PDA

View Full Version : Hampton/JMU Series

DB_Atlantic10
December 2nd, 2005, 09:45 AM
According to the Daily Press, Hampton and JMU finally will have a home and home series starting in 06.... it should make for a good game next year since Hampton returns 15 starters, 10 of which will be 4 year starters...

putter
December 2nd, 2005, 09:47 AM
Will be an excellent series!

FlyBoy8
December 2nd, 2005, 10:00 AM
Hats off to Hampton for being pro-active. The rest of the MEAC needs to step up with them.

bandl
December 2nd, 2005, 10:30 AM
AWESOME!
A potentially great game, as well as a great interstate (or is it intrastate...I always forget) rivalry.

Which team gets the home game in '06?

henfan
December 2nd, 2005, 10:43 AM
Kudos to Hampton & JMU for playing a common sense intrastate I-AA series. They’ve scheduled W&M for a game in the past also. Seems there is a bit of history with the MEAC playing these type of games. Morgan regularly plays nearby Towson. SCSU has played The Citadel recently in the Lowland Classic. A&T has played Elon and App State.

Delaware State has a prolific history of scheduling teams from other I-AA conferences but, through not fault of their own, just not their intrastate I-AA counterpart. :doh:

DB_Atlantic10
December 2nd, 2005, 02:43 PM
AWESOME!
A potentially great game, as well as a great interstate (or is it intrastate...I always forget) rivalry.

Which team gets the home game in '06?

Not sure, but I think they will play in H'burg first...............

JMU Duke Dog
December 2nd, 2005, 03:27 PM
I am not sure who will be hosting in 2006 but the following game will be in 2008 as JMU already has filled their 2007 schedule with UNC, Coastal Carolina, and VMI.