PDA

View Full Version : 100 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

GreatAppSt
May 25th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Only 100 days left!
Welcome one and all to the 11th Annual GreatAppSt Countdown!! It's that time again girls n' boys, YEESSSSSxprost2x!!!

Who cares about Memorial day shopping, Fouth of July, and Lazy days of Summer. I'm looking past all that again, towards College football season, fall weather, outdoor culinary delights, good spirits, ;-} and gatherings of friends young and old, and even many friends from opposing teams.
I know that if you're here reading this you're looking forward with as much enthusiasm and anticipation as I am.
WOW 11YEARS! When I started this tradition for the first time I had no idea what I was getting myself into. first I'd like to thank the Academ......Ooops wrong speech. I like to thank all the fans from many teams and different boards, who have joined in and expressed their enjoyment of the countdown over the last decade. Again, it has been and is still a great pleasure for me to do the countdown (sniff sniff I'm choking up) for Y'all .

Pardon my musing back for awhile. Just 11 years ago my computer was running on the then new Windows 98, and a 56k dialup modem was the shize. I had just traded my pager for a new fangled analog cell phone. 11 years was 3 homes ago (soon to be 4 homes as Lulu has found a new job after six months of unemployment in sunny South Carolina)xnodx. I was still living in my first house. I was still working at my first real job and Soldiering a weekend a month. Still had my first Dog from the college days.

I was 32 and fit, now 43and fatter and my wife Lulu was still in her 20's Keeping up with the I-AA football teams required some detective work, and tuning in to Headline News into the wee hours, upon returning from games to watch the score ticker. I fought a lot of fights with FBS I-A trolls on the ESPN board before they essentially kicked the then I-AA areas off their site. So many fast paced chages have happened it's bewildering if you dwell on it much. However, I must confess, I do take some comfort in a few things that remain the same and will always be so, since then. GSU still stinks and Cappy was already fat.

Last year after ten years I tought I may hang it up but over the off season the countdown bug has biten anew.xsmiley_wix

Now on to the same ol' yearly intro!!!!

The G.A.S. Countdown is NOT just the often used impersonal, automatic backwards clock ticker (when I started this there were no others of any kind that I could find and trust me I looked). This countdown IS a work of passion for the enjoyment of others and myself. The G.A.S. countdown IS the often IMITATED but never duplicated ORIGINAL (like a Coney Island hot dog) build up to a new season of thrills, chills, and spills. Fun for ALL and all are welcomed along for the (like all Italian pizzeria's claim), Worlds Best Countdown!

THE RULES

1.) This is the G.A.S. Countdown.

2.) Only full 24 hr Calendar days
left before 12:01am of gameday are counted. The day before gameday is counted at Zero, as are only hours are left then.

3.) I countdown to the beginning what MY own heart is passionate and concerned with, the start of APPALACHIAN STATE UNIVERSITIES FOOTBALL SEASON!!!

4.) Barring catastophic events the day will be posted this is my pledge. Please be patient it may be later in the evening before I have a chance to post and I'm an hour behind EST now that I'm in Texas.

5.) Follow up posts with player info from other I-AA teams are encouraged and warmly welcomed. I love reading about players bios and stats from the competion.

6.) (Actually more of a pet peeve/request) I understand that some teams start their season before ASU and some after, this is the case every year. I assume most AGS posters have or are working on some level of higher education. So if your team has one of the other start dates just subtract or add those days in your head for your own count. Please just post your player with the rest of us, your more than welcome to do so without starting a new thread with a different count. it clutters the board. Also, please post follow ups only to the current days thread, it's very confusing to look at the board and 86 days is ahead of 80 days which is ahead 79 days. If you miss posting of a player on a previous day just add it to the current days thread, we'll more than understand . Thanks Y'alls help for a smooth countdown will be much appreciated.

FCS IS BEST, ENJOY!!

ERIC aka G.A.S.

No player with # 100, so here is Apps HC Jerry Moore
http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics10/400/MB/MBAGYFYXXMJWRBL.20081219033414.jpg
A bona fide legend in the college football coaching ranks, Jerry Moore just completed his 20th season at the helm of Appalachian State University’s football program.

Honors

AFCA National Coach of the Year:
2005, 2006, 2007

Eddie Robinson Award:
AFCA Regional Coach of the Year:
1994, 1995, 2005, 2006, 2008

SoCon Coach of the Year:
1991, 1994, 1995, 2005, 2006, 2008

The winningest football coach in ASU and Southern Conference history, Moore is 178-73 in 20 seasons at Appalachian and 205-121-2 in 27 years as a head coach, which includes stints at North Texas (1979-80) and Texas Tech (1981-85). He is one of only four active NCAA Division I FCS head coaches with 200 career victories and 23rd among all NCAA Division I coaches (FCS or FBS) in all-time victories.

Despite the success that Moore has enjoyed at nearly every stop of his 48-year coaching career, the past four seasons have cemented his standing as one of the game’s all-time great mentors.

Moore led the Mountaineers to three-consecutive NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS — formerly Division I-AA) national titles from 2005-07. He also led the Apps to their fourth-straight SoCon title in 2008 with a perfect 8-0 conference record, marking just the fourth time in the 76-year history of the venerable league that a program has won four championships in a row.

Since the beginning of the title run in 2005, Moore’s Mountaineers compiled a 50-9 record and etched themselves in the record books with a number of other “firsts.” Most notably, the Apps became the first institution from the state of North Carolina to ever win an NCAA football championship at any level when it defeated Northern Iowa, 21-16, in the 2005 Division I-AA national title game — a feat they repeated with wins over Massachusetts (28-17) and Delaware (49-21) in the 2006 and ‘07 NCAA Division I national championship tilts.

Additionally, Appalachian became a household name when Moore led his troops to perhaps the biggest upset in college football history, a 34-32 triumph over Michigan in the 2007 season opener. The victory over the Wolverines, college football’s all-time winningest program which came into the contest ranked No. 5 in the Associated Press’ Top 25 college football poll, marked the first time that an FCS team ever toppled a nationally ranked FBS opponent.

However, Moore’s success at ASU did not begin in 2005, as the Mountaineers’ triumphs over the past four seasons has enhanced Moore’s standing as one of the nation’s finest coaches rather than defined it. In addition to racking up 178 victories at ASU – 68 more than the second-winningest coach in SoCon history, legendary Duke mentor Wallace Wade – Moore has led ASU to seven conference championships and 14 postseason appearances. In his 20 seasons at ASU, 54 of his players have earned all-America recognition a total of 76 times.

Moore is no stranger to individual awards himself, as he is a three-time American Football Coaches Association National Coach of the Year (2005, 2006, 2007) and the only Division I (FCS or FBS) mentor in the 74-year history of the award to win it three years in a row. He also won the 2006 Eddie Robinson Award (National Coach of the Year) from The Sports Network, is a five-time AFCA Regional Coach of the Year (1994, 1995, 2005, 2006, 2008) and record six-time SoCon Coach of the Year (1991, 1994, 1995, 2005, 2006, 2008). In 2009, he will be inducted into the North Carolina Sports Hall of Fame.

In addition to his 20-year tenure at ASU, Moore served as head coach at North Texas (1979-80) and Texas Tech (1981-85) and spent 15 seasons on the staffs of legendary mentors Hayden Fry, Tom Osborne and Ken Hatfield at SMU (1965-72), Nebraska (1973-78) and Arkansas (1988). He continued to add to his already impressive coaching resume in January 2006 when he served as an assistant coach at the annual Hula Bowl all-star game in Honolulu.

Moore began his coaching career with four seasons as an assistant at Corsicana H.S. in Texas after graduating from Baylor in 1961. At Baylor, he finished among the nation’s top 10 in receptions as a wide receiver and was a team captain for the 11th-ranked Bears as a senior.

A native of Bonham, Texas, Moore was an all-state performer on the gridiron and earned 14 varsity letters in four sports at Bonham H.S. He is a member of the Bonham Athletics Hall of Fame.

An active and well-respected member of the American Football Coaches Association, Moore is also active in various church and civic groups. His sense of community has never been more evident than in the months following ASU's three national-championship runs, when he practiced a “never say no” philosophy with regards to the numerous speaking engagements that he was asked to participate in. As many as five nights a week, Moore has traveled across the Carolinas and the Southeast to appear at as many of the banquets, clinics and other engagements that he was asked to speak at as possible.

Syntax Error
May 25th, 2009, 10:56 PM
DAYUM!!!!!

Hoyadestroya85
May 25th, 2009, 11:14 PM
hmm.. can i be two days ahead because Villanova starts the thursday before :D

smallcollegefbfan
May 26th, 2009, 12:28 AM
GREAT TO SEE THE COUNTDOWN G.A.S.!!!

AtlantaMountaineer
May 26th, 2009, 06:02 AM
Its good to know that I am not the only one who "Obsesses" about App Football as my niece says I need to "Get a Life!!". I can smell Fall in the air already.

Tribe4SF
May 26th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Always my favorite set of threads!!!xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

W&M Head Coach Jimmye Laycock

Entering his 30th year at the helm of the William and Mary program, Jimmye Laycock is one of the nation’s longest tenured and most respected head coaches. He has authored a school-record 189 wins (against 131 losses and two ties) and 19 winning ledgers since first taking over the program in 1980. The Tribe has also appeared in nine postseason contests with Laycock at the helm.

On June 21, 2008, the College dedicated the $11 million Jimmye Laycock Football Center with a ceremony that featured more than 500 friends and alumni of the program. While the building carries his name and stands as a strong symbol of what Laycock has meant to the Tribe, it makes a stronger statement about the school’s commitment to football and the program’s proud tradition. The state-of-the-art complex provides the College with one of the finest facilities in the Football Championship Series and, paired with Laycock’s steady leadership, gives the Tribe a bright future.

As the architect of what is easily the most extended run of success in William and Mary’s 115-year football history, Laycock has never compromised academic standards for athletic success and has steadily built his program into a point of pride for the campus, alumni and community. When Laycock, a 1970 grad, returned to coach his alma mater prior to the 1980 season, he inherited a program that had won six or more games in a season just four times in the previous 25 years. Few could have predicted that the College would produce more than three times that amount of seven-win seasons over the next quarter century. The accumulated successes, both on and off the field, have led to an era of unprecedented interest and support for his program.

TexasTerror
May 26th, 2009, 07:45 AM
http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics30/200/FG/FGVBDXLUVOIDMBL.20071007180315.jpg

Coach Whitten - time to get this thing going!

TheValleyRaider
May 26th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Dick Biddle
Head Coach
http://www.gocolgateraiders.com/images/2007/9/25/Dick-Biddle-zxzx.jpg

Dick Biddle just finished his 13th season as head coach of the Raiders. He was named Colgate’s 29th head football coach in November of 1995 after serving as an assistant coach for a total of 10 years with the Raiders.

He was given the job of rebuilding Colgate’s program which hadn’t seen a winning season since 1990. And it’s been a continuous ride to the top for Colgate under Biddle’s tutelage.

In 13 seasons, Biddle has become the winningest football coach in school history with 104 victories, passing the legendary Andy Kerr.

He has achieved the best winning percentage (.679) of any Colgate coach with seven or more years at the helm of the Raiders. Biddle is also the first Colgate coach to ever record nine straight seasons with seven or more victories.

He has been named Patriot League Coach of the Year four times while guiding the Raiders to six Patriot League titles and six appearances in the NCAA FCS (formally I-AA) playoffs.

The past season, Biddle was named Patriot League Coach of the Year while guiding the Raiders to an overall mark of 9-3 and 5-0 in the league, qualifing for the FCS Division I playoffs. He was a finalist for the Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year award.

In 2003, Biddle was named the American Football Coaches Association Division FCS National Coach of the Year after leading the Raiders to a 15-1 record, and to the national championship game of the NCAA Division I FCS playoffs.

In his first season, Biddle not only produced a winning campaign, but became only the third head coach in FBS or FCS history to record a winning record the season after a team suffered through a 0-11 campaign.

For his effort, Biddle was selected by his coaching peers as the Patriot League Coach of the Year, and was named the co-recipient of Colgate’s Howard Hartman Coach of the Year Award.

In his second season he brought home the first Patriot League championship along with Colgate’s first appearance in the NCAA Division I FCS playoffs since 1983. His back-to-back winning seasons were the first since 1982 and 1983.

Biddle’s effort was recognized again by his peers with his second straight selection as Colgate’s Coach of the Year.

In 1998, Biddle produced eight victories en route to a second straight appearance in the NCAA Division I FCS playoffs. His victory total was the highest since the 1983 campaign.

He continued Colgate’s success story in 1999 with the school’s second Patriot League championship and third consecutive berth in the Division I FCS playoffs. En route to the playoffs, the Raiders tied the school record for victories in a season with 10.

For his effort, Biddle was named a finalist for the Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year Award, presented annually to the top coach in Division I FCS.

In 2000, the Raiders posted their fifth straight winning season under Biddle with a 7-4 record. They finished second in the Patriot League standings.

The Raiders (7-3) finished second again in the Patriot League in 2001.

In 2002, Colgate (9-3) captured its third Patriot League title under Biddle, and won seven or more games for the sixth straight season. Biddle became the first Colgate coach to be named a three-time winner of the Howard Hartman Award.

The 2003 campaign was arguably the greatest in school history when the Raiders captured the imagination of the collegiate football world becoming the first non-scholarship program to advance to the title game of the NCAA Division I FCS playoffs.

En route, Colgate won a school record 15 contests establishing a Division I FCS record for victories in a season.

After finishing 2004 with a 7-4 mark, the Raiders captured their fifth Patriot League title the following fall, and a berth in the NCAA Division I FCS playoffs. It was the fifth time in 10 seasons that Colgate had won eight or more games in a season finishing 8-4.

Under Biddle, the Raiders have produced an explosive offense finishing in the Top 10 nationally in rushing four times and twice in total offense. In 2000, Colgate was fourth in the nation in rushing defense and in 2003 the Raiders finished sixth against the rush.

Biddle came back to Colgate in 1992 as defensive coordinator and linebacker coach under Mike Foley. He had previously coached at Colgate under Fred Dunlap from 1977 through 1982.

Biddle came back to Colgate in 1992 after two seasons at the United States Naval Academy, where he served as linebacker coach in his first season and defensive coordinator and linebacker coach in the second season.

Biddle previously coached at Colgate from 1977 through the 1982 season. He was defensive line coach for six seasons, and served as defensive coordinator his final two campaigns with the Raiders.

During that tenure, Colgate posted five winning seasons, including the first 10-win season in the school’s history in 1977, and it’s first post-season NCAA Division I FCS playoff appearance in 1982.

Prior to Navy, Biddle was an assistant coach at the University of Minnesota for five years. He first joined the Golden Gophers under Lou Holtz. Following Holtz’s departure for Notre Dame, Biddle served as linebacker coach under John Gutekunst for four seasons - the last three as defensive coordinator. After leaving Colgate in 1982, he joined the staff at Virginia Tech where he worked with the linebackers for two campaigns.

He came to Colgate the first time from Allegheny College in Pennsylvania where he began his coaching career in 1973. During his first year at Allegheny, he coached the defensive line and wide receivers. For the last three seasons, he was in charge of both the defensive and offensive lines and linebackers.

In his second stint with the Raiders, Biddle was wide receiver coach for one season, and running back coach for two campaigns under coach Ed Sweeney.

Biddle has also coached in three Bowl games: the 1984 and 1985 Independence Bowls while at Virginia Tech and Minnesota, respectively, and the 1986 Liberty Bowl with Minnesota. He also coached in the 1989 Blue-Gray All-Star Game.

Biddle, a 1971 graduate of Duke University, was an all-Atlantic Coast Conference linebacker for two seasons. The former Blue Devil co-captain received third team Associated Press All-America honors in his senior year and was a participant in the Blue-Gray and Hula Bowl games.

Biddle is a three-time winner of Duke’s Hatchet Award, given to the most valuable player on defense. In his senior year he also received the Blue Devil Club Award as the senior who contributed the most to the team.

Biddle was elected to the all-century team at his alma mater.

He is a native of Parkersburg, West Virginia. During his scholastic career at Parkersburg High School, he was all-state in football and won three letters in wrestling. He and his wife, Sheila, are the parents of two sons, Jason and Brendon. Brendon graduated from Colgate in 2003, and lettered four years in football.

GannonFan
May 26th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Great to see you back with the countdown!!!! xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

appfan2008
May 26th, 2009, 09:03 AM
this thread helps to get me through the dog days of summer each year!

slostang
May 26th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Tim Walsh
Head Coach • First Year • UC Riverside '77
0-0 at Cal Poly (First Year)
117-82 overall (18 Years)

Tim Walsh, offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at the United States Military Academy the last two seasons, was named Cal Poly’s 16th head football coach at a press conference held Jan. 9, 2009.

“Tim Walsh brings all of the qualities we were looking for in a head coach for our football team,” Cal Poly director of athletics Alison Cone said. “He has been a successful head coach at two universities in California.

“He is a quality leader who understands the unique culture at Cal Poly,” Cone added. “He knows how to help young men reach their potential in the classroom, as citizens, and on the football field. We had several outstanding applicants from which to choose, but I am thrilled we were able to hire a person with such outstanding credentials to direct our program.

“He has the ability to continue the success the Cal Poly football program has enjoyed the last six years and that the community and the university will be proud of and excited to support,” Cone said.

Walsh replaces Rich Ellerson, the Mustangs’ head football coach for the last eight seasons. Ellerson was named head coach at Army on Dec. 26, 2008.

“We had several outstanding applicants from which to choose, but I am thrilled we were able to hire a person with such outstanding credentials to direct this program,” Cone said of Walsh. “He is a high-character, high-quality individual who will bring great passion and enthusiasm to our campus.”

Walsh has compiled a 117-82 record in 18 seasons as a college head coach, including four years at Sonoma State (27-14 from 1989-92) and 14 more seasons at Portland State (90-68 from 1993-2006). He guided Sonoma State to the Northern California Athletic Conference title in 1991 (ending UC Davis’ streak of 20 consecutive conference titles), a pair of NCAA Division II playoff berths while at Sonoma State and four more postseason berths while at Portland State.

“I have a tremendous working knowledge of Cal Poly, its history and current status,” said Walsh. “The combination of a tremendous academic university, a tremendous area to recruit and live, and a football program that’s winning all added up to a great opportunity for me.

“My goals are to continue to recruit student-athletes whose goals are to be the best they can be, both in the class and on the field, and become quality young men,” Walsh added. “If we do that, winning won’t be a problem. This is an opportunity to build a great program and develop a great relationship between the campus and the community at large.”

A charismatic speaker and motivator, Walsh guided Sonoma State to three winning seasons in four years at the helm of the Seawolves and 10 more above-.500 campaigns in his 14-year term at Portland State. With the Vikings, Walsh coached 14 All-Americans and 11 Academic All-Americans.

Portland State joined the Big Sky Conference in 1996. During Walsh’s 11 seasons when the Vikings were in the Big Sky, he coached players who earned 39 first-team All-Big Sky honors, 51 on the second team, 80 honorable mentions, 58 Academic All-Big Sky honorees, 59 Big Sky Players of the Week, 20 national player of the week honorees, five Walter Payton Award finalists and one Buck Buchanan Award finalist.

A Serra High School (San Mateo, Calif.) graduate, Walsh played football at UC Riverside in the mid-1970s and earned a bachelor’s degree in history in 1977.

He began his coaching career at his high school alma mater, Serra, spending four years (1977-80) as an assistant coach before becoming head coach (1981-85) at Moreau Catholic High School in Hayward. Walsh moved into the college coaching ranks in 1986, becoming an assistant coach and defensive coordinator at Santa Clara for one season.

In 1987 and 1988, Walsh was offensive coordinator at Sonoma State before becoming head coach of the Seawolves (then the Cossacks) in 1989. His first season in Rohnert Park produced a 4-6 mark, but Walsh guided Sonoma State to 7-3, 9-2 and 7-3 records in his final three years there.

Walsh embarked upon a 14-year head coaching career at Portland State in 1993, guiding the Vikings to NCAA Division II playoff berths each of his first three seasons.

Portland State elevated its athletics program to Division I in 1996 and, though the Vikings struggled in the first three years at that level, there was steady progression -- from 3-8 to 4-7 and 5-6. The 1999 Viking team began a string of seven winning campaigns in eight seasons, including a Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) playoff berth in 2000.

Walsh piloted Portland State to a quartet of second-place finishes in the Big Sky along with a third and three fourth-place finishes. In 14 seasons at the helm, Walsh’s Vikings were 62-21 at home. He earned two wins against FBS schools -- Hawaii in 2001 and New Mexico in 2006 -- and was 3-0 against Cal Poly while at Portland State along with a 2-1 mark against the Mustangs while at Sonoma State.

Walsh was a finalist for the Eddie Robinson Award (FCS Coach of the Year) in 1999

In 2008, Walsh’s second season at Army, the Black Knights finished ninth in the Football Bowl Subdivision in rushing offense (241.42 yards per game), fourth in sacks allowed (1.00) and 15th in time of possession (31:45).

While at Army, Walsh’s recruiting responsibilities included nine Western states.

The list of coaches who were assistants under Walsh includes Dan Hawkins (Colorado), Gary Patterson (Texas Christian) and Chris Peterson (Boise State). National Football League players who competed under Walsh’s tutelage include -- from Sonoma State -- offensive lineman Larry Allen (Dallas) -- and from Portland State -- tight end Tony Curtis (Dallas), wide receiver Shaun Bodiford (Green Bay), linebacker Jordan Senn (Indianapolis) and linebacker Adam Hayward (Tampa Bay).

Walsh and his wife, Jody, have four children: Luke, Casey, Sean and Megan.

GannonFan
May 26th, 2009, 10:18 AM
http://www.out-and-about.com/adx/aspx/adxGetMedia.aspx?DocID=436,349,346,30,4,2,1,Docume nts&MediaID=258&Filename=web_KC2.jpg
The University of Delaware football program turned to one of its own on March 5, 2002 as former Blue Hen standout linebacker K.C. Keeler was introduced as the new head coach. At the press conference announcing his hiring, the energetic Keeler vowed to bring championships back to the University of Delaware. It took him only two seasons to fulfill those promises.

The 2003 squad capped a magical year by posting a 15-1 record, capturing a share of the Atlantic 10 Conference title, and sweeping through the NCAA I-AA playoffs to win the 2003 I-AA national title. He followed that up with another Atlantic 10 Conference title and a berth in the NCAA I-AA quarterfinals to highlight the 2004 campaign.

Keeler led Delaware on yet another run at a national championship in 2007 as the Blue Hens posted an 11-4 record and advanced to the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision title game before falling to three-time defending champion Appalachian State 49-21 in Chattanooga, TN.

Keeler's feats did not go unnoticed as he received the prestigious Maxwell Club Tri-State Coach of the Year for the second time, becoming the first coach to earn the award twice, and received the All-American Football Foundation Johnny Vaught Head Coach Award. Individual honors also came pouring in for Keeler's team members with NCAA scoring leader Omar Cuff earning consensus first team All-American accolades at running back. Record-setting quarterback and ECAC Player of the Year Joe Flacco and offensive tackle Mike Byrne were also among eight total Blue Hens who earned All-American mention.

Led by Flacco and Cuff, the Blue Hens were among the nation's top offensive units, leading the CAA in scoring offense (36.2, 11th in the NCAA), total offense (460.6), and passing (289.5). Among the wins was a thrilling 59-52 win at NCAA I Navy where the Hens piled up 581 yards against a Midshipmen team that advanced to the Poinsettia Bowl.

Flacco moved on to become Delaware's first-ever first round National Football League draft choice in 2008 when he was picked by the 18th overall selection by the Baltimore Ravens. He was an instant hit in Baltimore and started all 16 games in his rookie year, leading the Ravens to a spot in the AFC championship game being selected in a fan vote as the 2008 NFL Diet Pepsi Rookie of the Year.

In seven seasons at the helm of the Blue Hens, Keeler owns an impressive overall mark of 56-34 (.622), including a mark of 32-26 (.552) in league place. In 16 seasons overall as a college head coach, his mark stands at 144-55-1 (.722). In those 16 seasons as a head coach, including a nine-year stint at NCAA Division III Rowan (N.J.), Keeler has led his team to the NCAA Tournament an incredibile 10 times and has won his first round game each time. Remarkably, his teams have advanced to the national championship seven times. Of his 34 losses at Delaware, 19 have been by just seven or less points.

Keeler already ranks No. 3 on the all-time Delaware football coaching win list, trailing only his college coach, Tubby Raymond (300), and David Nelson (84). This past season he pulled ahead of Bill Murray (49). Raymond, Nelson, and Murray are all members of the College Football Hall of Fame.

The Blue Hens, who in 2003 won the sixth national title in school history, the first since winning the 1979 NCAA II championship, and its first ever crown in I-AA, completed the most dominating playoff run in I-AA history. Delaware outscored its opponents by a combined margin of 149-23 and posted the first ever championship game shutout with a 40-0 blanking of previously unbeaten Colgate in the national title game in Chattanooga, Tenn.

Delaware combined talent, heart, and character to post one of the finest seasons in college football history. The Blue Hens ranked among the national leaders in scoring offense (9th at 34.7 ppg) and scoring defense (5th at 15.44) and enjoyed an incredible +19 mark in turnover margin, good for sixth best in I-AA.

As the No. 2 seed in the I-AA tournament, Delaware swept through the field, defeated Gateway Conference co-champions Southern Illinois (48-7) and Northern Iowa (37-7) in the first two rounds before dispatching No. 2 seed and Southern Conference champion Wofford (24-9) in the semifinals. That win earned the Hens a berth in the I-AA title game where they dominated previously unbeaten Colgate, the Patriot League champion that entered the game having won 21 straight games.

Keeler, 49, who was a three-year starting linebacker for the Blue Hens in 1978-80 and led the team to the NCAA Division II national title before becoming one of the nation's most successful coaches on the NCAA Division III level, replaced Harold R. "Tubby" Raymond, who announced his retirement following a College Football Hall of Fame career that saw him serve as head coach for 36 years and become only the ninth coach in college football history to record 300 victories.

Keeler became just the fourth head coach to the lead the Blue Hens since the 1940's, following the footsteps of College of Football Hall of Fame inductees Bill Murray (1940-50) and David Nelson (1951-65) and certain future Hall of Famer Tubby Raymond (1966-2001). Keeler is just the fourth University of Delaware alumnus to lead the football program, joining Ira L. Pierce (1896), Clarence A. Short (1902, 1906), and Joseph J. Rothrock (1927-28).

Serving as head coach at Rowan (formerly Glassboro State College) for nine seasons, Keeler developed a dynasty in small college football. Known as an outstanding offensive innovator, he is Rowan's all-time leader in coaching wins with a record of 88-21-1 and his winning percentage of .801 is fourth among all active coaches at that level of football.

Keeler took his teams to the national semifinals in seven of his nine seasons and to the national championship game (Stagg Bowl) five times. He took his head coaching position after one season as an assistant coach at Amherst (Mass.) College and seven years as an assistant at Rowan, five of them as an offensive coordinator.

Keeler's teams enjoyed a winning campaign all nine seasons and won at least six games each year. Included in the total were seven seasons with 10 or more wins, including a 12-2 mark in 1999. His teams won four New Jersey Athletic Conference titles and were honored with the Lambert Cup Trophy, symbolic of Eastern college football supremacy, six times.

His teams were also named ECAC Team of the Year six times and he was named NJAC Coach of the Year three times. Keeler received the Stan Lomax-Irving Marsh Award by the Metropolitan New York Football Writers Association as its Division III Coach of the Year in 1995 and 1993.

Also during his tenure, Keeler coached eight NJAC Offensive Player of the Year award winners, three NJAC Defensive Player of the Year award recipients, and two NJAC Rookie of the Year winners. He has also coached 19 All-Americans, most recently quarterback Tony Racioppi and offensive lineman Rob Rieck in 2001, defensive tackle Tim Watson and linebacker John Gavlick in 1999, and Terrick Grace in 1997. Racioppi was one of three finalists for the Melberger Award, presented to the NCAA III Player of the Year. Watson was drafted in the sixth round of the NFL draft by Seattle in 2000.

Keeler found immediate success at Rowan, leading his first team to a record of 11-2 and a berth in the NCAA Division III championship game before falling to Mount Union.

Rowan returned to the NCAA III title game four more times, falling each time, in 1995 (losing to Wisconsin-Lacrosse), 1996 (Mt. Union), 1998 (Mt. Union), and 1999 (Pacific Lutheran). This past season, Keeler led the team to an 11-2 record before falling to Bridgewater (Va.) 29-24 on the last play of the game in the national semifinals.

A native of Emmaus, Pa. (Emmaus HS), Keeler headed to the University of Delaware for his college football and quickly earned a name for himself as an aggressive 6-0, 210 lb. linebacker who was often in the right place at the right time. He was a three-year starter under Raymond and led the team to a three-year record of 32-7. In 1978 he led the Blue Hens to a 10-4 record and a berth in the NCAA Division II championship game before falling to Eastern Illinois, 10-9.

The Hens put it all together in 1979, winning the school's fifth national title with a 13-1 record and a 38-21 win over Youngstown State in the NCAA II championships game in Albuquerque, N.M. The 1980 team posted a record of 9-2 but did not qualify for post-season action.

Keeler was a member of two ECAC Team of Year squads and one Lambert Cup winner and was named the Newark Touchdown Club Defensive Player of the Year as a senior in 1980.

He posted six career interceptions, including three in a 1978 NCAA Division II 42-27 quarterfinal playoff win over Jacksonville State. All three interceptions came on consecutive pass attempts by Jacksonville State. He also intercepted a pass and returned it 59 yards for a touchdown vs. Temple in 1980.

He was signed to an NFL free agent contract by the Philadelphia Eagles in 1982 and was released twice in the final cuts. He also received tryouts with the Philadelphia Stars and Jacksonville Bulls of the United States Football League.

Keeler and his wife, Janice, have two children, daughter Kate (19) and son Jackson (17). Keeler is a member of the America Football Coaches Association All-American and Program committees and was active locally with Feed the Homeless Project, Big Brother Day, Campus Clean-Up, and Special Olympics at Rowan University.

K.C. and Janice recently served as Co-chairs for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Delaware and their annual One Campaign. The campaign exceeded the goal of $750,000 by raising over $762,000.

chrisattsu
May 26th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Double post... See below

McNeese75
May 26th, 2009, 11:11 AM
http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics9/200/VU/VULFAANQHNYGLEC.20080730202854.jpg

Matt Viator
McNeese State University

The Cowboys have ranked among the national leaders in offense for six of the past eight years and the university has also produced the Southland Conference’s top offensive performer two of the last five seasons.

His offenses have led the league in scoring five times and in 2007 set school records for both per game total offense and scoring.

Before he joined the Cowboys, Viator was one of the top prep coaches in Louisiana, producing an 81-37 won-lost record, winning one state crown and five league titles. He joined McNeese in 1999 as linebacker coach and was made offensive coordinator in 2000, the Cowboys leading the league in both scoring offense and total offense that year.

Year at McNeese: ninth (joined in 1999)
High School: Sam Houston High ‘82
College: McNeese State ‘86
High School Athletics: all-district QB in football; also track letter
Coaching Career: assistant Sam Houston High ‘86-88; head coach Vinton High ‘89-90 (13-9 record); head coach Jennings High ‘91-94 (38-12, state title); head coach Sulphur High ‘95-98 (30-16); assistant McNeese ‘99-’06; head coach McNeese ‘06-present
Married: wife is Schantel
Other: state high school coach of year ‘92, ‘98; Southland Conference
coach of the year 2007; Southland Conference and Louisiana collegiate coach of year 2006; finalist for national 1-AA Eddie Robinson coaching award in 2007 and 2006; father is the late Nolan Viator, a former McNeese coach and player (QB) and member of the McNeese Hall of Fame

VIATOR HIGHLIGHTS- McNeese wins 11 straight games in 2007; wins the SLC title for second year in row
- Bryan Smith named all-American in 2007; StevenWhitehead, Bryan Smith and Blake Bercegeay named all-American in 2006
- Bryan Smith named Southland Conference Player of Year in 2007; Steven Whitehead named SLC Player of the Year in 2006; Bryan Smith named Defensive Player of the Year and Derrick Fourroux named Freshman of the Year in 2006
- Cowboys win five straight games to win the SLC title in 2006
- McNeese selected for the NCAA FCS playoffs in 2007 and 2006
- 2007 team ranked No. 3 in last regular season poll
- Bryan Smith ranked No. 3 in nation in QB sacks in 2007
- McNeese as a team in the national rankings were 5th in turnover margin, 7th in pass efficiency, 12th in total offense and 12th in scoring defense in 2007

In three season, Matt Viator has become one of the most successful coaches in the NCAA’s FCS division. He has guided the Cowboys to a Southland Conference football championship and into the NCAA Division I championship in two of his three years as head coach at McNeese State.
His 2007 team posted only the fourth undefeated, untied regular season record in the university’s history, won the league title for a second year and participated in the NCAA FCS championship for a second straight year.
Viator had taken over the head job four games deep into the 2006 season, went 6-2 the rest of the way, won the SLC title and put his team into the NCAA FCS championship.
His coaching record is an outstanding 24-7 and his teams have lost only three regular season games.
In conference competition only, his teams have a 16-4 mark.
Viator has earned numerous coaching honors including two straight SLC coach of the year awards and a Louisiana collegiate coach of the year award. He has also been a finalist for the national Eddie Robinson award twice.
He claimed his first collegiate coaching victory in his very first game as head coach when the Cowboys posted a 30-27 win over Southern Utah.
Viator is the 14th head coach in McNeese history, Viator was 6-2 in his first season and 5-1 in league play, winning the final five league games of the year.
Prior to his becoming head coach, Viator,
who is a graduate of McNeese, had served the university as offensive coordinator and is regarded as one of the top Division I offensive minds.

chrisattsu
May 26th, 2009, 11:25 AM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/txst/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/209247.jpeg

TEXAS STATE

Brad Wright
College: Texas State 1981

Last Season:
The Bobcats finished 8 - 4. They received the Southland's AQ, and made their second playoff appearance in four years.

27 Football players named to the SLC Commissioner's Honor Roll
9 players named to All-SLC Teams
4 players named to the Capital One/SLC Football All-Academic Team
4 SLC Player of the Week Awards

Coach's Bio (updated before last season)

Brad Wright enters his second season as the head coach at Texas State University, the school from which he graduated in 1981, and from where he launched his coaching career.

In his first season as head coach, Wright's offensive attack produced a 2,000-yard passer, 1,000-yard rusher and a 1,000-yard receiver in the same season. The Bobcats also posted one of the school's top eight attendance averages for the fourth straight year.

Senior punter Chris MacDonald earned First-Team All-American honors, while record-setting wide receiver Cameron Luke earned All-Southland Conference First-Team honors. Running back Karrington Bush was named the SLC Freshman of the Year and a All-SLC Second-Team selection. In addition, Crawford May was a All-SLC Second-Team choice.

Nick Clark was named Texas State's first-ever Draddy Award Finalist, National Football Foundation National Scholar-Athlete, and a CoSIDA/ESPN The Magazine Academic All-American Second Team selection.

Since the 2007 season ended, Wright instilled an improved work ethic into his team that carried over into spring workouts and he is hopeful these efforts will result in an improved record.

Wright was named head coach in the spring of 2007 after serving the three previous seasons as an assistant head coach, running back coach and special teams coordinator. During that span, the Pearsall native played a significant roll in the resurgence of Texas State's football program.

Prior to Wright returning to his alma mater, the Bobcats suffered 15 losing records in the 19 years of playing football as a member of the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision. But in his three years as an assistant head coach, Texas State posted a 21-15 record, won its first-ever Southland Conference championship in 2005 and advanced to the semifinals of the NCAA Division I football playoffs.

Wright's association with winning at Texas State dates back to the late 1970s when he walked on to the Bobcat football program and went on to have a career in which he played on both sides of the ball for legendary coaches Bill Miller and Jim Wacker.

His coaching career began as a student assistant coach for Wacker's 1981 NCAA Division II national championship team.

After a stint as a graduate assistant at Louisiana-Lafayette and moves up the ladder in the Texas high school coaching ranks, Wright returned to his alma mater and has been a part of a program which has taken off on the field, at the turnstiles and in the community.

In addition to the 2005 playoff run, Texas State finished strong in 2006, winning four of its last six games including a 28-21 road victory at Sam Houston State. The win at Sam Houston State knocked the conference rival out of contention for a league title.

Texas State set attendance records for the second straight year in 2006, averaging 12,886 fans per game. The Bobcats have been active in the community too, taking part in campus projects such as Bobcat Build and serving mentorships at area elementary schools.

No other Southland Conference team won more league games than Texas State from 2004-06. The Bobcats were 11-6 (.647) during those three seasons in the highly competitive league.

Wright served as a running backs position coach for a unit which led the Southland Conference in total offense the past two seasons. His running backs in 2006 included Stan Zwinggi, who rushed for 735 yards, third-most in the Southland Conference.

In 2005, Wright's corps of running backs played a major role in the Bobcats being ranked 11th nationally in total offense (439.07 ypg), 15th in rushing yards (228.43 ypg) and eighth in scoring (37.00 ppg) among NCAA championship teams. Wright also served as Texas State's special teams coordinator and coached the All-Southland Conference First-Team punter three straight years (Cory Elolf in 2004 and 2005 as well as Chris MacDonald in 2006) and 2005 All-SLC First-Team place kicker Stan Jones.

In fact, Texas State also had 17 players named First-Team All-Southland Conference while 13 players were named to the All-SLC Second-Team during those three seasons.

In 2006, Texas State led the NCAA's Football Championship Subdivision by having five players named to CoSIDA/ESPN The Magazine Academic All-District VI Team. Texas State also led the way with seven student-athletes being selected for the Capital One All-Southland Conference Academic Team.

Prior to joining the Texas State staff, Wright spent the previous four seasons as the director of athletics and head football coach at New Braunfels' Canyon High School. He helped turn around a struggling Cougar football program. After two, one-win seasons his first two years at the school, Canyon went 7-2 in 2002 and advanced to the state quarterfinals in 2003, finishing with an 11-2 mark.

Wright also coached at East Bernard, where his squad was an area finalist in 1999 as well as at Karnes City which posted back-to-back third-place district finishes. He was also an assistant coach at El Campo for five years, helping the program to three district titles. Wright's prep coaching experience as an assistant coach also includes stops at Klein Oak and Pearland.

He originally walked-on at Texas State as a wide receiver, played a season at running back and then moved to the other side of the ball where he was a defensive leader at free safety and was a member of the Bobcats' 1980 Lone Star Conference championship team.

Wright earned his bachelor's degree in physical education from Texas State in 1981. He is married to the former Kim Pesek, a 1996 Texas State alum. They are the parents of a daughter, Paige Elizabeth, born in October of 2005.

dgreco
May 26th, 2009, 11:31 AM
http://bryantbulldogs.com/images/fball/Spring09/SpringGame17.jpg?max_height=267&max_width=400

Under the direction of head coach Marty Fine, who completed his fifth season in 2008, the Bryant football team has made tremendous leaps in only a short time. After guiding the Bulldogs to back-to-back conference championships and NCAA playoff appearances in 2006 and 2007, Fine led the Bulldogs into their first season of Divison I play in the fall of 2008 and posted an impressive 7-4 record overall. The Bulldogs earned wins over Division I foes Robert Morris, Duquesne, Wagner, Iona and Saint Francis University.

During the year, the Bulldogs were led by a strong running game and stingy defense that allowed just over 100 yards rushing per game. The Bulldogs were ranked in the top-five for most of the season in take-aways and finished the year with a school record 30.

The 2007 season saw the Bulldogs open the year with a school record seven consecutive wins. Picked to finish fourth in the preseason coaches' poll, the Bulldogs went 8-1 in the Northeast-10 Conference to capture the outright league title. Among the victories was a 24-17 win at C.W. Post and a 29-3 win over Bentley before more than 5,000 fans at Bulldog Stadium.

Bryant set 10 team and 38 individual records in 2007 including 14 by four-year standout quarterback Charlie Granatell. Granatell capped off his senior season in 2007 as the holder of all of Bryant's passing records including 6,984 career passing yards and 56 career touchdowns.

In only his third season at the helm of the Bulldog program in 2006, Bryant not only captured a share of its first-ever Northeast-10 Conference Championship, but earned its first-ever berth in the NCAA Division II Championship for which Bryant was rewarded as the host of the first round as the No. 4 seed of the tournament.

During the historical 2006 season that saw the Bulldogs go 8-3 overall, the Bulldogs possessed one of the nation's most feared offenses. Led by the standout running of All-American Lorenzo Perry, Bryant ranked 10th in the country in total offense and 10th in rushing offense. In addition to earning Player of the Year honors in the NE-10 and ECAC, Perry became Bryant's first ever finalist for the Harlon Hill Trophy as the nation's top player, qualifying for the final round of eight in voting.

The Bulldogs finished fourth in the conference in scoring defense, allowing just 15.4 points per game. Overall defensively, Bryant ranked third in total defense with 260.2 yards per game. In addition, the defense ranked fourth in the NE-10 in pass defense, allowing just 139.5 yard per game, and finished fifth in rushing defense with 120.7 yards rushing per game.

Defensively, Bryant finished the season eighth in the country in pass efficiency defense with a 91.6 rating. Defensive end Mark Gunther was seventh nationally with a 1.2 sacks per game average.

In only two years as coach of the Bryant University football team, head coach Marty Fine has turned the Bulldogs into a contender in the Northeast-10 Conference. After a 4-5 record in 2004, the Bulldogs posted a school-record 7-3 record in 2005 and saw more than 30 individual and team records set during the team's historic season.

During Fine's second season in 2005, a total of seven players earned Northeast-10 All-Conference distiction. Perry earned all-New England honors with a record 1,335 yards and 17 touchdowns as the Bulldogs went 7-3 overall with more school records falling. Bryant picked up conference wins over American International (21-0), Assumption (48-38), Stonehill (24-12), Saint Anselm (27-0), and Bentley (27-14) and averaged more than 3,000 fans per game at Bulldog Stadium. In addition, the Bulldogs cracked the NCAA Northeast Regional Top-10 rankings for the first time in school history in 2005.

In 2004, Fine's first as coach of the young Bulldogs, Bryant made vast improvements in almost every statistical category, including setting several school records. Bryant improved in the win column by a game from the previous year and had five players named All-Conference by the Northeast-10, the most ever for Bryant in the sport of football.

An assistant coach at Iowa State for two seasons, Fine has more than twenty years of coaching experience under his belt and has coached at every level of organized football, including two successful head coaching positions at Sonoma State and U.S. Naval Academy Prep School. During his coaching career, Fine has served as coordinator for all three phases of coaching: offense, defense and special teams.

A native of Tarrytown, New York, Fine was the offensive line and special teams coordinator at Iowa State in 2002 and 2003, coaching two all-Big XII Conference performers at the Ames, Iowa school - including Zach Butler who signed an NFL contract with the Carolina Panthers after graduation in 2002.

During the 2002 season, the Cyclones' offensive line allowed the fewest number of sacks in the Big XII Conference and finished the year ranked in the Top-15 nationally with just 1.4 sacks allowed per game (19 total in 14 games in 02). Iowa State was ranked ninth nationally by the Associated Press, the highest ranking in school history with wins over Nebraska, Texas Tech, and Iowa and earned a trip to the Humanitarian Bowl in Boise, Idaho.

Prior to arriving at Iowa State, Fine spent five years as an assistant at Indiana University, coaching the offensive tackles and tight ends, as well as serving as the Hoosiers' special team's coordinator. Indiana was ranked fourth nationally in rushing in 2001 and led the Big Ten Conference with an average of 269.5 yards per game rushing. That same fall, the Hoosiers averaged 435.3 total yards per contest.

Fine was promoted to tight ends/special teams coach at Indiana in January 2001, after serving as the program's tight ends coach and passing game coordinator in 2000. From 1997-99, Fine coached both tight ends and tackles and oversaw the Hoosiers' ground attack in 1998-99.

In his three seasons as Indiana's tackles and tight ends coach, he helped develop four offensive linemen who earned NFL roster spots, including Pita Elisara (Philadelphia Eagles), who garnered all-Big Ten accolades in both 1998 and 1999.

A total of 12 Indiana football players earned all-conference honors in 2002, including the entire offensive line and its tight end, all of which earned first, second, or honorable mention All-Big Ten honors.

A former linebacker at Union College in New York, Fine went to Indiana from Colgate where he spent the 1996 season as the Red Raiders' offensive line coach. A 1985 graduate of Western New Mexico University, Fine spent six years as the offensive coordinator (1993-95) and offensive line coach (1990-92) at Indiana State. The Sycamores' offense led the Gateway Conference in rushing from 1992 to 1995 and was ranked in the top-15 nationally during that same time.

Hoyadestroya85
May 26th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Andy Talley, Head Coach of the Villanova Wildcats

193-119-2 carer record
165-101-1 record at villanova

All time winningest coach in Villanova and CAA History.
1997 Eddie Robinson Award Winner
His bone marrow registry program has won multiple awards.
Voted #2 enemy of the state by the residents of Delaware in the September 10, 2003 issue of Sports Illustrated.
Coached two Payton Award Winners: Brian Finneran and Brian Westbrook.

mvemjsunpx
May 27th, 2009, 12:09 AM
http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/9owu6ciwh4ewrja1n9.jpg

Bobby Hauck
7th. Season
44 Years Old
Montana '88 (Undergrad)
UCLA '91 (Grad)
Big Timber, MT
Sweet Grass HS

Overall Record: 66-16 (.805)
Big Sky Record: 39-6 (.867) (40-6 incl. playoffs)
Playoff Record: 8-6 (.571)

Previous Coaching Experience

Assistant - Sweet Grass HS (1987)
Secondary - Montana (1988)
Secondary & DL - Montana (1989)
Grad Assistant - UCLA (1990-91)
Asst. Recruiting Coordinator - UCLA (1992)
OLBs & Recruiting Coordinator - Northern Arizona (1993-94)
Safeties, Special Teams, & Recruiting Coordinator - Colorado (1995-97)
OLBs & Special Teams - Colorado (1998)
Safeties & Special Teams - Washington (1999-01)
Secondary - Washington (2002)
Head Coach - Montana (2003-present)