PDA

View Full Version : Problem for ODU, but a good Problem

Monarch History
May 20th, 2009, 01:16 PM
ODU has a problem but it's a good problem.xthumbsupx

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/05/odu-looks-temporary-expansion-foreman-field

It will be interesting to see the proposed configuation and the number of additional seats. The plan was always to expand, but not this soon.

GannonFan
May 20th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Never any doubt that ODU would be a major player at this level - just too much of a solid following in every other sport to think otherwise. Before they even play a game they'll have about 2k more season tix than UD and at least 10k more than whoever was behind UD in that department. Heck, I think only Montana will have more season tix holders than ODU will, and that's before they even take a snap.

Shockerman
May 20th, 2009, 01:21 PM
impressive and it should be noted we in Shockerland are jealous. Great job ODU.

jmufan999
May 20th, 2009, 01:24 PM
hey i just realized that ODU will provide another in-state conference game i can go see on the road! cool. i'll add that to W&M and UR. so hurry up and start playing a CAA schedule.

bluehenbillk
May 20th, 2009, 01:28 PM
How dumb do the people at ODU feel that they never had football before and were missing out on this opportunity?? Think the idiots at George Mason & Va Commonwealth are paying attention??

It's good to see a school like ODU come in right away & blow away the lack of followings the CAA North represents...(well maybe outside of UMass)

DFW HOYA
May 20th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Hope the non-CAA teams can get tickets as well. Hope there will be a more than a few Hoyas fans heading down there on 10/31.

89Hen
May 20th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Sources within the athletic department said the “Family Plan” season-ticket package was acutely oversold. The plan, which offered a four-pack with two adult tickets and two children’s tickets, went for $290
xeekx I think I paid $175 for my family four pack at UD this year. Cripes, this is incredible.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 20th, 2009, 02:02 PM
How dumb do the people at ODU feel that they never had football before and were missing out on this opportunity?? Think the idiots at George Mason & Va Commonwealth are paying attention??

Yes I do.

WileECoyote06
May 20th, 2009, 03:23 PM
xeekx I think I paid $175 for my family four pack at UD this year. Cripes, this is incredible.
Our family pack is only like 150. I hope i can get tickets to their homecoming game against us, but it isn't looking likely.

mcveyrl
May 20th, 2009, 03:25 PM

Ours is $200, but the children's tickets are no different. So until my daughter turns 3, we've got an extra ticket.

Ours also come with concession vouchers (one drink and food item per person).

DFW HOYA
May 20th, 2009, 03:28 PM

The vote to add football at George Mason fell one vote short in 1999.

WileECoyote06
May 20th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Ours is $200, but the children's tickets are no different. So until my daughter turns 3, we've got an extra ticket.

Ours also come with concession vouchers (one drink and food item per person).

We dont' get vouchers, but our kids tickets are no different, as well. I use them to work on clients and for dates.

grizband
May 20th, 2009, 04:11 PM
My two season tickets will cost in the neighborhood of $300 for the Griz this year.

89Hen
May 20th, 2009, 04:44 PM
My two season tickets will cost in the neighborhood of $300 for the Griz this year.
That's about the same for UD, but the family plans are a lot cheaper. I'm not looking forward to the day my kids are too old. I will end up paying more for my wife and I than all four of us. xpeacex

mcveyrl
May 20th, 2009, 04:46 PM
That's about the same for UD, but the family plans are a lot cheaper. I'm not looking forward to the day my kids are too old. I will end up paying more for my wife and I than all four of us. xpeacex

Same here, but we've got a ways to go on that one. Oldest is 4.

I actually think JMU might be discontinuing the family pack (or raising the price substantially), but those who purchased the pack in the past can still buy it. My wife takes care of that stuff and I remember her saying something about it.

BearsCountry
May 20th, 2009, 06:48 PM
impressive and it should be noted we in Shockerland are jealous. Great job ODU.

They should be the program you guys benchmark in your quest to get football back.

Wildcat80
May 20th, 2009, 07:07 PM

It's good to see a school like ODU come in right away & blow away the lack of followings the CAA North represents...(well maybe outside of UMass)

I am envious of there new stadium. HOWEVER lets wait to see if they can win any games before you throw too many stones up North. There are plenty of empty new stadiums around--including in the caa south --from teams that lose too much.xbawlingx

AppMan
May 20th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Del, JMU, ODU, ASU, GSU, ... sounds like the makings of a good conference.

DaBigBlue
May 20th, 2009, 09:56 PM
The beat writter posted a blog about ODU ticket sales.
http://hamptonroads.com/2009/05/get-ready-some-uncomfortable-moments

I hope they don't piss off the new fans, it would be hard to get them back.

The study that was done when they voted on football at ODU, said we would avg around 6K the first few years.

Syntax Error
May 20th, 2009, 10:38 PM
ODU has a problem but it's a good problem.
Already posted http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59642

jonmac
May 21st, 2009, 09:25 AM

xeyebrowxNot sure why you posted that but so what? This is where those stories are discussed. It is the discussion forum. Check out the post counts on the News Feed. I think that forum serves a purpose but this is the better forum to DISCUSS those stories.

I hope I'm able to get up to Norfolk and go to one of the games. It'll be nice to see some FCS football in my back yard, even it isn't the Mountaineers. I'm also hoping the App will make a trip to ODU one of these days.

GannonFan
May 21st, 2009, 10:24 AM

xeyebrowxNot sure why you posted that but so what? This is where those stories are discussed. It is the discussion forum. Check out the post counts on the News Feed. I think that forum serves a purpose but this is the better forum to DISCUSS those stories.

I hope I'm able to get up to Norfolk and go to one of the games. It'll be nice to see some FCS football in my back yard, even it isn't the Mountaineers. I'm also hoping the App will make a trip to ODU one of these days.

Agree with jonmac here - people discuss topics here, not on the news feeds. And there's been plenty of times when the news feeds show up after posts have been made in the discussion forums, hence why the feeds are in their own separate area. If you like the feeds, great, no reason to sour discussion here because of them. xpeacex