PDA

View Full Version : How Good Will The '09 Griz Be?

VictorG
July 2nd, 2009, 12:27 PM
We can speculate on the incoming Freshman Class, transfers and drop downs all we want but past History has shown that there is one barometer which truly points out just how good the Griz will be this coming year.

The first time it was used the Griz were pretty good in that they reached the semi finial game (should have won but that's a different story), but NO ONE has mentioned it since. Maybe Ronbo has heard something?:)

The question which should provide insight to this years Griz team is:

Has Hauck told the UM Book Store to order extra heavy winter jackets?xnodx

Ronbo
July 2nd, 2009, 01:13 PM
We might not know about Winter jacket orders till mid August. It is a fact that the Bookstore Manager calls the Coaches and asks them how good the team will be and should he order extra winter gear.

catbob
July 2nd, 2009, 01:19 PM
Thanks for confirming my sig guys. :)

Silenoz
July 2nd, 2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks for confirming my sig guys. :)
If the Cats ever go 16+ straight years with a record of 8-4 or better, I guarantee the shoe would be on the other foot, as it were

Or did I butcher that saying? I'm sure you know what I mean

jmu_duke07
July 2nd, 2009, 02:45 PM
If JMU was in the Big South then we would be in the same boat as Montana is with the Big Sky.

Silenoz
July 2nd, 2009, 02:47 PM
If JMU was in the Big South then we would be in the same boat as Montana is with the Big Sky.
Has a Big South team ever won a road playoff game over a seeded team by 30+?

AppIAA
July 2nd, 2009, 02:53 PM

Wasnt it Montana that ended your lucky season last year??

How can you talk trash about them and the Big Sky when they were the ones who "de-throned" you..

The Big Sky is weaker than the CAA, but Montana would compete in the SoCon, CAA, any conference year in, year out..

CrunchGriz
July 2nd, 2009, 02:56 PM
Has a Big South team ever won a road playoff game over a top-seeded team by 30+?

Fixed that one for ya, Silenoz. ;)

Silenoz
July 2nd, 2009, 02:58 PM
Fixed that one for ya, Silenoz. ;)

Well I actually had the EWU game in mind since it was more recent. Though on second thought that was only a 29 point win

VictorG
July 2nd, 2009, 03:54 PM
We might not know about Winter jacket orders till mid August. It is a fact that the Bookstore Manager calls the Coaches and asks them how good the team will be and should he order extra winter gear.

Come to think of it, this may be the way we find out about the "gambling" issue in regards to home play off games as well. If Hauck tells the book store to get heavy winter jackets, then the gambling issue is moot. If he says "wind breakers", the NCAA will have us on the road!xlolx

mvemjsunpx
July 2nd, 2009, 05:01 PM

Oh yes, that's obviously true. The Big Sky routinely gets 2 teams in the playoffs every year while the Big South has a total of 1 playoff berth in their entire history.

Unless, of course, you're claiming JMU is a much weaker version of Montana in the same way the Big South is a much weaker version of the rest of the Big Sky. In that case, I agree xthumbsupx.

I Bleed Purple
July 2nd, 2009, 05:06 PM
Weber's due for a win in Missoula, so I'll say second place outright. None of this share crap that annoys me to no end.

:)