PDA

View Full Version : Hear me now and believe me next year FCSers!

Panther88
May 27th, 2009, 02:23 PM
THE Prairie View A&M University WILL DEFEAT the "fbs" little Aggies of NMSU. I call them little because the BIGGER Aggie we REALLY want is on Hwy 6N in College Station, Texas.

They're bottom tier new coach, etc. It's inexcusable for us NOT to defeat them.

Save this thread or quote me if you'd like. I'll be here the morn of Sep 13th to relish in victory. xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
May 27th, 2009, 03:01 PM
A bad UAPB team went to New Mexico State and nearly knocked them off a few years ago. I don't see why a decent Prairie View A&M squad can't go in there and give them a run for their money.

Another game to circle is Southern @ La-Lafayette. We know the Jags like to talk trash and probably think they can get this one. McNeese went in there two years ago and kicked the Cajuns around...what will the Jags do?

GeauxLions94
May 27th, 2009, 03:52 PM
THE Prairie View A&M University WILL DEFEAT the "fbs" little Aggies of NMSU. I call them little because the BIGGER Aggie we REALLY want is on Hwy 6N in College Station, Texas.

They're bottom tier new coach, etc. It's inexcusable for us NOT to defeat them.

Save this thread or quote me if you'd like. I'll be here the morn of Sep 13th to relish in victory. xthumbsupx

Sounds nice, but will have to go with the FBSers on this one. Key to Prairie View win is now in Abilene, Texas ... NMSU should have more balance this year as previous coach could care less about defense.

Panther88
May 27th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Sounds nice, but will have to go with the FBSers on this one. Key to Prairie View win is now in Abilene, Texas ... NMSU should have more balance this year as previous coach could care less about defense.

Tried to research that guy (Dewayne Walker) GL94... He's a former def coordinator @ UCLA and coached DBs during his stints in the NFL. So, I guess it's safe to assume he's very defensive oriented. And we all know what a great defense w/ a mediocre offense does for you. :(

It's his first year so I hope we can find them attempting to gel after their tilt w/ Idaho. Their O-coordinator is a 1st year coord & former QB position coach @ WashSt (7yrs) and they show no def coord through their official athls site. I'm thinking DWalker will pull double-duty @ HC and def coord. xreadx

If the moons (plural lol) line up correctly, barring any unforeseen incidents @ PV, coupled w/a strong will/desire by PV, AND a nice letdown lol by NMSU, we just might pull it out. I'm aware, as TT alluded to, that a bad UAPB went into their place and knocked them silly until finally succumbing in the final few moments of the game 20-17 (FG in the waning mins). If PV is really serious about the business of winning, I couldn't choose a better qualified FBS opponent to put the "won" on. :D

JohnStOnge
May 27th, 2009, 05:11 PM
A bad UAPB team went to New Mexico State and nearly knocked them off a few years ago. I don't see why a decent Prairie View A&M squad can't go in there and give them a run for their money.

Another game to circle is Southern @ La-Lafayette. We know the Jags like to talk trash and probably think they can get this one. McNeese went in there two years ago and kicked the Cajuns around...what will the Jags do?

TT, since you live in New Orleans, you might want to circle McNeese State at Tulane. Of course how good or bad McNeese will be next year is pretty much of a mystery right now. But it's still a FCS that has been good at times playing against a FBS with a pretty recognizable name that's been vulnerable most years. Northwestern State should have beaten the Greenies the last time they played and Southeastern had real shots on both occasions when they played them.

The Southern at ULL game is interesting though. Should be a good atmosphere with a big crowd if Southern fans respond as I think they will. I'd bet the crowd will be over 30,000.

YoUDeeMan
May 27th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Tried to research that guy (Dewayne Walker) GL94... He's a former def coordinator @ UCLA and coached DBs during his stints in the NFL. So, I guess it's safe to assume he's very defensive oriented. And we all know what a great defense w/ a mediocre offense does for you. :(

It's his first year so I hope we can find them attempting to gel after their tilt w/ Idaho. Their O-coordinator is a 1st year coord & former QB position coach @ WashSt (7yrs) and they show no def coord through their official athls site. I'm thinking DWalker will pull double-duty @ HC and def coord. xreadx

If the moons (plural lol) line up correctly, barring any unforeseen incidents @ PV, coupled w/a strong will/desire by PV, AND a nice letdown lol by NMSU, we just might pull it out. I'm aware, as TT alluded to, that a bad UAPB went into their place and knocked them silly until finally succumbing in the final few moments of the game 20-17 (FG in the waning mins). If PV is really serious about the business of winning, I couldn't choose a better qualified FBS opponent to put the "won" on. :D

Good lord, 88! After a bold statement, you just put in a loooooooooooooooooooong disclaimer. xeekx Do you do those fast talking disclaimers for car commercials? :p :D

Ivytalk
May 27th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Well, Panther, I'll be pullin' for ya! Good luck!xthumbsupx

crossfire07
May 27th, 2009, 09:11 PM
what will the Jags do?

back out?

GeauxLions94
May 27th, 2009, 09:53 PM

NMSU will be a better team (they won't be bowl eligible, but will be a better coached team than the one Hal Mumme and Co. left). I don't think they'll be too down after facing Idaho (I'd like your chances better in that one), but a win in Las Cruces in possible.

A bad Pine Bluff team bearly bet them, because their quarterback (Chase Holbrook) was injured and wasn't supposed to play. Their other QBs were absolutely terrible and Holbrook had to come in and drive them down the field late to win.

When Mumme was at NMSU (he was at SLU from 2003-04 before heading west), defense wasn't an option. They couldn't stop the run to save their life and as long as the offense piled up huge passing numbers and put points on the scoreboard (Mumme is a record hog).

Agree in that you CAN pull it out (Any Given Saturday). That's why you play the game. Hope you come back Sept. 13 after PV gets a win. Still hope you're back then even if NMSU pulls out the win.

chrisattsu
May 28th, 2009, 08:41 AM
NMSU will be a better team (they won't be bowl eligible, but will be a better coached team than the one Hal Mumme and Co. left). I don't think they'll be too down after facing Idaho (I'd like your chances better in that one), but a win in Las Cruces in possible.

A bad Pine Bluff team bearly bet them, because their quarterback (Chase Holbrook) was injured and wasn't supposed to play. Their other QBs were absolutely terrible and Holbrook had to come in and drive them down the field late to win.

When Mumme was at NMSU (he was at SLU from 2003-04 before heading west), defense wasn't an option. They couldn't stop the run to save their life and as long as the offense piled up huge passing numbers and put points on the scoreboard (Mumme is a record hog).

Agree in that you CAN pull it out (Any Given Saturday). That's why you play the game. Hope you come back Sept. 13 after PV gets a win. Still hope you're back then even if NMSU pulls out the win.

Hal loves the Air Raid. However, I remember reading somewhere that they want to maintain this style of Offense. I thought that was a requirement for any coach coming into Las Cruses.

AshevilleApp2
May 28th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Well, Panther, I'll be pullin' for ya! Good luck!xthumbsupx

I'll second that statement. xnodx

Panther88
May 28th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Good lord, 88! After a bold statement, you just put in a loooooooooooooooooooong disclaimer. xeekx Do you do those fast talking disclaimers for car commercials? :p :D

I'm practicing for the future presidency of the US of A. :D

Panther88
May 28th, 2009, 09:20 AM

Didn't NMSU have NCAA infractions lately? xconfusedx I thought there where issues w/in their football program a few recent yrs ago. xconfusedx

I still like our chances in the game.