PDA

View Full Version : Bison lose another couple players

Gil Dobie
May 5th, 2009, 04:03 PM
WR Schultenover and Blincoe RB are gone. :o

Forum Link (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/239638/group/home/)

North Dakota State wide receiver Jordan Schultenover, who was expected to be the team’s top pass-catching target next fall, was dismissed from the team for a violation of teams rules.
By: Jeff Kolpack, INFORUM

North Dakota State wide receiver Jordan Schultenover, who was expected to be the team’s top pass-catching target next fall, was dismissed from the team for a violation of teams rules.

Bison head coach Craig Bohl would not specify why saying “I’m not in a position to make further comment.”

Also, Bohl said backup running back Pete Blincoe, who started two games as a sophomore but missed last season because of a knee injury, left the team after last weekend's scrimmage.

“I think it was one of those things that just wasn’t there,” Bohl said. “He just felt like it was his best interest to move on.”

Schultenover was first in line to replace Kole Heckendorf as NDSU’s No. 1 receiver. He played in 32 of 33 games in his career finishing with 19 receptions and an eye-opening six touchdowns.

NDB
May 5th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Another day, another couple players gone...

Thunderstruck84
May 5th, 2009, 04:38 PM
I'm not sure whether to be mad about his because the rate of attrition continues to rise on the team, or be happy that Coach Bohl is cultivating a zero tolerance policy that should finally trim the fat from the team.

Regardless it's definitely not a good thing that most experienced WR in an inexperienced group is dismissed from the team. Haynes, the transfer UCF is now going to be even more important to development of this ultra young WR corps.

Monarch History
May 5th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I'm not sure whether to be mad about his because the rate of attrition continues to rise on the team, or be happy that Coach Bohl is cultivating a zero tolerance policy that should finally trim the fat from the team.

IMHO I admire coaches who take control of their team no matter who the player. I'm sure every player knows the rules to remain a player for his team. Kudos to Coach Bohl.

darell1976
May 5th, 2009, 06:28 PM
They aren't gonna have any players left...time for the cheerleaders to start practicing.

dlsiouxfan
May 5th, 2009, 07:52 PM
They're starting to make Montana look like a bunch of choir boys.

Gil Dobie
May 5th, 2009, 08:16 PM
They're starting to make Montana look like a bunch of choir boys.

It happens in GF too, who was the RB the messed up last year. He was a great player too.

89Hen
May 6th, 2009, 08:20 AM
No pre-season top 25 for the Bison? xeyebrowx

Gil Dobie
May 6th, 2009, 08:42 AM
No pre-season top 25 for the Bison? xeyebrowx

They weren't going to be in mine prior to the players being booted. xoopsx

Gil Dobie
May 6th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Second Offense for Schultenover, while Blincoe decided to move on. The Bison are pretty deep at RB, while WR's will be young.

Fargo Forum Link (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/239665/)

Schultenover was arrested for minor in possession in 2005 according to Fargo police records, an offense that went previously unreported most likely because he was a redshirt freshman and didn’t play at the time.

Schultenover’s departure leaves sophomores Warren Holloway and Sidney Haynes as the starters. Junior Gary Williams is out with an injury.

Bohl said junior college transfer receiver Sam Rogers from West Los Angeles Community College will have a chance of contributing right away.

Blincoe
Blincoe was attempting to challenge sophomores Matt Voigtlander and D.J. McNorton and freshman Josh Horner for the backup spot to starter Pat Paschall. He had 417 yards rushing on 76 attempts and five touchdowns in 2007.

He played in 10 games as a true freshman, rushing for 279 yards and three touchdowns. He tied for the team lead with the longest run from scrimmage with a 65-yarder for a touchdown against California Poly.

Thundar
May 6th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Blincoe wasn't really surprising but damn this is sad although we have some good talent coming in at WR so I'm not too worried! IMO dump the trouble makers

Oh yeah dlsiouxfan we would still take you to the woodshed!