PDA

View Full Version : Where is Joe Glenn?

ndsubison
June 11th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Joe Glenn: led the University of Northern Colorado to 2 NC's

Went on to the University of Montana, leading the Griz to 1 NC.

Moved onto the University of Wyoming, posting a sub-par record (besides the UCLA bowl victory) and was subsequently terminated. He is a great coach and I believe he didn't make it in Wyoming because of a lack of commitment ($$$$$) from the boosters and the university. Where is he now?? A coach like Joe doesn't just drop off the map----somebody's gotta want him on their staff.

danefan
June 11th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Retired
http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20090601/SPORTS/906010324

CopperCat
June 11th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Joe didn't make because his teams played in a conference that was better than people gave it credit for, not because of the lack of $$$. Wyoming has never really been a very good football team.

bkrownd
June 11th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Wyoming has had their moments over the decades, but most of them are long past. The way everything is driven by money money money, television and the stupid NFL these days they have a harder time keeping up now than in the past.

CollegeSportsInfo
June 11th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Wyoming has never really been a very good football team.

Don't let Joe Tiller or Alex Van Dyke hear that.

NoCoDanny
June 11th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Go to Laramie and then go to Vegas, San Diego, Ft. Collins, hell, even Salt Lake and you'll see why he didn't win.

CopperCat
June 11th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Don't let Joe Tiller or Alex Van Dyke hear that.

Year Record Conf. Place
1991 Wyoming 4-6-1 2-5-1 T-6th
1992 Wyoming 5-7 3-5 T-7th
1993 Wyoming 8-4 6-2 T-1st L 17-52 Copper Bowl
1994 Wyoming 6-6 4-4 T-5th
1995 Wyoming 6-5 4-4 6th
1996 Wyoming 10-2 7-1 1st

I'm not impressed. Tell me where I am missing something. The last time Wyoming had won a bowl game prior to beating UCLA in 2004 was against Florida State in 1966.xrulesx

Van Dyke played for NEVADA, no Wyoming. Don't know what you are smoking.

ncbears
June 12th, 2009, 12:34 AM
I would like to see Joe back at UNC in some capacity. Maybe as AD. He's still very popular in Greeley.

uofmman1122
June 12th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Met the guy at Hilands Golf Club in Billings, and he joked with my dad and I for a while.

Great guy. Hopefully he's enjoying his retirement.

ncbears
June 12th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Joe had great assistants with him who have either stayed at UW or moved on else where. Those assistants were with him for a long time and were key to his success. I'm not sure if he would be so successful with out them.

Bull Fan
June 15th, 2009, 02:42 PM
I'm not going to cite records, but on the other hand don't box UW into a six-year stretch of time. Back in the day they seemed to be competitive (80's), and with other years of decent ball. Not dominant, certainly not championship-caliber, but certainly not terrible.

Looking at Glenn's record, you could say that UW wants to get better, and who could blame them. Paul Roach and Dana Dimel had decent success, respectively, and I think that's the expectation the school would like to get back to. Gotta be a tough place to recruit to, but hey, that's their reality.

SideLine Shooter
June 15th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Go to Laramie and then go to Vegas, San Diego, Ft. Collins, hell, even Salt Lake and you'll see why he didn't win.

Man, that is exactly what I was thinking. Laramie is a different world not counting the altitude you have to play at.

I shot a game there in '04. The day started out beautiful and they were calling for a chance of rain. I was talking to a local photographer (boots, 10 gallon hat, all he needed was the barrel) and he said "IT NEVER RAINS IN LARAMIE". Before the first half was over we had a terrible thunder storm, lightning, and an awful hail storm. The game had to be delayed about an hour. After the game I took photos of downtown Laramie with the streets flooded, but "IT NEVER RAINS IN LARAMIE".

It reminded be of a gigantic truck stop. Must be hard to recruit there.