PDA

View Full Version : Looking back at 2008 QB Rankings

smallcollegefbfan
May 25th, 2009, 11:09 AM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/coulson_archive/around_the_fcs_062708.htm

Coulson did a pretty good job. The only miss he had was Antwon Young, who was banged up and benched, with Higgins, Landers, and Lee as the real underrated players.

Hoyadestroya85
May 25th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Young wasn't hurt.. he was benched. In all realism he could have put Whitney or Young on that list and it wouldn't have made a difference. It was a good list though.

smallcollegefbfan
May 25th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Young wasn't hurt.. he was benched. In all realism he could have put Whitney or Young on that list and it wouldn't have made a difference. It was a good list though.

I had heard he was banged up and not playing well so Whitney was put in and never looked back? Thanks for the clarification.

Regardless, 1 out of 20 not having an all-star season is not bad. That is what... a 95 percent success rate? Not bad Mr. C! xthumbsupx

jmufan999
May 25th, 2009, 02:43 PM
yeah, SmallCollege... i had heard the same thing. i was 95% sure about that. so that's not right, Hoya?

also didn't give Higgins enough credit. He's going to battle AE for the WP Award this year, if i were guessing right this second. i think he finished 4th last year, and he was only a sophomore.

Hoyadestroya85
May 25th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Young was healed from his ACL surgery, healthy but tentative. Whitney replaced him after Young threw a bunch of picks against Penn

smallcollegefbfan
May 25th, 2009, 05:54 PM
yeah, SmallCollege... i had heard the same thing. i was 95% sure about that. so that's not right, Hoya?

also didn't give Higgins enough credit. He's going to battle AE for the WP Award this year, if i were guessing right this second. i think he finished 4th last year, and he was only a sophomore.

Higgins had just come off his freshman year so I could see the ranking at that time. I am sure he will be 2nd or 3rd in the rankings this year. While I see Higgins as a great FCS player he, like AE, won't play QB in the NFL. Although, AE will get a shot I don't see Higgins getting one. He looks like a great CFL QB in my opinion. Just not big enough and not quite strong enough arm to make it in the NFL.

BEAR
May 25th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Nathan Brown went on to have a great senior season at UCA. Still in the process of finding an NFL home. xnonono2xxlolx

Green26
May 25th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Bergquist of Montana was completely overlooked in the article. He was honorable mention on some of the post-season all-american teams.

He has had tryouts with the San Diego Chargers, BC Lions, another CFL team, and one or more arena teams.

How many of the preseason top 25 got as far as an NFL tryout?