PDA

View Full Version : First State First Round?

89Hen
April 25th, 2009, 08:07 AM
I'm really not talking about who is going to be first round match-ups, but the whole thing with the NCAA threatening the state of Delaware with a post-season hosting ban got me thinking.... what if Delaware and Delaware State both made the playoffs this year?

First off, would the NCAA pair teams in the first round that already played in the regular season? I think maybe Delaware played W&M one year in the first round after having played them in the regular season (this was before W&M joined the Yankee).

Second, would they foresake a game of opponents separated by less than 50 miles because of this ban (if it happens)?

Finally, would it be possible to have them meet at a neutral site out of state?

xeyebrowx

MR. CHICKEN
April 25th, 2009, 09:03 AM
GAME WOOD BE [email protected] HIGH.........xnodx...........BRAWK!!

IFIN' DEY WERE TA MEET...SAY IN SECOND [email protected] CHESTER EAST....xrotatehx...AWK!!

3RD ROUND..........IN.......TOLEDO!!.........DUH HOME O' REAL PRICE FIXIN'.......ER....UH....UM....xeekx.....DOODLE-DOO!

apaladin
April 25th, 2009, 09:28 AM
I would think the ban for hosting NCAA championship events would be like the one it currently has against South Carolina. The NAACP is still protesting the confederate flag flying at the state house in Columbia. The protest at first was to remove it from flying atop the state house. That was eventually complied with and it was moved to a less than conspicuous place but that in turn was not good enough for the NAACP and they asked that the ban continue. The NCAA has complied and the ban continues. However it does not count against earned events such as FCS playoffs and baseball playoffs etc. The NCAA basketball first round was in Greenville in 2002 and every session(16,000) was sold out. It has not returned. Furman also hosted the cross country regionals for years but lost that event. Again if it is an NCAA championship event that is awarded then it would be effected. Hosting via of an earned event such as playoffs are not effected.

MR. CHICKEN
April 25th, 2009, 09:37 AM
SEEMS DUH NCAA........HAS EASED UP.....ON SOUFF CAROLINA......NEVADA......MONTANA.......BUT IS WILLIN' TA.....PUT DA SCREWDRIVER.......TUH OURAH.......1st STATE......:(xsmhx:(.........BRAWK/OBAMA!!!

grizband
April 25th, 2009, 10:58 AM
SEEMS DUH NCAA........HAS EASED UP.....ON SOUFF CAROLINA......NEVADA......MONTANA.......BUT IS WILLIN' TA.....PUT DA SCREWDRIVER.......TUH OURAH.......1st STATE......:(xsmhx:(.........BRAWK/OBAMA!!!

What were the deals with Nevada and Montana?

Reign of Terrier
April 25th, 2009, 11:16 AM
What are the conditions? Wofford gets home playoff games even though the SC flag thing.

MR. CHICKEN
April 25th, 2009, 03:25 PM
[QUOTE=grizband;1334978]What were the deals with Nevada and Montana?

DUH!.........GAMBLIN' IN DOSE STATES...YET.....BOWL GAMES/PLAYOFFS.....GO ON.........HAS BEEN BEAT TA DEAFF......IN POSTS AT LEAST........6-8 WEEKS AGO.......xeyebrowx.....AWK!

LUHawker
April 25th, 2009, 06:31 PM
I'm really not talking about who is going to be first round match-ups, but the whole thing with the NCAA threatening the state of Delaware with a post-season hosting ban got me thinking.... what if Delaware and Delaware State both made the playoffs this year?

First off, would the NCAA pair teams in the first round that already played in the regular season? I think maybe Delaware played W&M one year in the first round after having played them in the regular season (this was before W&M joined the Yankee).

Second, would they foresake a game of opponents separated by less than 50 miles because of this ban (if it happens)?

Finally, would it be possible to have them meet at a neutral site out of state?

xeyebrowx

I'm hoping they send the blue chickens up to Bethlehem for a long-overdue trip to play Lehigh.

jmufan999
April 26th, 2009, 03:53 PM
i don't think that whether you played someone in the regular season makes a difference for first round matchups.

BUT, you can't play someone from your own conference. so in other words, non-conference regular season foes are fair game in the first round.

Ivytalk
April 26th, 2009, 06:26 PM
It's a nice hypo, but DSU isn't going anywhere this year, so it's a moot point.xcoolx

DSUrocks07
April 26th, 2009, 09:35 PM
It's a nice hypo, but DSU isn't going anywhere this year, so it's a moot point.xcoolx

co-sign

especially if we're declared ineligible for the MEAC title this year xsmhx

89Hen
April 27th, 2009, 08:36 AM

co-sign

especially if we're declared ineligible for the MEAC title this year xsmhx
I guess my point was really to ask if the NCAA would make an exception for that. If so, that would IMO be a really crappy thing to do.

appfan2008
April 27th, 2009, 09:20 AM
the NCAA is dumb and needs to quite banning states... they are not a dadgum political body or something...

stevdock
April 27th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Would they really try to mess with the gate that Delaware brings in to any game they host?? One of the top teams attendance wise in the country seems kind of dumb to try and mess with.

But we here at NDSU will be keeping an eye on it, because this sort of thing could happen up here between us and another area school.

DSUrocks07
April 27th, 2009, 03:02 PM
I guess my point was really to ask if the NCAA would make an exception for that. If so, that would IMO be a really crappy thing to do.

As far as your question goes, I agree. Its hard to make a stand on something when you keep making exceptions.

igo4uni
April 28th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Would they really try to mess with the gate that Delaware brings in to any game they host?? One of the top teams attendance wise in the country seems kind of dumb to try and mess with.

But we here at NDSU will be keeping an eye on it, because this sort of thing could happen up here between us and another area school.

Uhhh.......what other school would that be?