PDA

View Full Version : Condraft Website really a CON?

smallcollegefbfan
May 11th, 2009, 03:34 PM
I have found out through the grapevine that they have selected UNH TE Scott Sicko and Murray State DE Austen Lane as the FCS preseason players of the year. While Lane is a good player even though he is a slight reach, Sicko has no shot because we all know that tight ends just don't win those awards. They will release that information later this summer.

Also, thought I would mention that they are contacting players through their family members to get them to go on their website and talk to "fans" on their message board. A while back I saw a letter they sent to agents asking for money to push players to them through the message boards. These players are going to these boards thinking they are talking to fans and they are really talking to agents. Anyone else find that as shady as I do? Would a legit media outlet really need to sell players to agents?

Here is a link to the bios of those on the website. What do you guys think?

http://cdsdraft.com/contact.php

TexasTerror
May 11th, 2009, 03:52 PM
I am surprised the schools let the guys on the message boards, but I guess at that point when they've signed an agent and have things prepared for the draft - it's beyond the school's control. This site does not have much credibility in my books and there were quite a few releases touting these All-Americans. A shame...

smallcollegefbfan
May 11th, 2009, 04:04 PM
I am surprised the schools let the guys on the message boards, but I guess at that point when they've signed an agent and have things prepared for the draft - it's beyond the school's control. This site does not have much credibility in my books and there were quite a few releases touting these All-Americans. A shame...

I am sure schools tell players not to get on message boards but they do it anyway. Players are always going to read what is said about them.

They are asking players to do it before they sign with an agent. They are asking players to come on their boards right now before their senior season even starts. I agree with you and I even think players need to focus on the season and not agents and talking on message boards. Leave the message boards up to the fans and media :)

Libertine
May 11th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Any player contact with agents is a big-time NCAA violation.

smallcollegefbfan
May 11th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Any player contact with agents is a big-time NCAA violation.

If you went by that then 90 percent of the starting football players in Division 1 and 20 percent of the ones in D2 would be in big time trouble.

It depends on when that contact is and if an agent is talking to a junior, and they can prove it, they are in big-time trouble. I think agents can't talk to juniors until after January 15th or 19th. How stupid do they think we are though? Look at all of the juniors who signed with an agent a day or two after they declared. Does anyone really believe a player could make his mind up on a decision that big in just a day or two?

My whole problem with this is that a media outlet should not be getting paid off by agents to push players to them. That is classified as a runner and those are illegal.

Libertine
May 11th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Agents can't talk to juniors at all. Contact with an agent is an NCAA violation. Whether or not it's caught is completely irrelevant to the conversation other than to make what this website is apparently doing that much more insidious.

smallcollegefbfan
May 11th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Agents can't talk to juniors at all. Contact with an agent is an NCAA violation. Whether or not it's caught is completely irrelevant to the conversation other than to make what this website is apparently doing that much more insidious.

That is what I said. During the season of their junior year they can't. They had to wait until after the deadline for players to declare before they could contact them without it being a NCAA violation. Players who are going to be seniors this fall can talk with agents. They are pretty much done with the semester and thus are really seniors.

Native
May 11th, 2009, 10:01 PM
That is what I said. During the season of their junior year they can't. They had to wait until after the deadline for players to declare before they could contact them without it being a NCAA violation. Players who are going to be seniors this fall can talk with agents. They are pretty much done with the semester and thus are really seniors.

It is my understanding that juniors can talk to agents only after the last game of their junior season.

smallcollegefbfan
May 11th, 2009, 10:57 PM
It is my understanding that juniors can talk to agents only after the last game of their junior season.

That was the rule but the NFLPA changed it this year to say they can't contact them until after deadline to declare.

jmufan999
May 12th, 2009, 08:33 AM
That was the rule but the NFLPA changed it this year to say they can't contact them until after deadline to declare.

i'm 100% positive this is accurate.