1. Texas State-San Marcos
2. Central Arkansas
3. McNeese State
4. Northwestern State
5. Southeastern Louisiana
6. Sam Houston State
7. Stephen F. Austin State
8. Nicholls State

Personally, I think they're being very kind to SHSU. I see us finishing next to last or last place. Just my humble little opinion, that's all.

lionsrking2
June 17th, 2009, 02:34 PM
1. Texas State-San Marcos
2. Central Arkansas
3. McNeese State
4. Northwestern State
5. Southeastern Louisiana
6. Sam Houston State
7. Stephen F. Austin State
8. Nicholls State

Personally, I think they're being very kind to SHSU. I see us finishing next to last or last place. Just my humble little opinion, that's all.

I think it's a very solid, fair and well-reasoned prediction, but I do believe we'll make a strong push to finish in the top three...we're loaded at the skill positions and have a much improved offensive line. If our young corners play reasonably close to their athletic ability, we should see big improvement on the defensive side of the ball as well...should be our best team since bringing football back.

TexasTerror
June 17th, 2009, 04:00 PM
This is fine...

Nicholls State lost a lot of their luster with Webb and Bunch gone and they are dealing with quite a few off the field financial woes that have left them short as far as coaches and cut spring ball short. The Colonels come to Huntsville, which tends to work out a bit more in our favor.

Stephen F. Austin allowed every Div I opponent they played score 34+ points on them and despite Williams/Knicky - they could be over their heads, especially if the young WR corp does not step up. SHSU goes to SFA, but with the Jacks 0-2 heading into the game (vs UCA, at McN) - I got to go with the team that steps up in such a game.

McNeese75
June 17th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Looks like a reasonable guess. I think we will have a better idea of what the Cowboys will be bringing to the table after the August camp. Personally I think we will have as good a chance as anyone to run the table.

TexasTerror
June 17th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Looks like a reasonable guess. I think we will have a better idea of what the Cowboys will be bringing to the table after the August camp. Personally I think we will have as good a chance as anyone to run the table.

I have McNeese second in my prognostications. xthumbsupx

You do travel to San Marcos - which will possibly be the biggest game of the year. xnodx

McNeese75
June 17th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I have McNeese second in my prognostications. xthumbsupx

You do travel to San Marcos - which will possibly be the biggest game of the year. xnodx

That will be a test for sure. xnodx

Here is an incoming RB the SLC will see in the Cowboy backfield in the near future (hopefully he will redshirt this year) JSO posted the link on Geauxcowboys.com xthumbsupx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHOPoiq5kIw

MSU_77
June 17th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I think this is the correct link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHOPoiq5kIw

lionsrking2
June 17th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Since we're posting highlights, here's our incoming freshman, Sam Fairley ...would be nice to redshirt him but he'll be tough to keep off the field...

Sam Fairley, RB, East Central HS, Moss Point, MS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2bVn0Oz2k

chrisattsu
June 18th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Honestly, I hate being ranked #1 in the preseason poll. It puts a target on your back, and everyone brings their A+ game every week.

McNeese75
June 18th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Since we're posting highlights, here's our incoming freshman, Sam Fairley ...would be nice to redshirt him but he'll be tough to keep off the field...

Sam Fairley, RB, East Central HS, Moss Point, MS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2bVn0Oz2k

Looks pretty good but a little on the slow side :D xthumbsupx

McNeese75
June 18th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Honestly, I hate being ranked #1 in the preseason poll. It puts a target on your back, and everyone brings their A+ game every week.

It's time for the Cats to take the reins and handle that target on the back thing if they want to move to the FBS. xnodx Cowboys are used to having that on their back and it can get bloody at times :D

chrisattsu
June 18th, 2009, 11:10 AM
It's time for the Cats to take the reins and handle that target on the back thing if they want to move to the FBS. xnodx Cowboys are used to having that on their back and it can get bloody at times :D

Very good point.

crossfire07
June 18th, 2009, 03:25 PM

actually you don't have to be ranked #1, just hated.

crossfire07
June 18th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Here is an incoming RB the SLC will see in the Cowboy backfield in the near future (hopefully he will redshirt this year)

he hits the wholes very well and has descent hands as well.