TE - Scott Sicko - New Hampshire
LB - Osayi Osunde - Villanova
DB - Charlie Graves - Delaware

93henfan
June 16th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Wow, they really went out on a limb with those picks. xsmiley_wix

Bull Fan
June 16th, 2009, 09:28 AM
I think either UNH, Maine or UMass will have a slip-up this year due to injury or will absorb one too many upsets, and HU will wind up in third in the North. The CAA is just too unpredictable ;)

Jackman
June 16th, 2009, 09:36 AM
That's the exact same order they finished in last season except someone was awake enough to swap JMU with the defending national champs.

93henfan
June 16th, 2009, 09:41 AM
That's the exact same order they finished in last season except someone was awake enough to swap JMU with the defending national champs.

Bingo.

jmufan999
June 16th, 2009, 09:50 AM

awake? i'm confused... every poll i've seen has had richmond ahead of JMU... why wouldn't they be?

this list looks fine to me. like you guys said, no real shockers. i do think UNH has a chance to absolutely DOMINATE the north, though. i have no idea what UMass will look like but I'd like to see a return to prominence.

jmufan999
June 16th, 2009, 09:51 AM
poll, list, whatever... before some smart a**points that out. who cares.

andy7171
June 16th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Wow. You got defensive quick!

Not that you care, but polls tend to be more reliable because it is multiple opinions, not just one.

jmufan999
June 16th, 2009, 10:23 AM
nope, not defensive. just knew someone would point it out, but i really don't know why anyone cares. one opinion, 800 million opinions, who cares? they're still OPINIONS.

and as you can see, i was right... 7 minutes later and i'm getting another lesson on the difference between polls and lists.

andy7171
June 16th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Go be a d!ck someplace else.

GSUhooligan
June 16th, 2009, 11:10 AM
If a CAA team (or any other team in a large conference) is having trouble scheduling an OOC game, can they schedule a CAA team that they're not supposed to play that year if the other team is having similar difficulties?

andy7171
June 16th, 2009, 11:12 AM
If a CAA team (or any other team in a large conference) is having trouble scheduling an OOC game, can they schedule a CAA team that they're not supposed to play that year if the other team is having similar difficulties?

Yes Delaware did it with Rhode Island and/or UMass a couple years ago.

WMTribe90
June 16th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Reasonable picks. I'm not sold on anybody from the north except UNH. I think Maine, UMass or Hofstra could end up second in the north.

Bull Fan
June 16th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Agree. Outside of Northeastern and URI, the top four could be solved by drawing straws. I don't think Hofstra has the chops to finish first (at least for another couple years), but it could be interesting. Then again, the same could probably be said for the South. Always a stacked conference.

WrenFGun
June 16th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I think it's possible that the 5th place CAA South team is as good/better as the 1st place CAA North team.

Jackman
June 16th, 2009, 01:45 PM
awake? i'm confused... every poll i've seen has had richmond ahead of JMU... why wouldn't they be?

this list looks fine to me. like you guys said, no real shockers. i do think UNH has a chance to absolutely DOMINATE the north, though. i have no idea what UMass will look like but I'd like to see a return to prominence.

I'm saying that on the surface it doesn't look like much effort was put into making the picks. This looks like what I would come up with if I was given 15 minutes to write predictions for a Division II conference I'd never heard of before.

Not that they're terrible picks. Past performance is one of the more reliable indicators of future performance. But if they'd picked URI last instead of NU, then at least I could tell myself that they know that URI is bringing in its 3rd different coach in 3 years. I personally am picking NU last again in spite of that, but I don't know if they made the same analysis as me or are just being lazy.

andy7171
June 16th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I think it's possible that the 5th place CAA South team is as good/better as the 1st place CAA North team.

It depends if you are talking to a Blue Hen fan. :D

I think Maine got in over W&M because 4 from one conference division making the post season is strange.

GannonFan
June 16th, 2009, 01:58 PM

I don't know - I think many Blue Hen fans would feel that a 1st place UNH team could very well be better than a 5th place JMU team. We'll have to see how that plays out, though. xlolx

UNHWILDCATS05
June 16th, 2009, 02:02 PM

UNH vs. Del. in '04 was an OOC game

WMTribe90
June 16th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I think Maine got in over W&M because 4 from one conference division making the post season is strange.

Bingo.

I could see that easily happening again this year too.

GannonFan
June 16th, 2009, 02:29 PM

Bingo.

I could see that easily happening again this year too.

Nonsense - the committee was clear, Maine had more DI wins than W&M and a better record and that's why they got in. Pretty straightforward actually. xsmiley_wix

89Hen
June 16th, 2009, 02:34 PM

Yes Delaware did it with Rhode Island and/or UMass a couple years ago.

UNH vs. Del. in '04 was an OOC game
UNH and Hofstra I believe were the two games UD scheduled OOC. xeyebrowx

When BU left the Yankee/A10 there were conference games that were a conference game for one of the teams and an OOC game for the other. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

89Hen
June 16th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Not sure about that, but I'd say 5th in the South may be a solid #3 in the North.

BDKJMU
June 16th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Not sure about that, but I'd say 5th in the South may be a solid #3 in the North.

Why not? Last season the CAA South argueably had the top 4 teams. JMU, UR, Nova, and W&M went a combined 12-0 against the North. That included W&M bating UNH @ UNH.

I won't go as far as WrenGun and say the 5th place South will be equal or better than the 1st place North, but I could see that with the 4th place team again like last year.

89Hen
June 16th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Why not? Last season the CAA South argueably had the top 4 teams. JMU, UR, Nova, and W&M went a combined 12-0 against the North. That included W&M bating UNH @ UNH.

I won't go as far as WrenGun and say the 5th place South will be equal or better than the 1st place North, but I could see that with the 4th place team again like last year.
Because I think the 5th team is a stretch. Like you said, I can see 4th. xthumbsupx

Tribe4SF
June 16th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Nonsense - the committee was clear, Maine had more DI wins than W&M and a better record and that's why they got in. Pretty straightforward actually. xsmiley_wix

If that were the primary, and only criteria, then Liberty would have been in over Maine and W&M. xrolleyesx

edit: Whoops! Missed your smilie.

Seawolf97
June 16th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Go be a d!ck someplace else.

YIKES!xlolx

YoUDeeMan
June 16th, 2009, 08:33 PM

I think what he meant to say was that the 5th place CAA South team would be better than the MEAC, Patriot, or OVC champ.

:D

JmuSkinsfan
June 16th, 2009, 09:11 PM
I think UNH will win the CAA with an 8-0 record. They will probably win at 7-1 too. They could even win at 6-2. I think the CAA South will obviously beat up on each other. Although I think one of the teams will emerge in the South at 6-2...if not a three way tie between JMU, UR, and Nova. But that seems about right to me.

My South Prediction would be:

UR: 6-2
Nova: 6-2
JMU: 6-2
UD: 5-3
WM: 5-3
Towson: 1-7

I don't know if that's possible, but I'm sure it is. The CAA South, sans Towson, should handle the North once again...and I predict that URI, Northeastern and Hofstra all finish around 1-7, 2-6 to help balance the overall conference records

Punchykky
June 16th, 2009, 11:20 PM
I like UMASS in the north and Richmond in the south.

bleedblue
June 17th, 2009, 05:04 AM
JMU fans. You guys think you finish 3rd with OL injuries and unproven QB? I was thinking JMU and W&M could very close, although W&M has an unproven QB as well. Seems to me JMU and W&M could be a toss up for 3rd place.

Dignan
June 17th, 2009, 08:26 AM
JMU fans. You guys think you finish 3rd with OL injuries and unproven QB? I was thinking JMU and W&M could very close, although W&M has an unproven QB as well. Seems to me JMU and W&M could be a toss up for 3rd place.

I wouldn't count us out for 1st, you never know what happens. I think it's very reasonable to pick Richmond and Villanova ahead of us though, and W&M is worthy of consideration. Should be interesting to see what Delaware does this year with their own unproven QB, I never count them out.

Husky Alum
June 17th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Nowhere to go but up for the Huskies.

We don't know who's going to throw, catch, or run the ball this season.

And that's only the start of our issues.

NHwildEcat
June 17th, 2009, 08:49 AM
I think either UNH, Maine or UMass will have a slip-up this year due to injury or will absorb one too many upsets, and HU will wind up in third in the North. The CAA is just too unpredictable ;)

Just based on luck...Maine will probably have the slip up!

NHwildEcat
June 17th, 2009, 08:57 AM
I cannot wait for this season to start...boy do I love football!

Tribe4SF
June 17th, 2009, 09:00 AM
I cannot wait for this season to start...boy do I love football!

By the way...welcome to AGS!!!

mcveyrl
June 17th, 2009, 09:05 AM

I wouldn't count us out for 1st, you never know what happens. I think it's very reasonable to pick Richmond and Villanova ahead of us though, and W&M is worthy of consideration. Should be interesting to see what Delaware does this year with their own unproven QB, I never count them out.

I think anywhere from 1st to 5th wouldn't be surprising. Let's not forget that UD will probably be pretty good, too. Sorry Towson (which is to say, Andy). If the OL fill-ins and new QB (whoever it is) really step up, we could be really good. If they look like UD last year, then we could look like UD last year. It really is, like you said, a toss up.

andy7171
June 17th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I think anywhere from 1st to 5th wouldn't be surprising. Let's not forget that UD will probably be pretty good, too. Sorry Towson (which is to say, Andy). If the OL fill-ins and new QB (whoever it is) really step up, we could be really good. If they look like UD last year, then we could look like UD last year. It really is, like you said, a toss up.

Man! I can't WAIT for the CAA Forecast - Towson thread to come along! xoopsx

GannonFan
June 17th, 2009, 10:28 AM

That Morgan St game is going to be like your Super Bowl!!!!! :pxlolx

andy7171
June 17th, 2009, 10:34 AM
That Morgan St game is going to be like your Super Bowl!!!!! :pxlolx

I hate that game. They are due to upset us. It happens every 12 years or so. They always seem to find a way to lose though.

Uncle Buck
June 17th, 2009, 12:09 PM

Tell me about it. Hofstra will be lucky to get 2 wins!

Rob Iola
June 17th, 2009, 12:13 PM
I hate that game. They are due to upset us. It happens every 12 years or so. They always seem to find a way to lose though.
So basically the same as daHenz' annual crapshoot w/Towson - only remove the "1" from "12"...

JMU Duke Dog
June 17th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Here are my predictions for the 2009 regular season...

North Division (CAA Record, Overall Record)
1. New Hampshire (7-1, 9-2)
2. Maine (4-4, 6-5)
3. Massachusetts (4-4, 6-5)
4. Hofstra (2-6, 4-7)
5. Rhode Island (1-7, 2-9)
6. Northeastern (0-8, 0-11)

South Division (CAA Record, Overall Record)
1. Richmond (8-0, 10-1)
2. Villanova (7-1, 9-2)
3. William & Mary (5-3, 7-4)
4. Delaware (5-3, 7-4)
5. James Madison (4-4, 6-5)
6. Towson (2-6, 3-8)

BigHouseClosedEnd
June 17th, 2009, 01:43 PM

2. Maine (4-4, 6-5)
4. Hofstra (2-6, 4-7)

1. Richmond (8-0, 10-1)
2. Villanova (7-1, 9-2)
4. Delaware (5-3, 7-4)
6. Towson (2-6, 3-8)

I hope you're right, but think it will be too hard for anyone to run the table in the CAA again. It took a Hail Mary and a last minute PR touchdown last year for JMU to do it ... and the conference should be just as tough this year.

Jackman
June 17th, 2009, 03:27 PM

2. Maine (4-4, 6-5)
4. Hofstra (2-6, 4-7)

1. Richmond (8-0, 10-1)
2. Villanova (7-1, 9-2)
4. Delaware (5-3, 7-4)
6. Towson (2-6, 3-8)

That would probably mean the end of our 5 playoff team streak. Might sneak one borderline team in again, but not two. Either Maine or UMass needs to step up and find a couple more wins, there's going to be too much attrition in the South.

JmuSkinsfan
June 17th, 2009, 03:29 PM
I hope you're right, but think it will be too hard for anyone to run the table in the CAA again. It took a Hail Mary and a last SECOND PR touchdown last year for JMU to do it ... and the conference should be just as tough this year.

Fixed! xsmiley_wix

JmuSkinsfan
June 17th, 2009, 03:32 PM
1. New Hampshire (6-2, 8-3)
2. Maine (4-4, 6-5)
4. Hofstra (2-6, 4-7)

1. Richmond (7-1, 9-2)
2. Villanova (6-2, 8-3)
3. James Madison (6-2,8-3)
4. William & Mary (6-2, 8-3)
5. Delaware (5-3, 7-4)
6. Towson (1-7, 2-9)

Jackman
June 17th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Just noticed that those last two predictions project 49 total conference wins in only 48 total conference games. They teach funny math at JMU? ;)

BigHouseClosedEnd
June 17th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Fixed! xsmiley_wix

Thanks for the further reminder. You know what they say about paybacks, right? :D

bkrownd
June 17th, 2009, 06:59 PM
That would probably mean the end of our 5 playoff team streak. Might sneak one borderline team in again, but not two. Either Maine or UMass needs to step up and find a couple more wins, there's going to be too much attrition in the South.

How much bubble boost will we get out of the road victory at KSU? xpeacex

Hoyadestroya85
June 17th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Quite surprised to see osunde as their defensive pick over tracy.. I'll take it though