PDA

View Full Version : CAA Forecast - Towson

jstclmet
May 22nd, 2009, 07:56 PM
The Pluses:
1. New Head Coach, New Philosophy, remaking team identity
2. Entire O-Line returns
3. 17 Starters return (8 Off, 8 Def, Punter)

The Negatives:
1. New Head Coach, New Philosophy, re-making team identity
2. Loss OF skill players (QB - Schaefer, WR - Breaux, PK & LB)
3. OT Bridges is 300 lbs. The rest of the O-Line is between 265 - 280 (small).
4. Running game avg'd 55 YPG last year. Offense was built around Schaefer. Passing game avg'd 231 YPG.
5. TU avg'd 20 PPG, and gave up 35 PPG.
6. New coach came after recruiting period. He may have to look to xfers for help.

On to the schedule;

9/5 @ Northwestern. This is just a payday for TU as Northwestern wins big 48 - 0.

9/12 Bye

9/19 vs Coastal Carolina. CCU didn't lose much from last year's team that crushed TU 31 - 3. Don't see this game being too much different. CCU 28 TU 7.

9/26 @ Morgan State. This is a game that TU needs, not sure they can pull it off. This used to be TU's gimme game. TU 14 - Morgan St. 13.

10/3 vs New Hampshire. The Cats are hungry and can't afford a let down here. UNH pressures the TU QB and forces several TO's. UNH 31 - TU 10.

10/10 @ Rhode Island. Both teams have new head coaches. Both teams have new QB's, URI has a little less coming back on "O", but looks a little more solid on Def. The game is at URI. URI 17 - TU 14.

10/17 vs Delaware. UD's defense will be good enough to apply pressure to the TU QB's. With no running game for TU, the TU defense will tire in the 2nd half. UD wins going away 27 - 13.

10/24 @ Northeastern. NU also has to break in a new QB, and has a lot less coming back on "O". However, NU owns the series between the two and have an experienced HC. Plus the game is @ NU. NU 21 - TU 16.

10/31 vs Richmond. UR is just too strong and runs over TU 42 - 7.

11/7 @ William & Mary. The Tribe is fighting for their playoff lives. They will not stumble here. W&M 24 - TU 0

11/14 vs Villanova. For whatever reason, TU gets up for Nova each year. I don't see any reason for that to change here. It will be the Seniors last game in front of their home fans. Nova outlasts TU 17 - 13.

11/21 @ James Madison. JMU's fighting for their playoff lives. TU playing for next year. JMU 38 - TU 14.

Overall 1 - 10, CAA 0 - 8.

93henfan
May 22nd, 2009, 08:22 PM
Towson will not be 1-10. I didn't bother reading the rest. I say Towson wins 4 or 5.

WMTribe90
May 22nd, 2009, 09:13 PM
Two to four wins, I'll say three.

GannonFan
May 22nd, 2009, 10:06 PM
9/26 @ Morgan State. This is a game that TU needs, not sure they can pull it off. This used to be TU's gimme game. TU 14 - Morgan St. 13.

Gimme game? When? In the past 15 years, only 3 games have been decided by more than a TD. Towson has always struggled with their cross-town rival. It's glaring detail flaws like this that you have a penchant for.

With that said, Towson is going to stink this year, no doubt. But that's a gimme forecast to make. :p

Hoyadestroya85
May 22nd, 2009, 10:08 PM
Schaefer was a stud.. always played great against Villanova. I think they'll win more than 1 game this season.. maybe not much.. and they'll sneak in at least one CAA win

blukeys
May 22nd, 2009, 10:27 PM
Towaon is in the toughest FCS Division in the country. How far they go will be a better achievelment then coming in second in the Big Fluffy Sky conference!!!xsmiley_wixxsmiley_wixxsmiley_wixxsmi ley_wixxsmiley_wixxsmiley_wixxsmiley_wixxsmiley_wi x

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 22nd, 2009, 11:15 PM
They'll beat Morgan, Rhody, Coastal, and upset one CAA south team.

JmuSkinsfan
May 23rd, 2009, 12:23 AM
Towson will be putrid this year. 2-9 would be generous in my opinion... they may night win a game!

Tribe4SF
May 23rd, 2009, 06:58 AM
URI and Northeastern look like their possible CAA wins. I think URI will be better, and see them as favored over Towson, and they get both on the road. Morgan State and CCU are possibilities, but Morgan should be better this year as well, and CCU killed them last year. The rest of the schedule is brutal, facing seven teams with good defenses that will make it tough for the Schaeffer-less Tigers to be in any of the games. I think they'll do well to get 3 wins.

blur2005
May 23rd, 2009, 11:44 AM
What's the QB situation looking like? With the large number of starters returning, having a serviceable QB might make them competitive...maybe...

jmufan999
May 23rd, 2009, 12:17 PM
let's just tell it like it is. Towson is not good.

Monarch History
May 24th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Towson wins two games in this year's campaign.

Uncle Buck
May 24th, 2009, 07:05 AM
It's a tough slate, especially the second half of the season. I'm thinking possible wins over Morgan, Coastal, URI, Northeastern, maybe an upset to get to five.

bluehenbillk
May 24th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Don't get beer goggles with this team, Towson is ugly this year.

Dukie95
May 27th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Can I find 3 wins out of Morgan St., CCU, Northeastern, URI?

Maybe. 3 wins would be a great year for them.

I'm going to go with 2, however, because NU and URI are on the road.

math123
May 30th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Impossible to tell how good this team will be with new offense and defensive systems, new quarterback, new coaches and not sure how many transfers Ambrose will pick up over the summer. If he doesn't bring in any singificant transfers, look for 3-4 wins tops. Defense will be better, signficantly better. Better coached. Brady Smith addition will help at defensive end and they had some quality guys sitting out.

Offense struggled in the spring as they were attempting to run the ball more and use more I-formations. But believe me, this will be the last year Towson will be a doormat.

jstclmet
June 17th, 2009, 01:24 PM
andy7171, giving you my best Lurch like imitation "YOU RAAAANG!!!!!"xpeacex

andy7171
June 17th, 2009, 01:38 PM
I'm not looking forward to this year. Our defense should be better with a couple transfers, one namely Brady Smith a DE from BC. The O-line was attrocious last year with injuries and everyone knowing it was pass 9 times out of 10.
Ambrose is a great recruiter and has given the team a rude awakening this past spring. An attitude adjustment was severely needed.

I voted 3-4 wins. More likely another 3-8 season.

Getting rid of the OC/old HC was a huge step forward, unfortunately it cost Gordy his job.

Uncle Buck
June 17th, 2009, 03:20 PM
I look at every team with rose colored glasses, and sometimes beer goggles. I hate to peg a team as "putrid", you just never know. But sure, the more i look at the schedule the more difficult it will be to get 3-4 wins with turnover in key areas.

Green26
June 17th, 2009, 03:33 PM
The Oregon transfer qb, Justin Roper, is planning to visit Towson. While he would improve their team, he'd be crazy to go there due to their lack of success.

Jackman
June 17th, 2009, 03:41 PM
I voted 3-4 wins, but think 2 wins is more likely than 4. I'm giving them Morgan and @NU, a decent chance @URI, and some chance against Coastal. The rest of the schedule is wall-to-wall playoff contenders or FBS.

andy7171
June 17th, 2009, 08:54 PM
I look at every team with rose colored glasses, and sometimes beer goggles. I hate to peg a team as "putrid", you just never know. But sure, the more i look at the schedule the more difficult it will be to get 3-4 wins with turnover in key areas.

Hey UB, I'm gonna fight you, ...again.
But this this it wont be in a hurricane! You MF'er!

:p

MF'er ruined my college careerxmadxxmadx!xpeacex

Cobblestone
June 17th, 2009, 09:19 PM
10/10 @ Rhode Island. Both teams have new head coaches. Both teams have new QB's, URI has a little less coming back on "O", but looks a little more solid on Def. The game is at URI. URI 17 - TU 14.

xhurrayx

Great way to start my Columbus Day weekend.

LBPop
June 18th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Being a DC guy I noticed that when the Washington Post released the list of signings from the area, Towson did pretty well. I saw a few of them play, and Towson got some quality kids from good programs. Of course it will take a couple of years to see it they can really help.

And I must say that I was disappointed that nobody has mentioned the loss of Marcus Lee as significant. Perhaps he wasn't flashy enough, but it would seem that losing the program's all time leading receiver would make a little difference. xrolleyesx

DFW HOYA
June 18th, 2009, 02:32 PM
And I must say that I was disappointed that nobody has mentioned the loss of Marcus Lee as significant. Perhaps he wasn't flashy enough, but it would seem that losing the program's all time leading receiver would make a little difference. xrolleyesx

No one noticed the two losses in Georgetown's backfield either, certainly not the Washington Post. But that's for another thread.

GannonFan
June 18th, 2009, 02:53 PM
No one noticed the two losses in Georgetown's backfield either, certainly not the Washington Post. But that's for another thread.

Georgetown's playing football these days??? xlolxxlolx:p

LBPop
June 18th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Georgetown's playing football these days??? xlolxxlolx:p

Of course not...it's June. ;)