actually know quite a bit about ACC Football.. And sorry if i didn't know about one reserve player on NC State. Really hoping Andre Brown is a beast though!

DetroitFlyer
July 21st, 2009, 12:45 PM

I am hearing VERY good things about Mr. Cobb. I think he will be a great fit for Dayton. We already have a great defensive line, adding Andrew could makes us one of the best defensive lines in FCS. At the very least, he will bring great depth to our roster, and he still has four year of eligibility left. I cannot wait to see him play in person!

andy7171
July 21st, 2009, 12:50 PM
What makes you think they will be starters at Dayton ???xnonox

The ! in the end of the subject line.