PDA

View Full Version : ASU EXPERT OPINIONS!!???

Back2Back05
December 4th, 2005, 03:40 AM
After playing ASU in the first round and watching ASU tonight, I had two very different opinions of Woazeah's play. Thought he was a pretty good player but after watching him get beat twice for TD's one on one coverage, I'm thinking my last weeks opinion was only due to his big play name he got from the fumble recovery and the interception he was handed.

what are the asu fan opinions and do you think that is a weakness furman will exploit??

SoCon48
December 4th, 2005, 06:39 AM
After playing ASU in the first round and watching ASU tonight, I had two very different opinions of Woazeah's play. Thought he was a pretty good player but after watching him get beat twice for TD's one on one coverage, I'm thinking my last weeks opinion was only due to his big play name he got from the fumble recovery and the interception he was handed.

what are the asu fan opinions and do you think that is a weakness furman will exploit??

He has lots of weaknesses. For god's sake, fellow, he's only a SOPHOMORE. Played RB primarily in high school!!!
His big plays have come at huge crunch times this year. One of his big interceptions saved our asses earlier in the year.
He'll become more consistent as he gains experience.

And to top it off, he was part of a 22 man winning effort the past TWO play-off weeks!!
THAT SPEAKS VOLUMES!!

Back2Back05
December 4th, 2005, 01:49 PM
He has lots of weaknesses. For god's sake, fellow, he's only a SOPHOMORE. Played RB primarily in high school!!!
His big plays have come at huge crunch times this year. One of his big interceptions saved our asses earlier in the year.
He'll become more consistent as he gains experience.

And to top it off, he was part of a 22 man winning effort the past TWO play-off weeks!!
THAT SPEAKS VOLUMES!!

I know ASU is a great team, but even great teams have their weaknesses. I'm just curious if Furman will go after that particular weakness. I guess i'm asking if they did the first meeting this year?

OL FU
December 4th, 2005, 01:56 PM
I know ASU is a great team, but even great teams have their weaknesses. I'm just curious if Furman will go after that particular weakness. I guess i'm asking if they did the first meeting this year?

Furman will do what they did the last time we played. Run first pass second. It is something that we should be able to do again against ASU. And I see no reason to believe this game will not be like the last (how many is it) games we have played. Settled by less than a score.

Interesting side point - Last game, Furman fans were talking about ASU's weak field goal kicker. This game we have to worry about our kicker's mental block (or what ever is going on). :eek:

Appstate03
December 4th, 2005, 01:58 PM
He had one incredible interception last night and two total, along with about 3 or 4 pass deflections. He has great vertical and can jump up to deflect or intercept, like he did against SIU. He might get exploited some but so will Furman's lack of defense against the run up the middle

Cincy App
December 4th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Furman will do what they did the last time we played. Run first pass second. It is something that we should be able to do again against ASU. And I see no reason to believe this game will not be like the last (how many is it) games we have played. Settled by less than a score.

Furman does like to run more than pass. Still, Furman's tendency is to throw a 15 to 20-yard pass on the first play of many possessions (often successful) to knock the defense off balance and improve field position before moving back to the running game.

ASU Kep
December 4th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Rauch is actually doing a lot better lately.