PDA

View Full Version : E. Washington FB program under assault Help!

EWashEagle
May 23rd, 2009, 06:21 PM
As some of you know, there is a push to eliminate the Eastern Washington University Football program. The alledged spokesman is a instructor who has recently spoke at a school trustees meeting. Here is a quote from the newspaper:

"...Western Washington University is eliminating its football program and the University of Washington cut $1.6 million dollars from its athletics budget, the professor said. "EWU should follow suit, without reservation."

He has a blog which kinda shows the ego of this guy. If some of you could post a comment in support of EWU football, for all college football and how it relates to the college experience, we would appreciate. Nothing vulgar or threatening, we need your help, thanks!

Here is the link:

http://thebuelement.blogspot.com/2009/05/we-make-news.html

TexasTerror
May 23rd, 2009, 06:28 PM
Is this a state allowed maximum for tuition increase? If it is - that's unbelievably high and surprised legislators would allow tuition to get so out of hand...

The president also called for raising tuition the maximum 14 percent in each of the next two academic years.

Tribe4SF
May 23rd, 2009, 06:58 PM
Posted the following...

"One of the things that suffers when athletics are eliminated is diversity. This is especially true where football is concerned. Intercollegiate athletics enrich a university community in many ways, and narrow-minded, stereotypical views of student-athletes are outdated, and ill-informed. The level of committment, and effort required of collegiate football players should be used as an inspiration to others."

laxVik
May 23rd, 2009, 07:58 PM
Welcome to Dick Cheney's America...

mtgrizfan4life
May 23rd, 2009, 08:25 PM
Personally, I do not want to see EWU football cut. Outside of Montana, they are the one BSC program I like pulling for. With that said, I feel EWU football would have alot more to stand on if they had better support. To be honest, other than Montana and Montana State, all the Big Sky Conference programs need ALOT more support.

It is pretty disappointing when your program depends on GRIZNATION every other year to boost your attendance. That is not aimed directly at EWU, but every BSC program. The only other program in BSC with good attendance is Montana State.

I hope in time every Big Sky conference program gets fan support. Seriously, makes one wonder, "Why do the GRIZ stay in a bottom feeder conference?" I guess they like being the Shark in a small pond.

Come on Big Sky fans, Support your teams, or face the possibility of losing them!

I Bleed Purple
May 23rd, 2009, 11:48 PM
Come on Big Sky fans, Support your teams, or face the possibility of losing them!

You don't have three FBS schools within an hour's drive.

Proud Griz Man
May 24th, 2009, 12:53 AM

???xcoolxxcoolx

xcoffeexxcoffeexxcoffeexxcoffeexxcoffeexxcoffeex

I Bleed Purple
May 24th, 2009, 01:26 AM
???xcoolxxcoolx

xcoffeexxcoffeexxcoffeexxcoffeexxcoffeexxcoffeex

? One, two, three, four, I declare a smilie war?

xrulesxxthumbsupxxbowxxnonono2xxwhistlexxoopsx xreadx:(xconfusedxxsmhx:p:oxpeacex

xrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesx

mtgrizfan4life
May 24th, 2009, 01:24 PM

We also don't have the population within 300 miles of Missoula and Bozeman that those areas in UTAH do.

The last few years there were 2 occasions I was extremely disappointed by. The Weber State/GRIZ football game at WSU in 09, where were WSU diehards? Secondly, lack of fan support in Portland for the Big Sky Conference tournament, even for PSU games.

Both those occasions were disappointing as a BSC fan. It was not like those teams were bad. In fact both PSU basketball team and Weber State football team were very good those given years.

I applaud all the regular fans that show up for their teams consistently. With that said though, outside of Montana and Montana State, where is the support? For outsiders, one really has to wonder "Do other BSC programs and fanbases care? It sure looks like they do not care.

What the Montana schools pull off is quite surprising and impressive when you consider the population and poor paying jobs in the state. Has the averge family income exceeded 40k yet for Montana? I know awhile back it was around 30k, give or take a few thousand. GREAT JOB all UM and MSU fans, Way to make us proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

ncbears
May 24th, 2009, 08:18 PM

I second that. UNC has to compete with CSU (half hour drive) CSU (about an hour's drive) and Air Force (3 hours drive).

Seawolf97
May 24th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Lets see New York in the Fall for FCS Football. Who do we compete against? Mets, Yankees,
Jets, Giants, Knicks, Nets, Rangers, Islanders, Devils and Big East Hoops. All within a 50 mile radius. An FCS team could go 11-0 and win the National Title and get 30 seconds on the 11pm news of Fame.

Shellin
May 24th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Is this a state allowed maximum for tuition increase? If it is - that's unbelievably high and surprised legislators would allow tuition to get so out of hand...

No, the maximum allowed by State Law is 7% per year. Gregoire is the biggest idiot of a governor in America and somehow she is getting away with this tuition hike at all of the public universities in the state.

griz8791
May 25th, 2009, 07:44 AM
How serious of a threat do you guys think this really is? Montana has profs like this. I have read that Montana State and Idaho have profs like this. I would be surprised if most colleges and universities didn't have cadres of self-appointed guardians of intellectual and cultural purity who shudder at the very thought of any athletics, especially football. Typically they fulminate without persuading normal people.

Native
May 25th, 2009, 07:51 AM
I second that. UNC has to compete with CSU (half hour drive) CSU (about an hour's drive) and Air Force (3 hours drive).

...not to mention the Broncos!

At least Weber doesn't have a pro team in the same market!

Native
May 25th, 2009, 08:05 AM
We also don't have the population within 300 miles of Missoula and Bozeman that those areas in UTAH do.

The last few years there were 2 occasions I was extremely disappointed by. The Weber State/GRIZ football game at WSU in 09, where were WSU diehards? Secondly, lack of fan support in Portland for the Big Sky Conference tournament, even for PSU games.

Both those occasions were disappointing as a BSC fan. It was not like those teams were bad. In fact both PSU basketball team and Weber State football team were very good those given years.

I applaud all the regular fans that show up for their teams consistently. With that said though, outside of Montana and Montana State, where is the support? For outsiders, one really has to wonder "Do other BSC programs and fanbases care? It sure looks like they do not care.

What the Montana schools pull off is quite surprising and impressive when you consider the population and poor paying jobs in the state. Has the averge family income exceeded 40k yet for Montana? I know awhile back it was around 30k, give or take a few thousand. GREAT JOB all UM and MSU fans, Way to make us proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

UM, MSU and the Montana fans do indeed deserve credit for the strong football programs. Montana was #1 in the Big Sky in attendance in 2008 (#2 in the FCS) with an average of 23,923 fans per home game, and Montana State was #2 (#15 in the FCS) at 13,406 fans per game.

The Big Sky ranked fourth in attendance among FCS teams, and all but one BSC team is in the top half of attendance among all 118 FCS teams for which attendance was reported in 2008:

48 SSU 8184
51 PSU 7975
55 NAU 7365
61 WSU 6910
63 EWU 6719
68 ISU 5823
89 UNC 4230

http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/stats/football_records/Attendance/2008.pdf

Not sure about arguments for market advantages and disadvantages among BSC schools. Montana has about a million in population and two DI football programs. Utah has about two and a half million and five FCS programs. Roughly 500,000 population per program.

Washington has six and a half million in population and only three DI programs?!!? Wazzup?!?

Hammerhead
May 25th, 2009, 11:55 AM
It does make a huge difference in states where FCS is the biggest show in town. The portland TV stations focus on Oregon and Oregon State with a quick rundown of the other Pac-10 games, a few others from across the country and maybe 30 seconds for PSU.

Growing up in North Dakota, the local broadcasts focused on the Bison and the Sioux and a little bit of the Big-10 and teams in the top 25.

As for high-paying jobs. cities and towns in N.D. and S.D. aren't exactly your typical country club suburbs either. The only real competition for entertainment dollars in the fall is hunting season and it seems like it is getting harder and harder to find access to land where city folk can hunt any more.

mtgrizfan4life
May 25th, 2009, 02:07 PM
I cannot speak for other programs, but can honestly say GRIZNATION is every bit as faithful as the likes of Cornhusker fans. I have lived in both Montana and Nebraska, each over 10 years. It is amazing how similar the states and fanbases are. I also feel NDSU fans are very passionate as well. After a disappointing season last year, I wonder how their attendance will be this year? What do the NDSU fans think? Do you think attendance will drop some or will the fans still show up as before?

If the GRIZ were to struggle at FCS or BCS level, I feel their would be a minor drop in attendance. I do feel the majority of GRIZNATION would continue their support with near sellout crowds. Besides if they were to struggle, there are quite a few fans waiting to get season tickets that could replace the ones lost.

I do admit the GRIZ have an inherit advantage of being a one horse show within 200 miles of Missoula. Carroll College does not have much room for new fans. As for the CATS, very few in GRIZNATION would feel good about supporting a good Cat team over an average GRIZ team.

JALMOND
May 25th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Personally, I do not want to see EWU football cut. Outside of Montana, they are the one BSC program I like pulling for. With that said, I feel EWU football would have alot more to stand on if they had better support. To be honest, other than Montana and Montana State, all the Big Sky Conference programs need ALOT more support.

It is pretty disappointing when your program depends on GRIZNATION every other year to boost your attendance. That is not aimed directly at EWU, but every BSC program. The only other program in BSC with good attendance is Montana State.

I hope in time every Big Sky conference program gets fan support. Seriously, makes one wonder, "Why do the GRIZ stay in a bottom feeder conference?" I guess they like being the Shark in a small pond.

It is really difficult to support a team (or try to support a team) that is in a market with a bigger team. Cat and Griz fans do not realize this as they are THE big teams in Montana. In Washington, you are considered either a Husky or a Coog, in Oregon, you are a Duck or a Beaver. In Montana, you are born and raised either a Grizzly or a Bobcat. You do not understand the position where we are. We do support our teams, and yet every year we are faced with a dwindling pot of which the Pac-10 state schools will get their share and we are left with the rest. The support for PSU athletics within Portland, even with Glanville here, is still on a par with the Frontier Conference within Montana. Do you Cat and Griz fans even really care about the Frontier Conference? That is what we supporters within the Big Sky outside of Montana face with our own teams. The money has to come from somewhere and the bigger schools, especially the Pac-10, are not going to drop their programs.

mtgrizfan4life
May 25th, 2009, 02:35 PM
I do know a few GRIZ fans that will go to a Carroll game when the GRIZ are not in town.
They may drive to Pullman for a WAZZU game now and then too.

I do have a suggestion for FCS programs. Put together a master plan to create better gameday environment. In my opinion the GRIZ do that just as well as any program in the nation at any level. Our fricken mascot alone brings in fans that like entertainment, or have young kids.

I have lived in Nebraska, Colorado, and Montana. I have attended college football games in each of those states. To be honest, GRIZ gameday atmosphere is right there with the Cornhuskers. As for the Colorado schools, they have a long way to go for game day atmosphere. I only go to other college games when it does not interfere with a GRIZ game. Even if I cannot get to Missoula from Colorado to attend live, I prefer internet audio/video feeds over shelling out more money to watch a higher level of football.

After experiencing GRIZ game day, other atmospheres just do not get me excited like GRIZNATION does. Atmosphere with a decent program will make a gradual impact. Have the players, coaches, students, and mascots go the extra mile in comparison to larger programs. It will make for some extra fans, which in time may choose to stay loyal to the respected FCS programs.

JALMOND
May 25th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I do know a few GRIZ fans that will go to a Carroll game when the GRIZ are not in town.
They may drive to Pullman for a WAZZU game now and then too.

Some of my Duck friends will accompany me to a PSU game as long as the Ducks are out of town and not playing at that time. Same with my fellow Beaver fans.

A few years back, I was travelling through Montana on a Saturday when my alma mater, Rocky Mountain College was playing Carroll. As I drove through the state, I could listen to either the Griz game or the Cat game, switching stations as one faded out and another came on. I could not get the Carroll game, even with them being a defending national champion, until I got close to Helena to pick up the local broadcast. Cats and Griz, you are similar to our Pac-10 schools within the boundaries of your state. We are like Carroll, actually maybe more like Montana Tech as Carroll is a private school. That is the position we are in. You are the real thing, we are the Frontier Conference. No one in Missoula or Bozeman are breaking the door down to air the Frontier Conference. Why should they? Just like no one is racing to air the Big Sky in Seattle or Eugene. Why should they? If there are funding issues, all money possible will go to save the essential sports in the Pac-10 at the expense of the other state schools (not necessarily smaller as PSU is bigger than both Oregon and Oregon State). Western Washington ceased football, Eastern could too, as well as any other school in the Big Sky not in Montana.

BearsCountry
May 25th, 2009, 04:32 PM
How serious of a threat do you guys think this really is? Montana has profs like this. I have read that Montana State and Idaho have profs like this. I would be surprised if most colleges and universities didn't have cadres of self-appointed guardians of intellectual and cultural purity who shudder at the very thought of any athletics, especially football. Typically they fulminate without persuading normal people.

Its bc most professors outside of the business schools are in their own little world where they think the money the school spends on sports will magically appear in their departments.

FargoBison
May 25th, 2009, 04:38 PM
I cannot speak for other programs, but can honestly say GRIZNATION is every bit as faithful as the likes of Cornhusker fans. I have lived in both Montana and Nebraska, each over 10 years. It is amazing how similar the states and fanbases are. I also feel NDSU fans are very passionate as well. After a disappointing season last year, I wonder how their attendance will be this year? What do the NDSU fans think? Do you think attendance will drop some or will the fans still show up as before?

If the GRIZ were to struggle at FCS or BCS level, I feel their would be a minor drop in attendance. I do feel the majority of GRIZNATION would continue their support with near sellout crowds. Besides if they were to struggle, there are quite a few fans waiting to get season tickets that could replace the ones lost.

I do admit the GRIZ have an inherit advantage of being a one horse show within 200 miles of Missoula. Carroll College does not have much room for new fans. As for the CATS, very few in GRIZNATION would feel good about supporting a good Cat team over an average GRIZ team.

It sounds like season ticket sales are on pace with last year so I'd guess fan support will be the same. That said, Bison football has become the event in the area, tailgating has gotten really big over the past few years.

mtgrizfan4life
May 25th, 2009, 06:17 PM
It sounds like season ticket sales are on pace with last year so I'd guess fan support will be the same. That said, Bison football has become the event in the area, tailgating has gotten really big over the past few years.

Good for NDSU. If the GRIZ ever go to NDSU, I will road trip it. Besides, with time we may eventually be in the same conference, if a few BSC programs do not step up and are cut.

I wonder what AD's and Fullerton are thinking now after not taking NDSU. It is beginning to look like a bad decision by the BSC.

GOKATS
May 25th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Good for NDSU. If the GRIZ ever go to NDSU, I will road trip it. Besides, with time we may eventually be in the same conference, if a few BSC programs do not step up and are cut.

I wonder what AD's and Fullerton are thinking now after not taking NDSU. It is beginning to look like a bad decision by the BSC.

Not to reinvent the wheel, but it wasn't Fullerton or the AD's, it was the Big Sky pres's. that voted no. As I recall it was PSU and Sac. St. that killed the deal.

Uncle Rico's Clan
May 26th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Not to reinvent the wheel, but it wasn't Fullerton or the AD's, it was the Big Sky pres's. that voted no. As I recall it was PSU and Sac. St. that killed the deal.

Someone should create one of those smily icons that people can use that will explain why the Big Sky didn't take the Dakota State schools, or why Montana will not be moving up anytime soon. Its seems like any thread that is related to the Big Sky conference ends up focused on one of those two topics and if there was a simple icon to select it would save alot of people alot of time not having to explain things that have been beaten to death.

Hammerhead
May 26th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Isn't there an animation of someone beating a dead horse that gets posted every once in while?

Someone should create one of those smily icons that people can use that will explain why the Big Sky didn't take the Dakota State schools, or why Montana will not be moving up anytime soon. Its seems like any thread that is related to the Big Sky conference ends up focused on one of those two topics and if there was a simple icon to select it would save alot of people alot of time not having to explain things that have been beaten to death.

mtgrizfan4life
May 26th, 2009, 08:24 PM
To save all the posts here, check out egriz on the move up subject. This will take you to the best thread on this. http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30963

For what it is worth, I hope EWU can save football. I like EWU.

GOKATS
May 26th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Isn't there an animation of someone beating a dead horse that gets posted every once in while?

I totally agree..........................xdeadhorsex

The same old ***** really does get old.

EWashEagle
May 26th, 2009, 09:54 PM
For those of you who posted and the professor's site, we appreciate it. Great post Tribe. There were 4 original comments and now there are 13. Most are supporting the team, a couple are some high-brow comments from some who feel the program should be cut.

I Bleed Purple
May 26th, 2009, 11:01 PM

Wow, I wouldn't expect this post to get neg repped with the comment "GROW THE F UP."

Still, I got pos repped as well. Odd that that post seems to strike a chord with SOME UM fans.

Green26
May 27th, 2009, 12:57 AM
This quote was in a Missoulian article today about possible tuition hikes at Montana:

"At a time when professors are using failing microphones to address 200 students in a lecture hall and books are falling apart, “the only thing I see is a larger football stadium,” Baldwin said. “It's the only thing under constant improvement.”

I wonder if she knows that the football program is one of the few (and perhaps only) program at UM, whether academic or athletic, that makes money?

The woman quoted is a student who appears to be in her mid-20's (judging by some of her other quotes).

kirkblitz
May 27th, 2009, 03:35 AM

**** FB, i would take my ass out of that school in a heart beat. 14% 2 semesters straight!

mvemjsunpx
May 27th, 2009, 05:28 AM
This quote was in a Missoulian article today about possible tuition hikes at Montana:

"At a time when professors are using failing microphones to address 200 students in a lecture hall and books are falling apart, “the only thing I see is a larger football stadium,” Baldwin said. “It's the only thing under constant improvement.”

I wonder if she knows that the football program is one of the few (and perhaps only) program at UM, whether academic or athletic, that makes money?

The football program exists to serve the academic aspects of the university, not the other way around. And since when are UM's academic departments supposed to make a profit? UM is a public, non-profit institution that exists to serve the population of Missoula as well as the state Montana. I'm not criticizing the stadium expansions because they have greatly helped to enhance ticket revenue, but they are only useful as long as the money continues to roll in and as long as that money is used for the rest of the university. I'm not sure if I'm disagreeing with you or not, but the language of your post makes it sound like you think the other departments should fend for themselves or that they should being constantly "kissing football's ass". I'm also not agreeing with the person you quoted in the article, either, since I really don't remember failing microphones or falling apart books from when I was there.

As for EWU and other athletic departments in trouble: if football is a financial black hole, then it should probably be cut. If football makes money or only goes slightly in the red, then it's OK because it brings people into the university. However, if the program loses so much money that increased enrollment or the "campus experience" can't justify it, then it needs to be canned. I doubt that's the case at EWU, but if it is, then football should be axed there as painful as it may sound.

To echo griz8791's comments, I really wouldn't worry just because some professor thinks football should be cut. When was the last time football got cut because a professor complained? If the university heads begin seriously discussing the issue or the wealthy donors feel their money is being wasted on or because of football, then EWU fans should worry…

Lehigh Football Nation
May 27th, 2009, 08:46 AM
To echo griz8791's comments, I really wouldn't worry just because some professor thinks football should be cut. When was the last time football got cut because a professor complained? If the university heads begin seriously discussing the issue or the wealthy donors feel their money is being wasted on or because of football, then EWU fans should worry…

Come on! There IS a serious discussion about canceling football at "smaller" schools going on nationally. Heck, Western Washington just pulled the plug on their D-II program because of financial reasons, and it seems like all state schools are facing a funding crisis - that's certainly the case in Washington State.

There are many many reasons for EWU to continue to sponsor football - and of course I want to see them continue! - but don't underestimate the seriousness of these types of discussions. Professors usually are pooh-poohed for saying stuff like this - but it has an effect. See the Patriot League, Ivy League, and Rutgers.

mvemjsunpx
May 27th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Come on! There IS a serious discussion about canceling football at "smaller" schools going on nationally. Heck, Western Washington just pulled the plug on their D-II program because of financial reasons, and it seems like all state schools are facing a funding crisis - that's certainly the case in Washington State.

There are many many reasons for EWU to continue to sponsor football - and of course I want to see them continue! - but don't underestimate the seriousness of these types of discussions. Professors usually are pooh-poohed for saying stuff like this - but it has an effect. See the Patriot League, Ivy League, and Rutgers.

Eastern Washington is a public school and isn't a private "academic prestige" institution like the PL & Ivy schools. They work in fundamentally different ways largely because private schools need to turn a profit while public schools do not; not to mention the academic excellence tradition thing that really defines those schools and doesn't really define EWU. I understand that WA is having a funding crisis, but I really doubt a professor or a small group of professors are really going to turn public opinion to their side here. If EWU football is really in trouble, it won't be because of this guy.

Also keep in mind that, though EWU's football attendance is no better than average by FCS standards, it was still 3 times higher than WWU's last year. As a result, cutting WWU football was obviously less painful than cutting EWU's would be. Also remember that CWU still has football. I'm guessing they would be on the chopping block before EWU since they have lower attendance and are in a far less stable conference affiliation situation than the Eagles are.

What exactly happened at the Patriot & Ivy schools? They all still have football (other than American, which dropped it a lifetime ago), don't they?

Green26
May 27th, 2009, 06:31 PM
mvemj, etc., why don't you just take the posts for what they say, not insinuate other stuff into them, and stop acting like you're looking for fight. It is not inflammatory to ask if the person making the statement knew whether the football dept. is the only dept. at the university to make a profit. That's a question. It doesn't imply that academic depts should be making a profit. My god.

Ronbo
May 27th, 2009, 08:55 PM

The woman quoted is a student who appears to be in her mid-20's (judging by some of her other quotes).

That's hilarious! There are new beautiful buildings going up all over the UM campus. They just completed a $100,000,000 donation campaign that the athletic department gets not a dime of.

griz8791
May 27th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Wow, I wouldn't expect this post to get neg repped with the comment "GROW THE F UP."

Still, I got pos repped as well. Odd that that post seems to strike a chord with SOME UM fans.

Seems like if Griz fans want to brag about boosting everyone else's attendance every other year they better be prepared for someone to play the "x many FBS schools within y many miles" card.

Tod
May 28th, 2009, 12:26 AM
The football program exists to serve the academic aspects of the university, not the other way around. And since when are UM's academic departments supposed to make a profit? UM is a public, non-profit institution that exists to serve the population of Missoula as well as the state Montana. I'm not criticizing the stadium expansions because they have greatly helped to enhance ticket revenue, but they are only useful as long as the money continues to roll in and as long as that money is used for the rest of the university. I'm not sure if I'm disagreeing with you or not, but the language of your post makes it sound like you think the other departments should fend for themselves or that they should being constantly "kissing football's ass". I'm also not agreeing with the person you quoted in the article, either, since I really don't remember failing microphones or falling apart books from when I was there.

As for EWU and other athletic departments in trouble: if football is a financial black hole, then it should probably be cut. If football makes money or only goes slightly in the red, then it's OK because it brings people into the university. However, if the program loses so much money that increased enrollment or the "campus experience" can't justify it, then it needs to be canned. I doubt that's the case at EWU, but if it is, then football should be axed there as painful as it may sound.

For anybody to attack the football team/stadium, when it's the ONLY athletic department that makes money, is ridiculous. The person (young woman, I guess) who made the comment is ignorant.

And I don't know when you graduated that you don't remember faulty mics or crumbling books, but maybe their the same ones that were there when you were? They just got older?

Tod
May 28th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Didn't this thread start out as a EWU thread?

mvemjsunpx
May 28th, 2009, 01:28 AM
For anybody to attack the football team/stadium, when it's the ONLY athletic department that makes money, is ridiculous. The person (young woman, I guess) who made the comment is ignorant.

And I don't know when you graduated that you don't remember faulty mics or crumbling books, but maybe their the same ones that were there when you were? They just got older?

I only graduated within the last 5 years. I'm not disagreeing with her comment being ridiculous, I was just challenging an implication that I mistakenly thought Green made that he wasn't making. And for the quoted woman to mention the books is a little weird since students buy the books anyway. It's not like high school where students have little choice but to use the provided textbooks no matter how crumbling they may be.

Didn't this thread start out as a EWU thread?

Yes, but we all know that threads about other Big Sky schools evolve into Montana discussions anyway. Face it, the other BSC teams are boring. xsmiley_wix

Tod
May 28th, 2009, 01:47 AM
I only graduated within the last 5 years. I'm not disagreeing with her comment being ridiculous, I was just challenging an implication that I mistakenly thought Green made that he wasn't making. And for the quoted woman to mention the books is a little weird since students buy the books anyway. It's not like high school where students have little choice but to use the provided textbooks no matter how crumbling they may be.

Yes, but we all know that threads about other Big Sky schools evolve into Montana discussions anyway. Face it, the other BSC teams are boring. xsmiley_wix

Well, I've never been to college, but maybe they're talking about the "special" books with the answers at the end. ;)

I Bleed Purple
May 28th, 2009, 02:14 AM
but we all know that threads about other Big Sky schools evolve into Montana discussions anyway. Face it, the other BSC teams are boring. xsmiley_wix

BOO!!!!

BOO!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

xwhistlex