PDA

View Full Version : UNI/Texas State: You have the national TV audience

Retro
December 4th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Well, Now that we know that the Northern Iowa - Texas State game will be on ESPN 2 friday night at 8pm est, this is a great opportunity for I-AA to show it's stuff to the national audience..
There are no other College football games on at the same time and no pro games to compete with either... Hopefully we will see an overflow crowd, great weather and great show on the field... I hope ESPN puts one of it's best crews on for this one and especially no Rodney Gilmore (mr transfer).

PantherMan
December 4th, 2005, 11:04 PM
I agree. This is the reason why as a fan I didn't mind the Friday night game. Much more fun to watch a good night game then an early afternoon game in my opinion. xprost2x

pt_prodigy
December 4th, 2005, 11:29 PM
Ever since the Sam Houston game each game has been bigger and better atmosphere-wise by topping the previous one. It will be an awsome friday night, and with what is on the line no doubt that streak will continue. Its not often a school gets to play 10 home games in one season, either.

Cocky
December 5th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Well, Now that we know that the Northern Iowa - Texas State game will be on ESPN 2 friday night at 8pm est, this is a great opportunity for I-AA to show it's stuff to the national audience..
There are no other College football games on at the same time and no pro games to compete with either... Hopefully we will see an overflow crowd, great weather and great show on the field... I hope ESPN puts one of it's best crews on for this one and especially no Rodney Gilmore (mr transfer).

If they send Gilmore, maybe the San Marcos police will arrest and hold him till Saturday.

bandl
December 5th, 2005, 08:07 AM

I watched the TSU game last weekend, and the atmosphere was great. I have no doubt it will be the same for this game. I'm really looking forward to watching it.

txstatebobcat
December 5th, 2005, 08:41 AM
I read in an article in the Austin newspaper that around half the tickets for the game have already been sold. I bet we the stadium will be sold out by either Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.

bcrawf
December 5th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Thats great that the stadium will be full and the game will be incredible. It is so great that we have UNI and TSU because either place would have been packed and rocking.

The best thing for I-AA football is that no one will see Durham, NH and that embarrassing high school stadium they play in. I played in a mediocre high school program here in Iowa and we had nicer facilities!!!

I expect a great game on Friday that could go either way. I like UNI based on the experience factor. (But, of course I am a little biased)

Thank You TSU fans for being 10,000,000 times classier than those UNH cronies. :hurray:

ButlerGSU
December 5th, 2005, 09:32 AM
How will TSU- SM fans travel to TN if they win on Friday? I'm looking forward to a big game on the 16th.

UNI MadCat
December 5th, 2005, 10:18 AM
How will TSU- SM fans travel to TN if they win on Friday? I'm looking forward to a big game on the 16th.

You think that many of them will care about going to TN to watch UNI??? :)

GGASU
December 5th, 2005, 10:32 AM
xprost2x
I agree. This is the reason why as a fan I didn't mind the Friday night game. Much more fun to watch a good night game then an early afternoon game in my opinion. xprost2x

Attendence for the semi-final games got at least a 50% increase thanks to Northern Iowa.

1. Texas States stadium holds a lot more than NHHS's does.

2. The low on Friday night in Boone is forecast to be 14 degrees, which would kept a lot of fans away. The forecast for saturday is around 40 degrees and sunny. App fans have no excuse this week not to fill the stadium to capacity+.

Thanks NIU.... :beerchug:

nmatsen
December 5th, 2005, 10:53 AM
xprost2x

Attendence for the semi-final games got at least a 50% increase thanks to Northern Iowa.

1. Texas States stadium holds a lot more than NHHS's does.

2. The low on Friday night in Boone is forecast to be 14 degrees, which would kept a lot of fans away. The forecast for saturday is around 40 degrees and sunny. App fans have no excuse this week not to fill the stadium to capacity+.

Thanks NIU.... :beerchug:

UNI-UNI-UNI University of Northern Iowa UNI/Northern Illinois University NIU