PDA

View Full Version : TN WR transfers to Furman

nick9c
May 21st, 2009, 10:39 AM
Rumor is that Tennessee WR Tyler Maples is now a Furman Paladin. Tyler is a former Class 4A Mr. Football winner from Maryville, TN, whose HS coach was a former Furman grad and player. He was a rivals 3-star recruit and will be a sophomore at Furman.

OL FU
May 21st, 2009, 10:41 AM
Rumor is that Tennessee WR Tyler Maples is now a Furman Paladin. Tyler is a former Class 4A Mr. Football winner from Maryville, TN, whose HS coach was a former Furman grad and player. He was a rivals 3-star recruit and will be a sophomore at Furman.

That could go a long way to shoring up our injury prone receivers. xnodx

citdog
May 21st, 2009, 10:41 AM

well let me be the first to welcome tyler....

VERMIN SCUM!

OL FU
May 21st, 2009, 10:43 AM

VERMIN SCUM!

If historical trends remain, the next time you beat us will be after he graduates:D

GannonFan
May 21st, 2009, 10:54 AM
As 89Hen has said...

Transfers=Cheaters. Shame on FU for going down the road of sin and taking in *gasp* transfers. xsmhxxsmhxxlolx

nick9c
May 21st, 2009, 10:57 AM
It's OK, Delaware still holds the title of "Transfer U".

OL FU
May 21st, 2009, 11:04 AM
As 89Hen has said...

Transfers=Cheaters. Shame on FU for going down the road of sin and taking in *gasp* transfers. xsmhxxsmhxxlolx

I, like you, have learned in many cases transfers = winnersxnodx excluding the 2008 hens of coursexsmiley_wix:p

GannonFan
May 21st, 2009, 11:10 AM
It's OK, Delaware still holds the title of "Transfer U".

Agreed, we do get the best of the best. Btw, the guy's name is spelled "D-E-V-L-I-N". I'm sure it will come up again!! xthumbsupx

apaladin
May 22nd, 2009, 08:35 AM
This has not been officially announced but the Chattanooga paper has said Maples will sign with Furman. There is also a rumor of a Michigan St transfer to FU.

phillyAPP
May 22nd, 2009, 08:44 AM

VERMIN SCUM!

So refreshing to read your Welcome, CitDog !!!!!!!!!!!

And may i start this weekend by saying:

THANK YOU TO ALL AMERICAN VETS, PAST AND PRESENT !!!!!!!!

ElSissy
May 22nd, 2009, 08:47 AM
Agreed, we do get the best of the best. Btw, the guy's name is spelled "D-E-V-L-I-N". I'm sure it will come up again!! xthumbsupx

You guys are certainly putting a lot of faith in Devlin. I'm not sure he's the best of the best. He couldn't win that starting spot at Penn State.

OL FU
May 22nd, 2009, 08:48 AM
So refreshing to read your Welcome, CitDog !!!!!!!!!!!

And may i start this weekend by saying:

THANK YOU TO ALL AMERICAN VETS, PAST AND PRESENT !!!!!!!!

Since this is Memorial Day weekend where we honor those that fell and we all know citdog died during the War of Northern Aggression and has returned only to remind us of the correct name(s) of the Late Unpleasantness. xsmiley_wix

I agree with your statements.

SideLine Shooter
May 22nd, 2009, 10:00 AM
I, like you, have learned in many cases transfers = winnersxnodx excluding the 2008 hens of coursexsmiley_wix:p

and the 2007 hens!xnodx

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 22nd, 2009, 10:01 AM
You guys are certainly putting a lot of faith in Devlin. I'm not sure he's the best of the best. He couldn't win that starting spot at Penn State.

Apparantly he was in a very tight QB race with Darryll Clark, but Clark won out because he already had a full year of starting.

What you're saying about the hype is true, though. He'll be good, but people expecting another Joe Flacco may very well be disappointed.

PaladinFan
May 22nd, 2009, 01:00 PM
Good pick up for the Paladins. The receiving corps last year lacked the ability to stretch the field. The 2009 edition will add Maples to a veteran group of good possession receivers. If RJ Webb returns and shows even moderate levels of the talent I've seen him play with, the Paladins could have a unit that rivals any receiving corps in the conference.

RJ Webb, though, is the big key. The kid has been absolutely incredible to watch in the time he's been healthy. Only problem is he's had two knee surgeries in two years. If he's good to go, he's right up there with Hudgins in the "SoCon playmaking reciever" category.

Hoyadestroya85
May 22nd, 2009, 02:20 PM
Apparantly he was in a very tight QB race with Darryll Clark, but Clark won out because he already had a full year of starting.

What you're saying about the hype is true, though. He'll be good, but people expecting another Joe Flacco may very well be disappointed.

Clark didn't have a full year of starting.. He won because he was a better fit for the spread because he can make plays with his legs and his arm. Devlin should be good.

ChickenMan
May 22nd, 2009, 02:37 PM

I doubt that any sane UD fan ever expects to see another NFL 1st round QB playing for the Hens.. but there's no doubt the Devlin is going to be a huge improvement over the QB disaster that UD experienced in '08.

ElSissy
May 23rd, 2009, 02:26 AM

Clark didn't have a full year as a starter. He was Anthony Morelli's backup in 2007. 2008 was DC's first year as a starter.

PaladinFan
May 23rd, 2009, 08:03 AM
I doubt that any sane UD fan ever expects to see another NFL 1st round QB playing for the Hens.. but there's no doubt the Devlin is going to be a huge improvement over the QB disaster that UD experienced in '08.

I certainly think he could be an improvement over what UD put out at Quarterback last season. Am I wrong, or did UD graduate that big UConn back, Love at receiver, and Argonne at TE? Those will be tough to replace.