PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 2010 360/ps3

ncman071
May 2nd, 2009, 06:37 AM
So evidentally, EA is including this create a team/team builder feature for the 360/ps3 and i'm assuming the ps2 versions as well. To me its almost like they are doing this partly to shut up the FCS fans. They are including logos for the actual teams and you can go online and customize rosters/playbooks/field etc.. not too sure what else...

But still, its like they are still not officially including FCS teams already programmed into the game. i haven't bought NCAA since the 06 version on the ps2 and i refuse to get it for the 360 until they include FCS like they are supposed to.

But anyway, just wanted to to know how anyone else felt about this issue with ea sports and if you are going to spend the money on it.

To me, over the last several years, its like EA's been saying that FCS is an extra feature that doesn't need to be there. but it ticks me off because we are Division I and FCS plays FBS every year as everyone on this board knows.

Anyway, i'm probably going to boycott again this year.

TSUalum05
May 2nd, 2009, 07:26 AM
I could care less if they added FCS teams. I never played with FCS teams when they were there because the rosters were outdated and they had the teams horrible.

Hood
May 2nd, 2009, 09:03 AM
Heck the one year they had Nicholls as "Air Force Falcons" so that really made me cringe, a lot.

achrist70
May 2nd, 2009, 09:12 AM
I could care less if they added FCS teams. I never played with FCS teams when they were there because the rosters were outdated and they had the teams horrible.

I agree I would rather make my own, as of last year the UNI uniforms aren't up to date, and the year that UNI beat Iowa State my friend simulated that game probably close to 100 times and Iowa State won them all, so even if the provided FCS teams they wouldn't provide them with any respect.

I'm sure it would have been the same with App. State v. Michigan too.

sikolec
May 2nd, 2009, 02:17 PM
Looks like a pretty good Teambuilder mode. They have it so you can upload your own logo from your computer (Teambuilder is web based) or use an already approved FCS logo. Here is a link to IGN's Article:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/975/975993p1.html

Here is one with more details about the mode:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/977/977215p1.html

On this article is also a link to their video of the Teambuilder mode.

minuteman65
May 2nd, 2009, 08:31 PM
I think this is pretty cool. I'm pretty excited about it, and I may actually buy it this year (assuming it's not crap like the last few games they've put out, which is kind of a big assumption).

mtgrizfan4life
May 2nd, 2009, 08:46 PM
I do not mind the team builder. Even when they had FCS teams before, it took forever to edit the roster to something more realistic. So why not spend this time and every aspect of the teams? Plus this really opens up opportunity for using the uniform creations to market to programs. I am sure there will be some designs they may try selling. Others do the work and they have the rights to whatever they want. Financially it makes perfect sense to me. Even on a small scale, I will not be surprised if they allow you to order the jersey you designed.

This will be the future for not only gaming, but a cheap way to get great ideas and creativity for so very little money. I can even see them keeping the copyright or patent to things such as this to offer to professsional teams, leagues, organizations, etc.

ncman071
May 3rd, 2009, 09:38 AM
unless i'm misunderstanding, the team builder feature only allows you to save up to 12 teams at a time.. so i guess that would mean you could only have 12 FCS teams. i dont know, it just seems like FCS is getting the shaft again. i just wish they included all of DI and had all of the FCS conferences.. doesn't seem too far fetched to me considering the technology now.

helmetman
May 3rd, 2009, 10:54 AM
You can only save 12 on your system at one time. But if you wanted another team you just delete one and download the new team you want.

mtgrizfan4life
May 3rd, 2009, 11:09 AM
unless i'm misunderstanding, the team builder feature only allows you to save up to 12 teams at a time.. so i guess that would mean you could only have 12 FCS teams. i dont know, it just seems like FCS is getting the shaft again. i just wish they included all of DI and had all of the FCS conferences.. doesn't seem too far fetched to me considering the technology now.

Do not worry, congress will handle this too! xlolxxthumbsupxxbowx

minuteman65
May 4th, 2009, 02:04 AM

All you need to know is EA Sports. That should explain everything. xnonono2x