PDA

View Full Version : Delaware Spring game tonight

ChickenMan
April 24th, 2009, 10:35 AM
UD fans will get their first look at QB Pat Devlin in live game action tonight.

93henfan
April 24th, 2009, 10:39 AM
http://www.bluehens.com/sportsinfo/football/fb09-springgamepreview.html

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20090424/SPORTS07/904240375/1002/SPORTS&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL

Among the nearly 200 alumni slated to return for the game and barbecue are current Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco, current Cleveland Browns safety Mike Adams, former NFL Most Valuable Player and current NFL television commentator Rich Gannon, All-American and former NFL quarterback Scott Brunner, former NFL defensive back Tim Jacobs, former NFL running back Dan Reeder, and former NFL cornerback George Schmitt.

Among the former UD All-Americans expected to return are offensive linemen Herb Beck, Chris Coyne, Garry Kuhlman, Jim Stull, and Mike Byrne, tight end Robbie Agnone, wide receiver Eddie Conti, defensive linemen Mike Renna, Joe McGrail, and Mike Cecere, linebacker Ed Clark, quarterbacks Matt Nagy and Bill Vergantino, and running back Tony Toto.

GannonFan
April 24th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Can't wait for tonight. Leaving work early so I can get home, pick up the kids, beat the Friday night rush hour traffic, and be down there for kickoff. Hate the 6PM start on a Friday night, especially since it's almost an hour and half for me to get down there normally, but I gotta get my Blue Hen fix.

henfan
April 24th, 2009, 11:34 AM
You might want to leave extra early. The I-95 Friday traffic through Wilmington to Newark is typically brutal beginning at 3:30.

zymergy
April 24th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Thankfully I get off at 3:30. Gonna go home and see if my oldest wants to come with me and grab camera. We should setup a AGS/Gohens meeting spot or something. Be nice to meet some faces behind the names.

henfan
April 24th, 2009, 11:59 AM
I had this all set and then it rained last Monday night. My boy's baseball game was rescheduled for this evening. Ouch!

GannonFan
April 24th, 2009, 12:06 PM
You might want to leave extra early. The I-95 Friday traffic through Wilmington to Newark is typically brutal beginning at 3:30.

Oh, I know, just nothing I can do about it, except hope for the best and pick the correct lanes/routes to get there. Actually, I'm more concerned about southbound traffic on the Blue Route - it's a longer piece of road with far less options.

bluehenbillk
April 24th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Woohoo, leaving work at 2:30, will be tailgating in the Gold Lot.

jmufan999
April 24th, 2009, 03:12 PM
on a friday??? can't say i've heard of a Friday Spring Game before. maybe it's a tradition for y'all or something.

ours is tomorrow, i'm wicked excited... even though it's going to be 90+. yikes. this white boy needs an SPF of about 130.

MR. CHICKEN
April 24th, 2009, 08:45 PM
DEVLIN.....LOOKS LIKE DUH REAL DEAL.......3 KICKERS ALL LOOKED GOOD....MAKIN' 3'S FROM NEVERAH NEVERAH LAND...STRIEFSKY OWNS DUH POSTION.......MORE DEPTH AT K...THAN O-LINE...........OFFENSE OWNED DUH FIRST HALF......DEFENSE TOOK SECOND................JOSH BAKER TE.........MADE SEVERAL GOOD GRABS..........CHARLES GRAVES DB.....PICKED HAKES....LIKE HE WAS.......UH CHEAP LOCK............MOST STARTIN' LB'S SAT OUT.....PUNTER...ED WAGNER #13....IN DUH PROGRAM......MICH. STATE X-FER...WOWED DUH CROWD....WHIFF 60/50 SOMETHIN' PUNTS......DIS LAD WILL KEEP DUH CHICKENS....OUTTAH DEEP DOO-DOO...ALL SEASON LONG............RECIEVERS/RB'S.....LOOK LIKE DEY'RE UP FO' RICHMOND ALREADY.........GREAT START TA DUH GAME....WHEN PA ANNOUNCER......SAID "PLEASE STAND FO' DUH NATIONAL ANTHEM".........AFTERAH SEVERAL MINUTES....NO ANTHEM.......DUH CROWD BROKE INTA DUH SINGIN' O' OURAH NATIONAL TUNE...PRETTY GOOD VERSION......GREAT IDEAH.....SOMETIME DIS SEASON...........NO BAND....JES' DUH CROWD...UNPLUGGED!.......I-AA LADS.......DUH BLUEBIRDS....ARE BACK.....xnodxxsmileyclapxxnodx..............BRRAA AWWWWKKKKK!

Wildcat80
April 24th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Interesting summary....no trip to the chicken state for us this year....til maybe playoffs?? We hope to invite your mr devlin to lil ol Durham come playoffs....we will make him welcome... Go Cats!

MR. CHICKEN
April 24th, 2009, 09:58 PM
YEAH...LIKE YOU'LL OUT-BID......DUH HENS...WHEN OURAH TILL....OVER-FLOWETH........DUH SCRAWNY CATS......WILL SCRATCH/CLAW.....&..TAKE DUH TAXI..INTA NEWARK....IFIN' YA'LL CAN KEEP UP..................xblahblahx.........BRAWK/OBAMA!

Tribe4SF
April 25th, 2009, 06:26 AM
YEAH...LIKE YOU'LL OUT-BID......DUH HENS...WHEN OURAH TILL....OVER-FLOWETH........DUH SCRAWNY CATS......WILL SCRATCH/CLAW.....&..TAKE DUH TAXI..INTA NEWARK....IFIN' YA'LL CAN KEEP UP..................xblahblahx.........BRAWK/OBAMA!

The Wildcats only reason to take that taxi might be to put a C-note down on the games outcome. If the NCAA bullies stick to their guns, and the First State goes through with sports betting, the Hens will be packing their parkas for any meeting with UNH.

ChickenMan
April 25th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Devlin looked very good last night.. very accurate.. with an ability to make all the necessary throws.. 24-31 for 304 yrds.

MR. CHICKEN
April 25th, 2009, 07:53 AM
The Wildcats only reason to take that taxi might be to put a C-note down on the games outcome. If the NCAA bullies stick to their guns, and the First State goes through with sports betting, the Hens will be packing their parkas for any meeting with UNH.

YES CHIEF......BUT...IT AIN'T......CARVED IN ROCK.........YET!......xnonono2x.....AWK!

NCAA WOULD REALLY CHEAT DUH PLAYOFF PURSE.....BAH NOT LETTIN' BIG OL' TUBBY FIELD.....HAND OVERAH DUH RECIEPTS.....FROM POSSIBLE 3 EXTRA GAMES...........HOLY TOLEDO....xeekx....BRAWK!

Henwatcher
April 26th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Great to see ya got the swagger back, MR. CHICKEN (wiff all CAPS, ovah courseah). From what I saw Friday night, it looks like the Henhouse will be rockin' this fall. I haven't seen hittin' like that in a Spring football game since the days of one Harold (Tubby) Raymond. When ya stop and think about all the talent that was standing on the sidelines recovering from previous injuries and combine it with what was on the field playing, it gets scary. IF Devlin stays healthy, IF the oline improves a little between now and September and IF UD can survive the CAA wars each week, look out. By far, it was the best performance in a spring game that I've seen in a long time. Let's hope they are that ready to play when the games count.

Tubby Raymond
April 26th, 2009, 06:42 AM
You guys are whistling past the graveyard.

As good a Devlin looked, he will be running for his life with as porous as that o-line looked. We might see Hakes sooner than we should.

phillyAPP
April 26th, 2009, 08:37 AM
You guys are whistling past the graveyard.

As good a Devlin looked, he will be running for his life with as porous as that o-line looked. We might see Hakes sooner than we should.

Don't rain on this parade yet. Maybe they use that porous line to open up the screens and slant passes.

The keys will be How fast he releases! and How accurate he throws !

Go Hens...... and GO APP !!!!

MR. CHICKEN
April 26th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Great to see ya got the swagger back, MR. CHICKEN (wiff all CAPS, ovah courseah). From what I saw Friday night, it looks like the Henhouse will be rockin' this fall. I haven't seen hittin' like that in a Spring football game since the days of one Harold (Tubby) Raymond. When ya stop and think about all the talent that was standing on the sidelines recovering from previous injuries and combine it with what was on the field playing, it gets scary. IF Devlin stays healthy, IF the oline improves a little between now and September and IF UD can survive the CAA wars each week, look out. By far, it was the best performance in a spring game that I've seen in a long time. Let's hope they are that ready to play when the games count.

YES...'WATCHER........DUH BLUE/GOLD CLAD LADS......SHOW SIGNS O' 2003......WHIFF DEVLIN PULLIN' DUH TRIGGER....FLOCK O' WIDE-OUTS.......UH TIGHT END..WHIFF GOLDEN PAWS........RB'S OUT DUH WAH-ZOO......DUH JUMBO PKG............"YON" TEEIN' UP DUH PIGGY..........O-CO-ORDINATOR...WHIFF VISION & IMAGINATION..........UH DEFENSE......WHIFF MO' VETERANS....DAN DUH CITY O' ELSMERE.........FOUR D-BACK BANDITS.....WHO'LL LEAD DUH TURN-OVERAH CHARGE..........UH D-LINE...."BEEF".......WHO ARE....BETTERAH FED..DAN DOSE MOO-COWS...FROM JAPAN.......AN' LB'S......STUFFIN' BALL CARRIERS/QB'S......LIKE JUNK-MAIL ENVELOPES......&....HEY....DON'T FO'GET OURAH X-FER PUNTER...........DAT WILL PIN DUH TERRIBLE FIELD POSITION......ON DUH COMPETITION....UH SKED......DAT IS HOME FIELD FRIENDLY..........GREAT BALL-PARK FRANKS......ZANY GAME DAY PRO-MO'S..........LOVELY CHICKIES....WHIFF BLUE 'N YELLAH TIGHT TEES...DAT READ......"GOT ROBSCOTT".......&...GATE LADS DAT PROTECT OURAH BALL BAG...OH BAY-BEE......DUH BIG BIRD....WANTS TA HIT...RIGHT NOW.......BRAWK/OBAMA!!

ps....IT WAS COACH SUKEENAH....DAT HIT DUH A-FLAT..xeekx..DURIN' DUH ANTHEM CRESCENDO!!

Henwatcher
April 26th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Not quite sure I follow all yourah lingo there, MR. CHICKEN. I didn't get to hear the National Anthem because I was out in the BBQ tent making sure all the poke chops, ribs and wings were gettin' just the right amount of sauce applied for the post game party. Got into the stadium just in time to see Duncan take the opening kickoff down I-95. I don't know about the " lovely chickies" part either. The only chickie I saw there sure didn't look lovely to me. Did the coaches really sing the National Anthem? Who is coach Sukennah? Moo cows from Japan, Robscott & gate lads...huh? I guess it's a little too early on a Sunday for me to figure all that out, MR. CHICKEN.

blukeys
April 26th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Not quite sure I follow all yourah lingo there, MR. CHICKEN. I didn't get to hear the National Anthem because I was out in the BBQ tent making sure all the poke chops, ribs and wings were gettin' just the right amount of sauce applied for the post game party. Got into the stadium just in time to see Duncan take the opening kickoff down I-95. I don't know about the " lovely chickies" part either. The only chickie I saw there sure didn't look lovely to me. Did the coaches really sing the National Anthem? Who is coach Sukennah? Moo cows from Japan, Robscott & gate lads...huh? I guess it's a little too early on a Sunday for me to figure all that out, MR. CHICKEN.

Obviously, you have not been drinking enough. It is time for you either to drink more or quit posting opposing Mr. Chicken!!!xsmiley_wixxsmiley_wixxsmiley_wix

True Hen Fans never question Mr. Chicken. Mr. Chicken is the foremost authority on everything in Hendom!!!!!

Uncle Buck
April 27th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Sounds like you guys found a good QB from what Mr. Chicken has to say.

I'm looking forward to getting down there this year.

Tribe4SF
April 27th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Obviously, you have not been drinking enough. It is time for you either to drink more or quit posting opposing Mr. Chicken!!!xsmiley_wixxsmiley_wixxsmiley_wix

True Hen Fans never question Mr. Chicken. Mr. Chicken is the foremost authority on everything in Hendom!!!!!

No one questions Mr. Chicken...Hen fan or not!xthumbsupx