PDA

View Full Version : Coastal Helmet Avatars and logos

SoCon48
December 1st, 2005, 01:51 PM
Where did all the CCU helmet avatars dissapear to in the last few weeks?
3 weeks ago or so, there were at least 5 or six different members who either sported CCU helmet avatars or some other Coastal Carolina logos.

Lapper's can be explained as he's just trying to tee off a handful of his fellow Coastal students/alumni. But most of the others just seemed to vanish into thin air. One or two have maintained their CCU logo or personal CCU design.

AppGuy04
December 1st, 2005, 01:57 PM
3 weeks ago or so, there were at least 5 or six different members who either sported CCU helmet avatars or some other Coastal Carolina logos.

Lapper's can be explained as he's just trying to tee off a handful of his fellow Coastal students/alumni. But most of the others just seemed to vanish into thin air. One or two have maintained their CCU logo or personal CCU design.

same with Hampton, vamoos

rokamortis
December 1st, 2005, 03:07 PM
The season is over for most of our schools, so they drop off of the board. The board seems a lot less crowded from many schools, not just Hampton or Coastal. As expected, the teams that are still in it haven't gone anywhere.

Kill'em
December 1st, 2005, 03:38 PM
I haven't gone anywhere.

bandl
December 1st, 2005, 03:43 PM
JMU fan...still here, even after having to grin & bear it with MM's comments towards the end of the season!!
Also an A-10 fan...perhaps that's why I'm around a little more than I should be.

bodoyle
December 1st, 2005, 03:55 PM
Still here

TigerFan17
December 1st, 2005, 04:00 PM
Still here to support my conference that everyone else hates. :D

CoastalFan2005
December 1st, 2005, 04:20 PM
I'm still here, too...it's just that being the end of the semester, I have more work to do and less time to reply here. I still read almost every day, though, :hyped:

Coastal89
December 1st, 2005, 04:22 PM
Here. Still with the same avatar.

Hansel
December 1st, 2005, 04:25 PM
The question is why are App fans still obsessed with Coastal, after beating them ~10 games ago?

SoCon48
December 1st, 2005, 04:27 PM

Hmm. What position do those three "play"? :beerchug:

SoCon48
December 1st, 2005, 04:32 PM
The question is why are App fans still obsessed with Coastal, after beating them ~10 games ago?

Nope. It's not an obssession. Actually just worried that some may have given up and changed their allegiance to some even worse program or jumped off a cliff in a fit of depression. :smiley_wi

SuperJon
December 1st, 2005, 05:30 PM
I've been checkin back occasionally. Football season's over so I don't have much to say. I've moved on to basketball. There are other sports besides football in my opinion. Plus finals and getting everything ready to go home has taken up some time.

Lapper
December 1st, 2005, 05:39 PM
Still here showing my South Carolina pride. GOOOO DINS...they haven't lost yet have they? xcoffeex

Cocky
December 1st, 2005, 05:50 PM
I have nowhere else to go, our basketball team sucks.

ASU Kep
December 1st, 2005, 05:59 PM
Nope. Neither has App. :D

ASU Kep
December 1st, 2005, 06:01 PM

Don't EVER change it. BTW, is there a "big" version of that pic available somewhere? I'd f'ing love to get a more up-close view. :hyped:

MarkCCU
December 1st, 2005, 06:11 PM
still here :beerchug:

JALMOND
December 1st, 2005, 07:37 PM

Shows who to listen to and who to ignore (and not just Coastal/Hampton). Once the season is over for your team, the norm is to switch over to other sports (basketball is common). Still, a true love of college football (and with this site, I-AA football in particular) will bring back those whose teams are out of the running and who truly (and objectively) love I-AA football.

Example for me, Portland State did not get in to the round so I have cut back my time here from every day to once every two or three days. I'll still spend most of Saturday on this site to see what happened and get some feedback on how the games were played. Otherwise, the Zags (NCAA) and the Blazers (NBA) are taking up most of my time (sidenote, Viking basketball never gave up against the Zags last night, even down 20. Came back to make it look respectable.)

Kill'em
December 2nd, 2005, 07:22 AM
Actually just worried that some may have given up and changed their allegiance to some even worse program or jumped off a cliff in a fit of depression.
My wife did have to talk me off the roof :bang:

OL FU
December 2nd, 2005, 07:39 AM
Still here :smiley_wi

AppGuy04
December 2nd, 2005, 07:40 AM
Still here :smiley_wi
TRAITOR

chantman
December 2nd, 2005, 08:06 AM
Still here enjoying Lapper's posts. waa waa

SoCon48
December 2nd, 2005, 08:50 AM
Still here enjoying Lapper's posts. waa waa

He's a great emissary for Coastal Carolina.

Tealblood
December 2nd, 2005, 08:52 AM
Lapper is an A$$

Tealblood
December 2nd, 2005, 08:54 AM
Still here
Oh and by the way I am not tech enuf to put the helmet thingy under my name

rokamortis
December 2nd, 2005, 10:00 AM
He's a great emissary for Coastal Carolina.

Nope - he's now a representative for Charleston Southern, Furman, and App

MarkCCU
December 2nd, 2005, 10:19 AM
Lapper is an A$$
xlolx Lapper speaks his mind, and can piss off the CCU followers, but he's a good guy.

SoCon48
December 2nd, 2005, 12:53 PM

Yet he attends Coastal Carolina University. :nod:

SoCon48
December 2nd, 2005, 12:55 PM

Two of those three teams spanked Coastal. Two are fellow South Carolina schools. :asswhip:
Coincidence?

SoCon48
December 2nd, 2005, 12:57 PM
Still here
Oh and by the way I am not tech enuf to put the helmet thingy under my name
Just go back to the real home page via the User CP tab at the top of this page (not the opening page for the message boards). It tells you exactly what to do in like one step for selecting an avatar under .
Left hand column tab--Edit Avatar.

Tealblood
December 2nd, 2005, 01:31 PM
I guess that wasn't that hard

Tealblood
December 2nd, 2005, 01:31 PM
Thank You

SoCon48
December 2nd, 2005, 01:32 PM
I guess that wasn't that hard

Not at all.

SoCon48
December 2nd, 2005, 01:34 PM
Thank You

You're welcome, Teal.

ngineer
December 2nd, 2005, 09:24 PM

AND DON'T YOU DARE CHANGE IT!!! :D :D

CarolinaGirl
December 3rd, 2005, 09:02 AM
I'm still here also. On November 19, I drove directly from Charleston to Crapsville and hadn't left there until this morning when some drunk passed out and knocked me off my bar stool. I think he was from Colgate! Didn't know you missed us CCU fans, 1-AA!! ;) ;)
BTW - good luck today! We were hoping the ESPN2 game was the App St. game but we got Furman, which will be just as enjoyable.

SoCon48
December 3rd, 2005, 09:12 AM
I'm still here also. On November 19, I drove directly from Charleston to Crapsville and hadn't left there until this morning when some drunk passed out and knocked me off my bar stool. I think he was from Colgate! Didn't know you missed us CCU fans, 1-AA!! ;) ;)
BTW - good luck today! We were hoping the ESPN2 game was the App St. game but we got Furman, which will be just as enjoyable.

Didn't miss you folks, just couldn't help but notice most Coastals had abandoned their Coastal Carolina avatars or the AGS entirely for a while..

SoCon48
December 3rd, 2005, 09:13 AM

BTW. Where the H is Crapsville?

CarolinaGirl
December 3rd, 2005, 09:20 AM
Well, to hear Blue Keys tell it, "Crapsville is somewhere in the area bounded by Orono Maine to Statesboro Ga. to San Diego and Davis California. Somewhere near but slightly South of Missoula and Bozeman Montana with stops across the nation including Iowa, Illinois etc."
C'mon in to visit if the opportunity arises. First rond is on me!

CarolinaGirl
December 3rd, 2005, 09:25 AM
Actually if you just put "Crapsville" in the GPS, it gets you right there! Not that I would expect to see you there today.....

blukeys
December 3rd, 2005, 10:01 AM

If you're fortunate you never find out. :smiley_wi

Lapper
December 3rd, 2005, 12:38 PM
I'll have a Super Safety SeaBreeze.... and put on CarolinaGirl's tab, Thanks.

SoCon48
December 3rd, 2005, 04:32 PM
If you're fortunate you never find out. :smiley_wi

LOL

CarolinaGirl
December 4th, 2005, 12:05 AM
LOL
Good game today I-AA. Had to go sit in a bar to watch it, but I suffered through.... :)

eaglesrthe1
December 4th, 2005, 01:08 AM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/images/avatars/Coastal_Carolina.gif

If my avatar looked like it had a pair of 'nads hanging from it's chin, I'd probably make it disappear too. :smiley_wi

SoCon48
December 4th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Good game today I-AA. Had to go sit in a bar to watch it, but I suffered through.... :)

WRONG!!! I watched and taped the entire game from the comfort of my own living room with my fiance. We would would have been there in person had she not a had pretty nasty cold after having to work in two local Christmas parades Thursday and Friday.
I was there in person last week and will be again this coming week end to watch us face the FurpleDins at the ROCK!.

SoCon48
December 4th, 2005, 06:54 AM
[QUOTE=eaglesrthe1]http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/images/avatars/Coastal_Carolina.gif

I thought many of the GSU folks were supporters of Coastal coming into the SoCon, blue chicken logo and all.

SoCon48
December 4th, 2005, 06:57 AM

Glad you saw it. As much animosity as many Coastals had for ASU, remember the better ASU looks in the post season, the less damaging to the Coastal program's image the App win in Boone will have.

CarolinaGirl
December 4th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Glad you saw it. As much animosity as many Coastals had for ASU, remember the better ASU looks in the post season, the less damaging to the Coastal program's image the App win in Boone will have.
Good point. Now, any ideas on how to make the Chuck South loss look better?? :rolleyes:

SoCon48
December 4th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Good point. Now, any ideas on how to make the Chuck South loss look better?? :rolleyes:
It was an upset, plain and simple.

Less boasting by many of the Coastal fans would have made it much more palatable for Coastal fans and less harrassment by opponent fans.

eaglesrthe1
December 4th, 2005, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=eaglesrthe1]http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/images/avatars/Coastal_Carolina.gif

I thought many of the GSU folks were supporters of Coastal coming into the SoCon, blue chicken logo and all.

I can't speak for other GSU fans, but I wouldn't mind seeing it. I was just taking a jab, I didn't mean anything by it.

windwalker
December 4th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Well, I am still here also. As a couple of others from Coastal said, I read every day, but post once in a while when I have something to say and that is what I basically have done all year long.

I don't usually do the one or two word posts as some posters on here do like "right" .. "OK".. "I agree" etc.. Nor will I post a smiley/frowny/beat the dead horse icons as a response to someone's post. To me that just isn't worth it, and in my opinion, makes for bad reading.

What AGS has done for me, is deepen my interest and appreciation for the programs in I-AA. Like yesterday, I spent most of the day in Spencer's Sports Bar in a corner by myself watching the playoff games. It was unbelieveable how many people stopped by and asked "who the heck are those teams" I said "Teams that are playing for a REAL National Championship" and would have to explain what I meant.

Thanks AGS and all of you that support it... yeah even you guys that bashed Coastal all year!!! LOL