PDA

View Full Version : RRRRRRRRRRRROAD TRIP!

Cobblestone
May 19th, 2009, 11:52 AM
How many of you are planning to follow your team on the road this season? How many games and which ones?

For me it'll be UMASS on 9/19 and New Hampshire on 11/7.

ToTheLeft
May 19th, 2009, 11:55 AM
I plan on going to LU @ WVU, and maybe LU @ GWU. CSU, Stony Brook and Laffy are just too far away.

TexasTerror
May 19th, 2009, 11:55 AM
SHSU @ Southeastern Louisiana! ;)

henfan
May 19th, 2009, 11:56 AM
All of them.

Bull Fan
May 19th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Hofstra fan from LI. Would like to see the FLYING DUTCHMEN for either (or both) Rhode Island trips this year- URI and / or Bryant.

andy7171
May 19th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Me and my boyz might be making the roadie up to URI. It's been talked about several times at get togethers. Two of our friends live up just over the RI/MA border in Wrentham(?) Prepare yourself.

Still unsure if I'm going to Chicago for the Northwestern game. Definately taking the family down to Wiliamsburg this Fall and trying to drink all SF's Busch Light.

Monarch Nation
May 19th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Driving up from Central Florida for the first ODU game Sept 5th, and going to the game at Jax two weeks later.

89Hen
May 19th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Hope to get to the Navy game this November. Have been most years but missed the last one for a kids soccer game. Others will also be dependant on kids too.

Hens really screwed me this year at home. They normally play the first three home games at 7pm, but only the first game is 7pm and that's a Friday so it wouldn't matter. Richmond is a 3:30 start and DelSt is a Noon. Chances are slim that they won't conflict with soccer. xoopsx

I do luck out on the distance this year. Maine is the only Hen game that is more than 2.5 to 3 hours for me to get to...

West Chester 100 miles
Richmond 100 miles
Delaware State 100 miles
at William & Mary 140 miles
at Maine really far
Massachusetts 100 miles
at Towson 60 miles
James Madison 100 miles
Hofstra 100 miles
at Navy 50 miles
at Villanova 140 miles

appmaj
May 19th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Moving to Florida makes it way more possible now!!

andy7171
May 19th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Hope to get to the Navy game this November. Have been most years but missed the last one for a kids soccer game. Others will also be dependant on kids too.

Hens really screwed me this year at home. They normally play the first three home games at 7pm, but only the first game is 7pm and that's a Friday so it wouldn't matter. Richmond is a 3:30 start and DelSt is a Noon. Chances are slim that they won't conflict with soccer. xoopsx

I do luck out on the distance this year. Maine is the only Hen game that is more than 2.5 to 3 hours for me to get to...

West Chester 100 miles
Richmond 100 miles
Delaware State 100 miles
at William & Mary 140 miles
at Maine really far
Massachusetts 100 miles
at Towson 60 miles
James Madison 100 miles
Hofstra 100 miles
at Navy 50 miles
at Villanova 140 miles

It ain't 60 miles to Towson or Navy! You go that far, you're in Delaware! xlolx

Tribe4SF
May 19th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Plan to make all W&M games except URI, and I may still make that. Road trips to....

9/5 UVA
9/19 Norfolk State
10/4 Villanova
10/10 Northeastern
11/21 Richmond

Bull Fan
May 19th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Delaware State 100 miles

I didn't realize Delaware is that big! xlolx xpeacex

biggie
May 19th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Heading to ECU for first game and definately the Elon game (though that's closer than going to a home game for me). Hope to make it to some others since all are in NC or SC, but depends on money.

89Hen
May 19th, 2009, 12:31 PM
It ain't 60 miles to Towson or Navy! You go that far, you're in Delaware! xlolx
Sure it is. 100 miles from my driveway to the Tub on the button and as you know the Tub is in DE by only a couple feet. :p BTW, I said 50 for Navy, but it may be 45.

dgreco
May 19th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Fordham, maybe Albany, Sacred Heart and Monmouth.

Umass74
May 19th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Right now I have plans for :

Kansas State (second visit)
Delaware
Richmond
Maine

Looks like I won't be going to Hofstra

BigHouseClosedEnd
May 19th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I will see Richmond play at Duke, Delaware, JMU and possibly Towson.

GeauxMcNeese
May 19th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Geauxing to Tulane and likely a conference trip somewhere. Would love to go to App, but don't see how I can make it work.

chrisattsu
May 19th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Texas State games-
Bobcats @ TCU.

Tarleton games-
Texans @ A&I
Homecoming vs. Abilene Christian

ASUG8
May 19th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Furman for sure - it's :10 away and Halloween
Wofford - :30 away
The Citadel - 3 hrs.
I'd like to see McNeese/ASU and GSU/ASU in Boone - probably one or the other
Never been to Elon - 3 hrs.

ToTheLeft
May 19th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Furman for sure - it's :10 away and Halloween
Wofford - :30 away
The Citadel - 3 hrs.
I'd like to see McNeese/ASU and GSU/ASU in Boone - probably one or the other
Never been to Elon - 3 hrs.

Elon is a nice little place to see a game. Worth the trip IMO.

Eaglesrus
May 19th, 2009, 01:43 PM
At this point I'm expecting to travel to:

Spartanburg, SC for our game with Wofford on 10/3
Chapel Hill, NC for our game with UNC on 10/10
Boone, NC for our game with App State on 10/24
Birmingham, AL for our game with Samford on 11/7

According to Map Quest those four round-trips total about 2,600 miles.

SunCoastBlueHen
May 19th, 2009, 01:43 PM
I hope to road trip to see a Delaware home game this year. Right now I'm looking at September 12th to see the Spidahs and Hens in Newark.

citdog
May 19th, 2009, 01:54 PM
North Carolina, Princeton, Elon, The "whee, Chatt, Pigs Ass, Ga

jstclmet
May 19th, 2009, 02:01 PM
9/3 @ Temple (Thu Night), will be there xthumbsupx
9/19 @ UPenn (most likely Sat afternoon), will be there. xcoolx
10/10 @ UNH (probably Sat afternoon), would like to go, but not sure as of yet.
10/17 @ JMU, (again probably Sat afternoon), must go. Left with bad taste after last visit.xmadx
10/7 @ UR (game will begin in the daylight and end @ night). Again, must go, we got robbed last time there. xnonox
10/14 @ TU (most likely an afternoon game). I hate this game. Has "TRAP" written all over it. TU just never goes away quietly. I'll be there. xoopsx

hippy@GSU
May 19th, 2009, 02:01 PM
--Chapel Hill for the GSU-UNC game
--Boone for the GSU-ASU game

hippy@GSU
May 19th, 2009, 02:04 PM
--Chapel Hill, NC for the GSU-UNC game
--Boone, NC for the GSU-ASU game (I better get PMs full of tailgating advice from you App. folks!!:) )

(All of this on a college student budget)

Uncle Buck
May 19th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I'll definitely head up to the Bryant game and maybe hit URI and UD if possible, but at worst i'll make one of those games.

89Hen
May 19th, 2009, 02:13 PM
9/3 @ Temple (Thu Night), will be there xthumbsupx
Is that at the Linc?

Oh, and what about @ Delaware? You're not going to that one?

GannonFan
May 19th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Is that at the Linc?

Oh, and what about @ Delaware? You're not going to that one?

Well, although it feels like a UD home game with the makeup of the crowd and the ample tailgating, the UD/nova game is on the Main Line this year.

For me, I'm roadtripping to Towson, Navy, and nova this year. I'll be missing out on W&M (gorgeous stadium, but despise the poor sightlines in that place - too far to drive for such a minimal view of the game) and on Maine this year (just way, way too far).

89Hen
May 19th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Well, although it feels like a UD home game with the makeup of the crowd and the ample tailgating, the UD/nova game is on the Main Line this year.
I know you spoiler. xmadx :p

GSUhooligan
May 19th, 2009, 02:43 PM
All roads games but South Dakota.

BigHouseClosedEnd
May 19th, 2009, 02:54 PM
10/7 @ UR (game will begin in the daylight and end @ night). Again, must go, we got robbed last time there. xnonox

How did you get 'robbed' down here in '07? Or did you actually venture into the wrong neighborhood of Richmond and literally get robbed?

jstclmet
May 19th, 2009, 03:00 PM
I know you spoiler. xmadx :p

Keep fishin, maybe one day, you'll get lucky xpeacex

89Hen
May 19th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Keep fishin, maybe one day, you'll get lucky xpeacex
Ah, you would have fallen for it but a Hen beat you to it. I guess you're used to that. :p

AtlantaMountaineer
May 19th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Tradition: Away games at Wofford and Furman, since its only a little over 2 hours from ATL. Already ordered my tickets with the App season ticket order.

jstclmet
May 19th, 2009, 03:09 PM
How did you get 'robbed' down here in '07? Or did you actually venture into the wrong neighborhood of Richmond and literally get robbed?

35 - 27 UR in 07.

We got you last year in our place, and are on a mission to do it again at your place. Will the new field be ready by then???

Gil Dobie
May 19th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Homes games are 3.5 hour drives, one-way, so every home game is a road trip for me. Might skip the UNI game if Cap'n Cat is planning on going though. :p

ASUG8
May 19th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Tradition: Away games at Wofford and Furman, since its only a little over 2 hours from ATL. Already ordered my tickets with the App season ticket order.

If you can remember, PM me for both.

biggie
May 19th, 2009, 03:21 PM
If you can remember, PM me for both.
Really hope to make it to one or both of those, so may need some hotel advice when they get close.

jstclmet
May 19th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Ah, you would have fallen for it but a Hen beat you to it. I guess you're used to that. :p

Oh yea, the game with Temple is at the Linc. If ya can, come on out and root for a winner. Might be ya last chance before the UD season starts xnodx.

As for the season finale, you and all of your Blue Hen brotheren are more than welcome at the Mainline. The more the merrier. We're close too, so you don't have to travel too far to watch some good football. xsmiley_wix

Our home schedule is not too bad either. We have that all powerful and mighty Lehigh squad coming in on 9/12. Probably afternoon game, and very hot/humid. xeekx

On 10/3, we have W&M, the new up and coming dominant force from the south, or at least SE VA. ;)

After that, our next meaningful home game will be our playoff opener, probably Holy Cross???xchinscratchx

GannonFan
May 19th, 2009, 03:27 PM
As for the season finale, you and all of your Blue Hen brotheren are more than welcome at the Mainline. The more the merrier. We're close too, so you don't have to travel too far to watch some good football. xsmiley_wix

Of course we are welcome up there - without the Blue Hen Nation coming up every other year, and the nice financial boon that comes along with it, nova football might not even exist. You're welcome, btw. :p

Hood
May 19th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Assuming I don't get messed over by any hurricanes, I'm going to the Nicholls @ LA Tech game for sure.

I'm trying to convince the girlfriend that we need to go to the SHSU game.

FargoBison
May 19th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Two for me this year...

@Iowa State
@South Dakota State

BEAR
May 19th, 2009, 04:24 PM
I would really like to go to the UCA v. Hawaii game. If you would like to help sponsor me, just pm me and I'll give you the details on how you can make my dream come true! xlolx

But most likely I'll go to all the SLC games and the Western Kentucky game. xthumbsupx

89Hen
May 19th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Oh yea, the game with Temple is at the Linc.
And I assume the Penn game is at Franklin. Two great venues in Philly to see a game. I thought UD had it good with so many close away games, but having two "away" games in Philly at places that accomodate as many Nova fans as you can bring is pretty cool. xthumbsupx

GannonFan
May 19th, 2009, 04:53 PM
And I assume the Penn game is at Franklin. Two great venues in Philly to see a game. I thought UD had it good with so many close away games, but having two "away" games in Philly at places that accomodate as many Nova fans as you can bring is pretty cool. xthumbsupx

Of course, sometimes those games at Penn are actually "home" games for nova. xlolxxlolxxlolx

jstclmet
May 19th, 2009, 05:40 PM

Yes, the UPenn game is at FF.

Nova doesn't have a bad away schedule. The 3 long trips are UR (5 - 6 hrs), Harrisonburg (5 - 6hrs), & UNH. I haven't done the math yet, but I'm sure it's in that 6 hr range from the Mainline. I'm sure other schools/fans have it far worse.

Making that 12 hr roundtrip ride two weeks in a row (UNH/JMU) might be a bit much. On top of that, I coach Pop Warner on Sundays. Those late/early morning returns can wear ya down.

crusader11
May 19th, 2009, 06:16 PM
All of them.

Ditto.

Hoyadestroya85
May 19th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Probably just Temple and Penn.. possibly another, not sure

Grizo406
May 19th, 2009, 06:42 PM
I'm thinking about a trip to Flagstaff this fall, to attend the first ever "Lumberjack Revenge", and watch the Griz/NAU game.

Should be a fun time, and its been reported that a lot of "interesting folks" will be in attendance. Early signs seem to indicate that this is a "Can't Miss" event...but just rumors at this point.

If I don't make it to the NAU game, I'll just have to wait to see who the Griz play in Chattanooga, and make that road trip...xwhistlexxwhistlexxwhistlexxwhistlexxlolx

McNeese72
May 19th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Huh?? All of them as usual, of course! What else is there?

Doc

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 19th, 2009, 08:13 PM
10/10 @ UNH (probably Sat afternoon), would like to go, but not sure as of yet.

Most definitely on Saturday afternoon since we don't have lights! UNH games usually start at Noon. The Battle of the Wildcats is Homecoming at UNH which means significantly over capacity crowds and probably gridlock getting into the stadium area. Although I've heard they've got some new traffic flow plans. Last year I hit gridlock three hours before kickoff! xmadx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 19th, 2009, 08:24 PM
9/12 @ Ball State; Muncie, IN
10/3 @ Towson -- Natty Boh's and Octoberfest brews with Andy; Fells Point post game
10/17 @ UMass -- Bub's BBQ post game
10/25 @ Hofstra -- Blue Point Toasted Lagers with Uncle Buck and Bull Fan
11/14 @ William & Mary -- xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx Not sure about this one yet, but if I make it there will be tailgating with 4SF!!! xnodx

Home games are 2:45 one way for me. Season ticket holder although I usually miss a game or two due to work and/or an annual family vacation.

Looking forward to knocking down some Tuckerman's and Newport Storm's with Cobblestone!!! And the usual tailgating feast with Husky Alum!!! Hopefully, I won't have ventured off to Florida before those games. xoopsx

TTUEagles
May 19th, 2009, 09:19 PM
I'm headed to Tennessee Tech at Kansas State (Manhattan, anyone?) and TTU at Georgia!

crabby terrier
May 19th, 2009, 10:22 PM
south fla 9/5
wisconsin 9/19
western 10/24
citadel 11/7
furman 11/21

i can't make it to chattanooga but i think i can make the rest!!!xthumbsupx
hope we get through usf and wisconsin with few injuries. those badgers have alot of beef on their line!xeekx

PantherRob82
May 19th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Hopefully all of them.

89Hen
May 20th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Huh?? All of them as usual, of course! What else is there?

Doc
Last game missed Doc?

jmufan999
May 20th, 2009, 08:45 AM
at Liberty... 1 hour
at W&M...... 2 hours
at UD (possibly).... 4 hours, yikes

then, of course, i won't have to go anywhere since we'll be playing our playoff games at home again this year.

kidding. but that would be cool.

Cobblestone
May 20th, 2009, 09:40 AM
9/12 @ Ball State; Muncie, IN
10/3 @ Towson -- Natty Boh's and Octoberfest brews with Andy; Fells Point post game
10/17 @ UMass -- Bub's BBQ post game
11/14 @ William & Mary -- xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx Not sure about this one yet, but if I make it there will be tailgating with 4SF!!! xnodx

Home games are 2:45 one way for me. Season ticket holder although I usually miss a game or two due to work and/or an annual family vacation.

Looking forward to knocking down some Tuckerman's and Newport Storm's with Cobblestone!!! And the usual tailgating feast with Husky Alum!!! Hopefully, I won't have ventured off to Florida before those games. xoopsx

I'll be there and I'll bring the Newport Storms but they are all yours. As always I'm looking forward to the Tuckerman's xbowx. I'll also be delivering those pizza strips from that Italian family bakery xbowx. Hope you'll be able to attend.

UAalum72
May 20th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Hope to get to Georgia Southern, haven't decided between a two-day drive each way or flying on Labor Day weekend.

UMass probable depending on my golf league's end-of-season tournament.

Monmouth likely, St. Francis and Wagner possible (what else is retirement for?)

Central Connecticut would be likely depending whether I'd get home in time to help the bride with the 300+ monsters who'll visit on Halloween.

danefan
May 20th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Hope to get to Georgia Southern, haven't decided between a two-day drive each way or flying on Labor Day weekend.

UMass probable depending on my golf league's end-of-season tournament.

Monmouth likely, St. Francis and Wagner possible (what else is retirement for?)

Central Connecticut would be likely depending whether I'd get home in time to help the bride with the 300+ monsters who'll visit on Halloween.

I think they are doing a fan charter to GSU like they did to Montana two years ago.

McNeese72
May 20th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Last game missed Doc?

Actually it hasn't been that long. Missed the Nicholls game in Thibodaux in 2007 because of my stepmother's funeral. Before that it was the NAU playoff game in 2003. I had a bad case of the flu and my wife refused to let me go. :)

Chris B. is the one that hasn't missed a game in a gazillion years. I think his streak is somewhere between 350 and 400 consecutive games now.

Doc

89Hen
May 20th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Actually it hasn't been that long. Missed the Nicholls game in Thibodaux in 2007 because of my stepmother's funeral. Before that it was the NAU playoff game in 2003. I had a bad case of the flu and my wife refused to let me go. :)

Chris B. is the one that hasn't missed a game in a gazillion years. I think his streak is somewhere between 350 and 400 consecutive games now.

Doc
xoopsx That's right.

Monarch History
May 20th, 2009, 02:34 PM
I'm planning on going to Savannah State, Fordham and VMI in this ODU's first year.

Uncle Buck
May 20th, 2009, 02:55 PM

I owe you a few since i couldn't get up to UNH last year. xthumbsupx

g-webb1994
May 20th, 2009, 03:29 PM
at Western Carolina
at Presbyterian

can't make at NC State due to work:(

ngineer
May 20th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Lehigh has only four away games this year,and I'll definitely will make two (Villanova and Fordham). Bucknell and Colgate are on weekends that will be tough to take a lot of time away.

dgreco
May 20th, 2009, 05:06 PM
I'll definitely head up to the Bryant game and maybe hit URI and UD if possible, but at worst i'll make one of those games.

you will enjoy coming to bryant. Make sure it check out Parente's, known as rente's, either before or after the game. There is usually some tailgating, but not a lot for that early. Homecoming, parents and family weekend are the two big weekends where the lot gets full with people.

slycat
May 20th, 2009, 06:04 PM
I may drive to San Marcos once or twice. And I plan on to the TCU.

Cobblestone
May 20th, 2009, 07:09 PM
you will enjoy coming to bryant. Make sure it check out Parente's, known as rente's, either before or after the game. There is usually some tailgating, but not a lot for that early. Homecoming, parents and family weekend are the two big weekends where the lot gets full with people.

I'll second that one. Parente's has GREAT Italian food. I don't get to that part of the state very often but I am glad to hear that place is still there.

DFW HOYA
May 20th, 2009, 07:29 PM
I didn't get to any road games last year other than Yale but would like to see the Holy Cross and ODU games, maybe one other.

dgreco
May 20th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I'll second that one. Parente's has GREAT Italian food. I don't get to that part of the state very often but I am glad to hear that place is still there.

it is great for being basically on school land. Good food, cheap drinks, and always full. On homecoming weekend it is literally filled to the max and people all over outside. Its a fun place to check out.

Uncle Buck
May 21st, 2009, 03:23 PM

I will definitely try and hit up when we get up there. Hoping to come in the night before if possible, not sure who i am bringing though. It'll either be the family or my buddy. Looking forward to the trip and maybe touching base with Gigantino your d-coordinator. I just missed him on a recent visit to NY, good guy. xthumbsupx

appsfan
May 21st, 2009, 08:34 PM
I'll be going to my "home" away game at Elon since it only takes me 40 minutes to get to Elon versus 2 hours plus for each ASU home game. I'll miss going to the ECU game since the daughter (ECU grad) of friends (both ECU grads) is getting married (to an ECU grad). The wedding party is all ECU or App people- go figure. My wife, unsuccessfully, suggested that the weekend before might be better as it didn't conflict with the game or Labor Day ...

Gil Dobie
May 21st, 2009, 08:36 PM
If my wife gets a job in Bowling Green, Kentucky, SIU and Indiana St look like good posibilities for Bison games, in that area.

slostang
May 21st, 2009, 11:07 PM
I plan on following Cal Poly to San Jose State, Montana, UC Davis and possibly Weber State.