PDA

View Full Version : Updated KBS photos!!!! 6-13-09

appstate38
June 13th, 2009, 04:21 PM
In Boone for football camp.... Thought I would add some updated photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/appstate38/

For the record the new entrance will be pretty nice when its all said and done.xthumbsupx

KiddBrewer
June 13th, 2009, 06:18 PM
those pictures look so much like the computer-made proposal sketches its incredible!

good job, and thanks.

thmst30
June 13th, 2009, 06:24 PM
In Boone for football camp.... Thought I would add some updated photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/appstate38/

For the record the new entrance will be pretty nice when its all said and done.xthumbsupx
Can you say what the hell it is? I can't get a straight answer from anybody and most people are just speculating. Unless it's supposed to be some big secret, which I highly doubt. I just don't want to see the team slowly walk down the hill and then huddle and run out like a high school team. The best part about their previous entrance was you could see them in the tunnel, but they were mostly hidden until they ran onto the field with the fireworks. Will we still have fireworks? Will they be out in the open? I know I will find out at the first home game, but I'm just curious what their plan is.

Also, THANKS FOR THE UPDATED PICTURES!

dgreco
June 13th, 2009, 06:32 PM
very nice.

JW, is the elevation at the stadium higher than the general area? I didn't know that 3,700 ft or whatever the scoreboard said would be such a relevant "fact".

AppStateold299
June 13th, 2009, 06:53 PM
The elevation isn't 3,700 ft it is actually 3,333 ft in Boone, NC. That is actually what is on the scoreboard and it is actually accurate.

dgreco
June 13th, 2009, 07:11 PM
I guess you are not getting what I said....

I couldn't exactly read what it said, but why is that elevation relevant? Is that "high" for the area?

AppStateold299
June 13th, 2009, 08:23 PM
For the south that is pretty high. I don't know about other stadiums, but I think it is pretty high for most stadiums. It is nestled in the mountains. I mean it is a ski area and a beautiful setting. I don't necessarily know that it is important, but for some reason the people in the area are very proud of the fact that it is that high. I apologize for not getting you said. I was merely taking what you said at face value and didn't read into your statement before.

appstate38
June 13th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Can you say what the hell it is? I can't get a straight answer from anybody and most people are just speculating. Unless it's supposed to be some big secret, which I highly doubt. I just don't want to see the team slowly walk down the hill and then huddle and run out like a high school team. The best part about their previous entrance was you could see them in the tunnel, but they were mostly hidden until they ran onto the field with the fireworks. Will we still have fireworks? Will they be out in the open? I know I will find out at the first home game, but I'm just curious what their plan is.

Also, THANKS FOR THE UPDATED PICTURES!

I don't think it will be as bad as you think. They are going to put brick on both sides apparently so they will be hidden from the home stands for the most part and the visitor's side will get the first look as they take the field. I think it will be ok. Hopefully

GreatAppSt
June 13th, 2009, 09:28 PM
I don't think it will be as bad as you think. They are going to put brick on both sides apparently so they will be hidden from the home stands for the most part and the visitor's side will get the first look as they take the field. I think it will be ok. Hopefully

Visitors side? where's that?

KiddBrewer
June 13th, 2009, 09:47 PM
The elevation isn't 3,700 ft it is actually 3,333 ft in Boone, NC. That is actually what is on the scoreboard and it is actually accurate.

actually, for what its worth, the stadium is right at 3,280ft, but 3,333 is where they say they measured the track at (but i believe they just put that because it sounded better......)

and no its really not that significant (actually a lot lower than most of the spots in the area), it just looks cool and if im not mistaken, its the highest football field in the southeast, or below penn.

KiddBrewer
June 13th, 2009, 09:51 PM

yea......we have a visitors side now? who knewxrolleyesx:D

i believe you're referring to the "STATE!" side, right hahaha

TheOne14
June 13th, 2009, 09:59 PM
3333 is roughly 1 Kilometer High.. I think that is why they have claimed that altitude

T-Dog
June 14th, 2009, 06:39 AM
actually, for what its worth, the stadium is right at 3,280ft, but 3,333 is where they say they measured the track at (but i believe they just put that because it sounded better......)

and no its really not that significant (actually a lot lower than most of the spots in the area), it just looks cool and if im not mistaken, its the highest football field in the southeast, or below penn.

So theoretically, the sign above the scoreboard is right near 3,333 if the field is at 3,280. I remember looking at topographic maps a few years ago and River St. is around 3,260 give or take a few feet so that sounds about right. xnodx

I wouldn't say it's the highest football field period in the southeast. Highest college football field yes.

AppMan
June 14th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the pictures, but Visitor's Stands? As a ASU grad, season ticket holder for 30 years, and resident of the new upper deck I have a hard time thinking of myself as a visitor. There may be a visitor's section in the East Stands, but there is NO Visitor's Stands or Side.

Boone is shown on topography maps (I believe they measure at the downtown Post Office) with an altitude of 3,333 feet. As a play on Denver's claim as the "mile High City" and considering a kilimeter being 3,280 feet, late in the 1970's the town adopted the slogan "The Kilometer High City."

The Moody1
June 14th, 2009, 10:20 AM
very nice.

JW, is the elevation at the stadium higher than the general area? I didn't know that 3,700 ft or whatever the scoreboard said would be such a relevant "fact".

I think we have the highest stadium elevation east of the Mississippi. Wyoming is #1 at over 7,000'

KiddBrewer
June 14th, 2009, 02:19 PM
I think we have the highest stadium elevation east of the Mississippi. Wyoming is #1 at over 7,000'

maybe that was what i saw...

DLS
June 14th, 2009, 02:54 PM
So theoretically, the sign above the scoreboard is right near 3,333 if the field is at 3,280. I remember looking at topographic maps a few years ago and River St. is around 3,260 give or take a few feet so that sounds about right. xnodx

I wouldn't say it's the highest football field period in the southeast. Highest college football field yes.

well watauga high is surely above the rock so im guessing college too

thmst30
June 14th, 2009, 03:46 PM
True, but it will be gone after next year.

appstate38
June 14th, 2009, 05:59 PM
You Hefers knew what I meant...... You know what??? Next time I won't share my pics with the rest of the AGS nation!xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx:D

AtlantaMountaineer
June 14th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Please don't judge the whole App Nation by a few posters. I for one very much appreciate the pics since I live in Atlanta and do not get to Boone as often as I would like.

93henfan
June 14th, 2009, 07:32 PM

That is correct, according to your good buddies at Michigan: http://michiganzone.blogspot.com/2007/08/know-your-foe-appalachian-state.html

KiddBrewer
June 14th, 2009, 11:24 PM

WHS (or the old WHS) is lower....3200 feet (979 meters)

AppStateold299
June 15th, 2009, 05:11 AM
I completely agree with AtlantaMountaineer. I live in Atlanta and don't get to see the progress that they are making very often and appreciate the pictures that anyone posts about the stadium. Thank you for updating us on the progress. You took some great pictures.

GaSouthern
June 15th, 2009, 07:27 AM
GSU needs to re-join the stadium arms-race in the SoCon! App's stadium is looking worlds better than it was just a few years ago, way to go guys!

DLS
June 15th, 2009, 09:38 AM
someone should get a pic of stadium as you come up the drive from river st. actually looks really intimidating from that angle.

biggie
June 15th, 2009, 09:44 AM
someone should get a pic of stadium as you come up the drive from river st. actually looks really intimidating from that angle.
True.

I'll be up there on July 3rd with my camera to grab a few pics, if not already taken care of by then.