PDA

View Full Version : The AGS 2005 Challenge #2....

buckp
May 1st, 2005, 08:10 AM
HURRY! HURRY! HURRY!

http://www.memoryelixir.com/photogallery/images/cirquecane.jpg
Step right up ladies and gentlemen! …… Who will win the second AGS Challenge #2? Who has the ability to remember back to the quotes and descriptions that were posted on the AGS Boards?... Who can outwit the witty?... Who can mesmerize the meek? Who can crush the competition?...Do we have a champion among us?.... Do you feel your time has come? Or do you just feel lucky? .....I ask you fellow AGS members... who among you is a winner?!? :confused:

Well then, step right up and try your luck by answering just a few simple questions about other fellow posters and you……. yes, I said you……could be the proud owner of a shiny, new, virgin (easy, easy)copy of the one and only…… I-AA.org 2005 Fall Preview Magazine delivered to your doorstep via FedEx P-1 with no.… I repeat….. NO CHARGES whatsoever!!!! :eek:

With that said, I must question …..what man in his right mind could say “I’m not interested?”.........What man could turn his back on all the hard work by Ralph and others that have slaved many long, cold nights by candlelight to put together such a fine masterpiece of workmanship that embodies the true meaning of all I-AA football???? What man could walk away from the most complete collection of all 2005 I-AA football statistics ever assembled under one roof and bound together just for his simple pleasure? Nay, there is no man among us that can resist it. There are only those that thirst for the knowledge... the pleasure...and, and...The PREVIEW! :bow:

Then, I must plea….. who wants to be first? Who among you is ready for the test? No need to push, everyone gets a chance….. I’m standing right before you, arm and hand extended, with your free copy of the Fall Preview magazine….. yours for the asking….. yours for the taking……just do it……. just do it……..it’s yours! :nod:

rokamortis
May 1st, 2005, 08:15 AM
I'll try my hand at the challenge - bring it on!!!

buckp
May 1st, 2005, 08:20 AM
THE QUESTIONS....

1) Who said, “One trip to Chatty does not make a dynasty”?

2) Who owns “Crapsville Bar”?

3) A very ‘quick person’ when it comes to football, but a real ‘charging bull’ when it comes to his dream machine...

4) Exactly how old is paladin1aa?

5) Whose signature used to include this line? “Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language."

6) Tee time is 8:30 AM and “two-man scramble” is the name of the game. Who would you select as your partner if you want the best chance at winning?

7) Who said,” He might have a brain the size of a pea, but he puts it to good use.”

8) Jaws was his old name, what is his new?

9) Which AGS member can legally marry you and your fiancé?

10) Who said,” Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then….”

11) Who uses a form of salute in his signature?

12) Who has a personalized license plate with their AGS handle (name) on it?

13) Who said,”Great…I won’t have to feel like an idiot posting a bunch of times when I have nothing to say.”

14) Who first used the word “moosh” at AGS?

15) Who said, “Whenever I think of ____ the first thing that comes to my mind is Neil Lomax leading Portland St. to a 105-0 victory.” ….And what school was he talking about? (2 answers)

16) Buckp’s heritage is a mix of English, Irish, and Native American (that’s right - no Coonass here!). His great-great grandmother was a member of what tribe?

17) Who said, “Sorry, but my goal this morning was to use the word pipsqueak three times in writing, so I had to take advantage of the opportunity……Pipsqueak.”

18) Two lonely bears that are only related by species, which are living the fartherest away from their respective teams on opposite sides of the country (lower 48). (2 AGS names)

19) Who said “I think I got crowned the King of Sandbagging on that board.”

20) Can be identified by one word…”BRAAAAAAAAAAWWWWK!”

21) Who said,” Thank you for this nomination, I promise each and every one of you I will work my ass off to screw you over and steal all your money to the best of my ability.”

22) ‘Down with the Foe’ was who on the old board?

23) Who said, “I voted from a different country last year…that has to count for something.”

24) Who said they have lost 30 lbs. of weight since last summer?

25) Who said, “Smoke 'em if you got 'em boys, the world's going to hell.”

buckp
May 1st, 2005, 08:26 AM
Remember....RULES FOR THE AGS 2005 CHALLENGE #2.....

I will open a thread on this board (AGS Lounge) on May 1, 2005 @ 8:00 AM CST (this Sunday). It will be called The AGS 2005 Challenge #2. I will restate all the rules and then list a set of questions that contestants will answer. Any AGS registered poster can enter the thread and discuss anything they want, but to be a contestant, he (she) must::

1) Answer the questions via Private Messages (PM) to me (buckp) during the following time frame - 8:00 AM CST May 1, 2005 to 11:59 PM CSTMay 2, 2005. Since May 1 is on a Sunday, we needed to extend the time frame to 2 days. No entry will be considered after 11:59 PM Monday night..... :nono:

2) Do not post your real answers on the AGS Lounge thread! Someone could copy them, change one answer and win the whole enchilada. When answering the questions on the PM site use the corresponding question number only. Do not restate the question… :nonono2:

Example:

Question: (listed on AGS thread)

#1) What AGS member has recently declared he’s a Christian?

Answer (on PM):

“1. D1B”

3) Only one official entry from each poster (PM entry), but you can visit the thread and comment on the questions, how you think you did, chances of others winning, post fake answers, etc. ;) :D

4) The winner will be the contestant with the most correct number of answers. If there is a tie, we will have a run off via a new thread in the AGS Lounge. Do not feel that you do not have a chance if you do not know all the answers….GUESS! I don’t expect anyone will get all the answers correct. :eek:

5) Some of you will notice that the question is about yourself – all questions are about AGS members that were registered on or after Nov 22, 2004 (beginning of playoff week 2004) and questions are taken from both the old AGS board (which will not be available to look up the answers) and the new AGS board.

6) All decisions by the judge(s) are final.:p

7) The winner will be posted on the AGS Lounge Board on the following Wednesday (May 4, 2005). This will allow time to review and grade the entries. The winner will receive free of any charges – a copy of the I-AA.org 2005 Fall Preview Magazine delivered to his doorstep via FedEx P-1*. This will be shipped as soon as the distribution center (Retro-Sports) receives their shipment (July?). However, the winning contestant must supply me with a physical address so that I can FedEx their Fall Preview to them - a “P.O. Box” will not be allowed! Any failure to provide a suitable address will void the winner of his prize and another winner will be selected.

The key to this competition is following the rules and getting the most number of correct answers. Remember, you may not know all the answers, but you may know more or guess better than the next guy. xidiotx

We are doing all of this just to have a good time, so please keep comments about others clean (or as clean as Polson and Grizo can get). Remember – moderator’s rules apply! :asswhip:

* Any winner from the Lake Charles or surrounding area will have their magazine mailed to them via US Postal Service or they can pick it up at Retro-Sorts in L.C (at no charge). __________________

buckp
May 1st, 2005, 10:13 AM
Man, we've a player already!!!! You can tell who the early birds are.....;)

Hansel
May 1st, 2005, 11:30 AM
checking in, just took a quick look at the questions, I know some- but I will have to do some research on the others

TexasTerror
May 1st, 2005, 12:02 PM
Ouch, I'm throwing up the white flag on this one. I'm not ASG veteran. Got no freakin' chance!

igo4uni
May 1st, 2005, 12:10 PM
Wow!

tough questions Buck.

I know a few, but not too many. Also, let's face it, I'm just too lazy to research the answers.

peace

igo4uni

buckp
May 1st, 2005, 12:17 PM
Remember, it's not who gets all the answers correct....

....it's who gets the most correct answers! :nod:

You have until midnight Monday to turn your ballot in and guessing could put you in better position than the next competitor...;)

Tribe4SF
May 1st, 2005, 12:36 PM
I like researching football, but researching posters? I'll pass, but I'll read the answers with interest.

Hansel
May 1st, 2005, 02:11 PM
just submitted my answers :)

buckp
May 1st, 2005, 02:36 PM
just submitted my answers :)

Got it, Hansel.......thanks for entering! :nod:

blackfordpu
May 1st, 2005, 09:05 PM
damn buck, I'm going to try but those are tough. :)

umassfan
May 2nd, 2005, 04:43 AM
All I know is I didnt say any of that :(

colgate13
May 2nd, 2005, 07:20 AM
my goodness, that was tough! Whoever wins that is tops!

buckp
May 2nd, 2005, 08:33 AM

This is the 'easy' list..... :nod:
I only counted 5 questions that someone should have to guess at - new members will have a tougher time (I apologize).
If we go into a runoff, it will be even harder!

"Suck it up people.....I looking for winners not whiners!" :eek:
http://www.tribeathletics.com/files/fb/2003/03Camppics/images/Coaching%20%27em%20Up.jpg

colgate13
May 2nd, 2005, 08:48 AM

If you even suggest we should do "up/downs" or "suicides" I'm going to fly down to LA and give you a little bit of '13's pent up aggression!

:bang: :spank: :mad: :) :) :nod: :p

buckp
May 2nd, 2005, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by buckp

If you even suggest we should do "up/downs" or "suicides" I'm going to fly down to LA and give you a little bit of '13's pent up aggression!

:bang: :spank: :mad: :) :) :nod: :p
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I have to stop laughing and tell ya'll about an entry I received. It's from 'charliej' (a Nova fan) who is a new member to AGS with only two posts to his name, but he stepped up the line and sent me an entry. He didn't know all the answers, but made a good stab at it.....No excuses, no complaining, just did it! That's what separates a winner from a whiner in my book.....:nod:

We salute you - 'charliej' :bow: :beerchug: :bow:

buckp
May 2nd, 2005, 07:04 PM
Starting to grade entries........some of the answers are just hilarious!!!! xlolx

http://www.waterindustry.org/images/laughing-man%20.jpg

5 more hours to get your entry in - I may announce the answers and
the winner tomorrow if I get a chance....:eek:

Fordham
May 2nd, 2005, 07:14 PM
is that your Mel Torme impersonation?

buckp
May 3rd, 2005, 10:34 AM
The answers to the questions are up in the AGS Lounge on the
"THE RESULTS FOR THE AGS CHALLENGE #2" thread....:hurray:

Winner will be announced soon......:cool:

http://www.smokeyes.com/winners/winner2001.jpg

Pard94
May 3rd, 2005, 11:20 AM
THE QUESTIONS....

1) Who said, “One trip to Chatty does not make a dynasty”?

2) Who owns “Crapsville Bar”?

3) A very ‘quick person’ when it comes to football, but a real ‘charging bull’ when it comes to his dream machine...

4) Exactly how old is paladin1aa?

5) Whose signature used to include this line? “Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language."

6) Tee time is 8:30 AM and “two-man scramble” is the name of the game. Who would you select as your partner if you want the best chance at winning?

7) Who said,” He might have a brain the size of a pea, but he puts it to good use.”

8) Jaws was his old name, what is his new?

9) Which AGS member can legally marry you and your fiancé?

10) Who said,” Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then….”

11) Who uses a form of salute in his signature?

12) Who has a personalized license plate with their AGS handle (name) on it?

13) Who said,”Great…I won’t have to feel like an idiot posting a bunch of times when I have nothing to say.”

14) Who first used the word “moosh” at AGS?

15) Who said, “Whenever I think of ____ the first thing that comes to my mind is Neil Lomax leading Portland St. to a 105-0 victory.” ….And what school was he talking about? (2 answers)

16) Buckp’s heritage is a mix of English, Irish, and Native American (that’s right - no Coonass here!). His great-great grandmother was a member of what tribe?

17) Who said, “Sorry, but my goal this morning was to use the word pipsqueak three times in writing, so I had to take advantage of the opportunity……Pipsqueak.”

18) Two lonely bears that are only related by species, which are living the fartherest away from their respective teams on opposite sides of the country (lower 48). (2 AGS names)

19) Who said “I think I got crowned the King of Sandbagging on that board.”

20) Can be identified by one word…”BRAAAAAAAAAAWWWWK!”

21) Who said,” Thank you for this nomination, I promise each and every one of you I will work my ass off to screw you over and steal all your money to the best of my ability.”

22) ‘Down with the Foe’ was who on the old board?

23) Who said, “I voted from a different country last year…that has to count for something.”

24) Who said they have lost 30 lbs. of weight since last summer?

25) Who said, “Smoke 'em if you got 'em boys, the world's going to hell.”

I don't know....what do I win? :)

buckp
May 3rd, 2005, 02:19 PM
I don't know....what do I win? :)
From the Rules on page 1 of this thread....

7) The winner will be posted on the AGS Lounge Board on the following Wednesday (May 4, 2005) - we did it today. This will allow time to review and grade the entries. The winner will receive free of any charges – a copy of the I-AA.org 2005 Fall Preview Magazine delivered to his doorstep via FedEx P-1*. This will be shipped as soon as the distribution center (Retro-Sports) receives their shipment (July?)...

but.....

1) Answer the questions via Private Messages (PM) to me (buckp) during the following time frame - 8:00 AM CST May 1, 2005 to 11:59 PM CSTMay 2, 2005. Since May 1 is on a Sunday, we needed to extend the time frame to 2 days. No entry will be considered after 11:59 PM Monday night..... :nono:

....we posted the winner about 30 minutes ago on "The Results of the AGS Challenge #2" thread at the AGS Lounge board. Sorry....:o