g-webb1994
June 16th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Season finale at G-W? Interesting.

slycat
June 16th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Not too shabby

Libertine
June 16th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Decent OOC. Two home games in the last seven weeks is tough though.

Punchykky
June 16th, 2009, 11:01 PM
That's a nice schedule. W&M and JMU. WOW! Good luck with that!

kdinva
June 17th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Season finale at G-W? Interesting.

It is the same for 2011.........not The Citadel or Liberty.

DTSpider
June 28th, 2009, 11:38 PM
No Richmond...interesting

Franks Tanks
June 29th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Thats a difficult OOC schedule. At least you have Lock Haven on there for an easy win as Lock Haven is one of the worst teams in all of D2 on a yearly basis.

citdog
June 29th, 2009, 11:24 AM
the v@gina military institute is still smarting from the 70pts we dropped on them in Lexington the last time we played......they wanted NOTHING TO DO WITH PALYING US UNTIL 2011. TELL SPARKY THAT WE'LL TRY NOT TO GET HIM FIRED FROM THIS JOB LIKE WE DID WHEN HE WAS AT SOUTH CAROLINA......38-35

kdinva
June 29th, 2009, 11:39 AM
No Richmond...interesting
I think VMI v. UR is pencilled in for both the 2011 and 2012 seasons; to complete the current 6-game contract.

kdinva
June 29th, 2009, 11:44 AM
the virgina military institute is still smarting from the 70pts we dropped on them in Lexington the last time we played......they wanted NOTHING TO DO WITH PALYING US UNTIL 2011. TELL SPARKY THAT WE'LL TRY NOT TO GET HIM FIRED FROM THIS JOB LIKE WE DID WHEN HE WAS AT SOUTH CAROLINA......38-35
VMI never wanted this series to be interrupted. That was Les Robinson wanting a couple more 1-A money games (really couldn't blame him, though. Citadel was very competitive at Wisconsin). Once Mr. Robinson retired, the re-newal of this series was all but guaranteed to happen.

We'll show up on 10/29/11.

citdog
June 29th, 2009, 11:54 AM
VMI never wanted this series to be interrupted. That was Les Robinson wanting a couple more 1-A money games (really couldn't blame him, though. Citadel was very competitive at Wisconsin). Once Mr. Robinson retired, the re-newal of this series was all but guaranteed to happen.

We'll show up on 10/29/11.

that is propaganda worthy of Joseph Goebbels!!!!!! We offered 3 different dates to play you......you wanted NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF THEM......I understand that y'all needed a couple of years to get some things fixed up there....but if you wanted to play us.......you'd have never left the schedule.

kdinva
June 29th, 2009, 12:45 PM
that is propaganda worthy of Joseph Goebbels!!!!!! We offered 3 different dates to play you......you wanted NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF THEM......I understand that y'all needed a couple of years to get some things fixed up there....but if you wanted to play us.......you'd have never left the schedule.
Yes, I do now recall ONE date offered, Aug. 29th or so for the 2007 season. The VMI brass thought that was too early for a game of this "significance". Any other dates offered may have already had a conference game locked in, and VMI didn't want to happen, what did happen with Delaware St. this Spring.

Games like Citadel v. VMI deserve a late season date (November, but Oct. 29, 2011 is fine).

Go...gate
June 29th, 2009, 03:25 PM
So you play West Point in '09 and '10? Very good.

89Hen
June 29th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Sept. 11 at William & Mary
Sept. 18 JAMES MADISON
Oct. 16 LIBERTY*
Nov. 13 at Old Dominion
Need to just add Richmond, Hampton and NSU to round out the Commonwealth Cup. xthumbsupx

kdinva
June 29th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Need to just add Richmond, Hampton and NSU to round out the Commonwealth Cup. xthumbsupx
that has been kicked around.........by alumni, etc.

Seawolf97
June 29th, 2009, 09:02 PM
So you play West Point in '09 and '10? Very good.

I was just going to say the samething. Back to back games at Army nice. We visit them in 2012.

Millwoch
June 30th, 2009, 02:05 PM
It is the same for 2011.........not The Citadel or Liberty.

I thought VMI and The Citadel were back on for 2011...why can't we make this happen?

kdinva
June 30th, 2009, 08:37 PM
I thought VMI and The Citadel were back on for 2011...why can't we make this happen?
VMI @ The Citadel; 10/29/2011.........The earlier text/question was in reference to the fact VMI's final game in 2010 and 2011 is Gardner-Webb (not The Citadel, which was both of our school's final game a good pct. of the time recently).

Millwoch
July 1st, 2009, 10:36 AM
VMI @ The Citadel; 10/29/2011.........The earlier text/question was in reference to the fact VMI's final game in 2010 and 2011 is Gardner-Webb (not The Citadel, which was both of our school's final game a good pct. of the time recently).

The Citadel Vs. VMI game has been played 66 times (34-30-2 in favor of El Cid) The game has been played the last game of the year only 9 times by looking at El Cid's schedule(1950, 93, 94, 97, 98, 2000, 03, 05, 07). The move to make VMI the last game of the year was after El Cid dropped Furman from the last game which was the traditional last game up to '93 (and I wish the Paladins is who the last game was today not VMI.)

The first game was played in 1920 and the Dogs suffered a 35-0 drubbing in Lynchburg. El Cids first win came in 1930 by a score of 7-6(the 3rd game in the series) Since 1970 El cid has 24 wins and VMI 12 with 1 tie.(my lifetime) THe longest win streak goes to VMI with 7 in a row between 1950-57. El Cid has won 5 in a row twice (68-72 and 90-94). The last 10 does not fair well for VMI 8-2. Thanks to the SOCON the game was played every year from 1946-2003. (no game in 04, 08, 09....)

ElSissy
July 1st, 2009, 11:07 AM
Why did the VeeMees put the Citadel series on hiatus for four years? VMI has a fine tradition of running from SoCon competition.

kdinva
July 1st, 2009, 11:52 AM
Why did the VeeMees put the Citadel series on hiatus for four years? VMI has a fine tradition of running from SoCon competition.
Who said it was all VMI's doing? A couple of times recently VMI was offered dates that were already locked in for Big South games, and VMI didn't want to go through the hassle of multiple schools doing schedule adjusting (see Delaware St. for 2009). VMI offered 11/21 for 2009, but Citadel had a SoCon game locked in as well. Works both ways.

I'd love to see VMI have two of their non-conf. games vs. current SoCon members, don't think it'll happen soon. VMI, for now, has: 6 Big South games, two games from the in-State list of UR, JMU, and W&M, a 1-A game for $$$, and one early game for the "W" (Lock Haven, etc.). We got ODU for 2009 & 2010, then Citadel for 2011-2017.

ElSissy
July 1st, 2009, 12:27 PM
It was all of VMI's doing. We offered open dates for both schools before the last contract ended. VMI refused to schedule us for those dates. The response from VMI was that they would consider another contract at "some time in the future". VMI took the shine off the Silver Shako with that response.

kdinva
July 1st, 2009, 02:19 PM
It was all of VMI's doing......... The response from VMI was that they would consider another contract at "some time in the future".
IF that is true, that happened while Cal McCombs (A citadel grad) was the coach, not Jim Reid.

elon77
July 2nd, 2009, 08:39 AM
It was all of VMI's doing. We offered open dates for both schools before the last contract ended. VMI refused to schedule us for those dates. The response from VMI was that they would consider another contract at "some time in the future". VMI took the shine off the Silver Shako with that response.

Someone just show the picture of the female VMI cheerleader kicking The Citadel's butt.

FCS Go!
July 2nd, 2009, 08:42 AM
Someone just show the picture of the female VMI cheerleader kicking The Citadel's butt.

Hear! Hear! xrotatehx

ElSissy
July 2nd, 2009, 12:25 PM

I think you mean the pic of the Citadel cadet who was being a gentleman by not responding to her violent provocation with violence. Clearly, he could have pounded that little beeyotch into the ground. She knew he wouldn't strike her and took advantage of his restraint.

kdinva
July 2nd, 2009, 12:39 PM
I think you mean the pic of the Citadel cadet who was being a gentleman by not responding to her violent provocation with violence. Clearly, he could have pounded that little beeyotch into the ground. She knew he wouldn't strike her and took advantage of his restraint.
Maybe first he goosed her in the hiney or similar.......or spoke of her mama......ever think about that? Why would she just walk up to that cadet and put him in that John Cena headlock?

mrklean
July 2nd, 2009, 04:00 PM
VMI vs The Citadel should be one of these games that are played every year. I wonder if Citdog would invite me to this game in 2011

Millwoch
July 3rd, 2009, 09:51 AM
VMI vs The Citadel should be one of these games that are played every year. I wonder if Citdog would invite me to this game in 2011

Can't speak for Citdog...but since Citdog and I often share beers in the parking lots around JHS I can safely say all are welcome and will be shown a good time. But you have to pull for the Socon team to beat the Bigsouth team..(that mean wearing Citadel blue xsmiley_wix)