PDA

View Full Version : GA Southern to play GA Tech and Alabama

AtlantaMountaineer
May 1st, 2009, 08:38 PM
The Atlanta Journal Constitution reports that GSU will play Alabama in November 2011 and GA Tech in September 2015.

Syntax Error
May 1st, 2009, 09:26 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59131

MR. CHICKEN
May 1st, 2009, 09:45 PM
CHA-CHING!!..............:(.........AWK!

paward
May 2nd, 2009, 09:32 AM
I am not sure if the GA Tech game brings out as much roar as GSU playing the Dawgs, but it will be nice to see that game. I am anticipating the match up with Georgia State and Geogia Southern. The battle of the GSU will be on!

introvertedGSUfan
May 2nd, 2009, 09:34 AM
I am not sure if the GA Tech game brings out as much roar as GSU playing the Dawgs, but it will be nice to see that game. I am anticipating the match up with Georgia State and Geogia Southern. The battle of the GSU will be on!

A lot of us think that there would be a better turnout for a GT game as opposed to a UGA game. There are many GSU alumni in the Atlanta-Metro area.

Cocky
May 2nd, 2009, 09:51 AM

I've been told, we have agreed to play Georgia State. Not sure when the series will begin.

JSU02
May 2nd, 2009, 12:28 PM
I despise the University of Alabama

BossEagle
May 2nd, 2009, 12:31 PM

Mind if i ask why?? Is it because of their uniforms??? Or Saban, or they're BAMA's??

JSU02
May 2nd, 2009, 12:35 PM
One of many reasons is because they refuse to play in state schools.

paward
May 2nd, 2009, 12:38 PM
A lot of us think that there would be a better turnout for a GT game as opposed to a UGA game. There are many GSU alumni in the Atlanta-Metro area.

I do not think you will get as many at the game. Tech stadium only holds about 50,000. They will do a good job buying up those tickets. UGA hold about 95,000. More ticket available to their neighbors.

Cocky
May 2nd, 2009, 02:43 PM

I second that but you can include Auburn with UAT for me.

JSU02
May 2nd, 2009, 02:47 PM
Auburn is slightly better in my book as they have played Samford and UAB, albeit on very few occasions...

seantaylor
May 3rd, 2009, 12:28 AM
I do not think you will get as many at the game. Tech stadium only holds about 50,000. They will do a good job buying up those tickets. UGA hold about 95,000. More ticket available to their neighbors.

Disagree. GSU will get their hands on a bunch of tickets. Tech doesn't sell out much. We have at least 20K in that stadium. And by 2015 we will be FBS.

paward
May 3rd, 2009, 08:18 AM
Disagree. GSU will get their hands on a bunch of tickets. Tech doesn't sell out much. We have at least 20K in that stadium. And by 2015 we will be FBS.

I hope you are right. Geogia Southern has always been one of my favorite teams. I have gone to all the UGA vs Southern games and the atmosphere is great. When they come to Tech I wll be there as well. I am neutral when you play UGA. When you all come to tech I wll have on the Navy and White.

hippy@GSU
May 3rd, 2009, 02:50 PM

I hope you are correct because that is a bold statement.

JDC325
May 6th, 2009, 06:07 PM

That would mean Chicken Little Sam is retiring by 2011 at the latest. Last I heard he was looking forward to establishing a long term relationship and rivalry with Coastal Carolina. Does not really lead one to believe that ole Sammy has any intention of wanting more than the status quo. xnonono2x

Hoyadestroya85
May 6th, 2009, 06:51 PM
PJ throwing GSU a bone?

hippy@GSU
May 6th, 2009, 06:53 PM
PJ throwing GSU a bone?

A flexbone will be thrown right into our defensive players faces!!

brad_gsu2011
May 8th, 2009, 06:48 PM
How much $$$ do you think GSU will get off of these games?
I'm thinking that 'Bama will definitely give more since it is an out of state game,
and GT is just a few hours up the road.

eaglesrthe1
May 9th, 2009, 05:17 PM
450k for Bama

GSUhooligan
May 10th, 2009, 05:54 PM
PJ throwing GSU a bone?

Yeah, but he might move on before the game is played. We scheduled the Navy game when he was still there.