PDA

View Full Version : Hofstra Schedule w/Start Times

Uncle Buck
June 9th, 2009, 02:52 PM
If anyone doesn't have a start time for their team against Hofstra, it's just a little more info.

http://www.gohofstra.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=22200&KEY=&SPID=13582&SPSID=109573

Seawolf97
June 9th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Thanks! I think our first four games are under the lights ,plus Homecoming 10/24 a 6PM start against Coastal Carolina.

Uncle Buck
June 10th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I gotta dump the SBU schedule into my calendar, i like to hit it up when HU is away or off.

jimbo65
June 10th, 2009, 01:30 PM
This is a tough schedule. Western Mich. was 9-4 last yr. including a bowl loss to Rice. Bryant & URI (new coach) look like wins, the rest could be interesting.

Good luck.

Now that regular schollies are coming back to Fordham, hope the series resumes. With one exception in the Division 3 playoffs when Fordham demolished Hofstra, we had little or no success. For example, one game I attended at Rose Hill when we were both 1AA ended 30-2 for Hofstra. Inexplicably as I recall, Fordham had this as homecoming game.

Presumably with the playing field equal, these games would be quite competitive, well attended with both teams "local"and actually covered by the NY Metro Area papers.

Uncle Buck
June 10th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Any CAA slate is tough and Western Michigan will more than likely beat us up. I think this year's team will be much improved since losing our QB before kickoff of game 1 and replacing him with a guy who should not have been under center really hurt us. The young frosh that came in did a fine job and showed real skills.

As for a level playing field, when we used to beat Fordham, that was before schollies ;-)

I would however love to get them back on the schedule. I was on the team the last time they played and i always like the program and its history.

Seawolf97
June 10th, 2009, 08:48 PM
This is a tough schedule. Western Mich. was 9-4 last yr. including a bowl loss to Rice. Bryant & URI (new coach) look like wins, the rest could be interesting.

Good luck.

Now that regular schollies are coming back to Fordham, hope the series resumes. With one exception in the Division 3 playoffs when Fordham demolished Hofstra, we had little or no success. For example, one game I attended at Rose Hill when we were both 1AA ended 30-2 for Hofstra. Inexplicably as I recall, Fordham had this as homecoming game.

Presumably with the playing field equal, these games would be quite competitive, well attended with both teams "local"and actually covered by the NY Metro Area papers.

Now that the Rams are going schollie - you should book home and aways with StonyBrook and Hofstra. You cant beat the commutexthumbsupx

Seawolf97
June 10th, 2009, 08:51 PM
I gotta dump the SBU schedule into my calendar, i like to hit it up when HU is away or off.

Our first home game is 9/19 against Brown. 6pm kick off should be a good one.

Uncle Buck
June 11th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Unfortunately, with the way the schedules lay out, i might only be able to make the Brown game and the second half of Coastal.

appfan2008
June 11th, 2009, 02:34 PM
nice schedule... i like the difficulty

Uncle Buck
June 11th, 2009, 02:59 PM
nice schedule... i like the difficulty

Thanks. Like the SoCon, all conference games are tough and the Western Michigan game will be an extremely tall order. With Bryant and Stony Brook who are hungry for respect in the FCS, you know they will be gunning to knock off a CAA team.

I think we can be competitive this year with a lot people coming back, but defense will be undersized and have to rely on quickness and scheming. I don't think we could be playoff caliber yet, but i'm hoping to maybe get to 7 wins by stealing a couple of upsets here and there.