PDA

View Full Version : Temple Cherry & White write-up

jstclmet
April 20th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Temple's having trouble breaking in a new QB. I'm liking our chances in this one. If we apply pressure early & often, we could force some TO's and positive field advantage.

Go Cats!!!! xnodx

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/20090419_Defense_looks_sharpest_in_Temple_intrasqu ad_scrimmage.html

GannonFan
April 20th, 2009, 09:34 AM
It shouldn't be a shocker to be able to beat Temple. FCS teams have done it for decades, and it should continue this year, QB woes or not.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 20th, 2009, 09:43 AM
It appears that it will be a mortal lock that I'm going to this game. Great shot at an upset, first time at the Linc, easy to get to... xthumbsupx

I don't think this will be close. 'Nova should trounce them.

93henfan
April 20th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Villanova fans getting an early start on tailgating:

V for Vandalism at The Linc (http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/sports/football/eagles/V-for-Vandalism-at-the-Linc.html)

bluehenbillk
April 20th, 2009, 10:24 AM

I'd take a step back from your enthusiasm there. VU could certainly win the game, but "trounce them"? TU is far from a power but every year they've been getting better under Golden & have a lot of guys back from last year. Believe me, their QB's have not been good in years past either so being uneasy at that position is nothing new for the Owls.

jstclmet
April 20th, 2009, 10:57 AM
It shouldn't be a shocker to be able to beat Temple. FCS teams have done it for decades, and it should continue this year, QB woes or not.

Thank you for the endorsement.

Tell me kind friend, what do you think of your matchup on 9/12 at the Tub. You don't have to be too specific as it is very early still, but how do you like your chances against UR??? As the Navy game is later in the season, we can wait to discuss that one in Nov. when you have a little better feel for your team.

Go Lehigh TU owl
April 20th, 2009, 11:18 AM
It appears that it will be a mortal lock that I'm going to this game. Great shot at an upset, first time at the Linc, easy to get to... xthumbsupx

I've been critical of my Owls and certainly have not been affraid to admit our short comings but in no way, shape or form, will Villanova trounce us. We return 17 starters from a team that wasn't too bad last year. We lost in OT to UCONN and Navy, on a hail mary to Buffalo, by 3 to Kent State and by 4 WMU. The only game we were outclassed in was against PSU and they were a Top 10 team last year. I really can't see Villanova as a lock to beat us. We should compete for the MAC title and have a great chance at one of the 3 bowl bids the conference receives. I wouldn't be completely shocked if the 'Cats beat us but if they do realize Lehigh has no shot against them the following week. Even the better FCS teams don't usually beat the top tier MAC teams.

Ahkeem Smith from Bethlems' Liberty High School was Temple's leading rusher. He's listed as the #2 RB on the depth chart so he should be a key contributer.

Hoyadestroya85
April 20th, 2009, 11:43 AM

Who do you want to win Chuck?

This will be my first Villanova game as a 21 year old.. i'm getting there 2 or 3 hours early and getting HAMMERED.

Another note.. 4,000 is a pretty healthy crowd.. not bad

GannonFan
April 20th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Thank you for the endorsement.

Tell me kind friend, what do you think of your matchup on 9/12 at the Tub. You don't have to be too specific as it is very early still, but how do you like your chances against UR??? As the Navy game is later in the season, we can wait to discuss that one in Nov. when you have a little better feel for your team.

Haven't even had our Spring game yet (not sure Richmond has either). But right now, I'd say that Richmond is beatable. UD wasn't blown out in the game last year down there, having it in Newark this year is a plus.

Wildcat80
April 20th, 2009, 11:49 AM
How many wins can the FCS get over MAC schools this year? Obviously the only W I really care about is UNH over ball state.

Go Lehigh TU owl
April 20th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Who do you want to win Chuck?

This will be my first Villanova game as a 21 year old.. i'm getting there 2 or 3 hours early and getting HAMMERED.

Another note.. 4,000 is a pretty healthy crowd.. not bad

You should have been at Villanova for the midnight hoops game at Temple in 2003. There was a scheduling dispute, i don't remember the details, and both schools decided to play the game at midnight. The atmosphere was nuts but the game wasn't too great. The Cats smoked us. Even so i'll never forget that game. I was a jr. at Temple and had just turned 21 myself. The Lehigh-Lafayette game happened to be the the next day. That was a weekend.....

bluehenbillk
April 20th, 2009, 12:06 PM
what do you think of your matchup on 9/12 at the Tub. You don't have to be too specific as it is very early still, but how do you like your chances against UR???

I'll agree, it's too early to speculate on the outcome of the UR-UD game, but it's one that'll be highly anticipated in Newark. UD's strength is going to be their defense, 3 highly skilled DB's & the LB's will be very strong with Marcorelle moving to MLB. Obviously Devlin comes in with super-high expectations, but the offensive success will be dictated by how the OL gels or doesn't gel. There's not a team on the schedule that UD can't beat, but no one is predicting an 11-0 season either.

How's 'Nova's QB depth, heard Young is gone come May.....

Hoyadestroya85
April 20th, 2009, 04:01 PM
I'll agree, it's too early to speculate on the outcome of the UR-UD game, but it's one that'll be highly anticipated in Newark. UD's strength is going to be their defense, 3 highly skilled DB's & the LB's will be very strong with Marcorelle moving to MLB. Obviously Devlin comes in with super-high expectations, but the offensive success will be dictated by how the OL gels or doesn't gel. There's not a team on the schedule that UD can't beat, but no one is predicting an 11-0 season either.

How's 'Nova's QB depth, heard Young is gone come May.....

Scary.. I don't see how we go by without getting a transfer/juco kid

93henfan
April 20th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Scary.. I don't see how we go by without getting a transfer/juco kid

But then you'd lose the moral high ground on a certain school about 45 mins south of you.

Hoyadestroya85
April 20th, 2009, 08:27 PM
But then you'd lose the moral high ground on a certain school about 45 mins south of you.

Nevermind about the transfer.. we have that kid from Roman and then Szczur. Yes but this transfer would have to be content with sitting on the bench with no shot at being a starter.

Hoyadestroya85
April 20th, 2009, 10:38 PM
And We'll always have the moral high ground, we have JC on our side :D

93henfan
April 21st, 2009, 08:09 AM
And We'll always have the moral high ground, we have JC on our side :D

I'm going to refrain from any priests jokes at this time...

IaaScribe
April 21st, 2009, 09:24 AM
Temple will win this game by three TDs.

ChickenMan
April 21st, 2009, 12:54 PM
Temple will win this game by three TDs.

Temple is better than most FCS fans realize.. but I expect a close game that could go either way.

IaaScribe
April 21st, 2009, 03:58 PM
Oh, I think 'Nova will be competitive, but at the end, Temple will sneak in a touchdown that puts it at the final margin.

Hoyadestroya85
April 22nd, 2009, 08:21 AM
Don't forget who won the last meeting.. and that wasn't exactly a great Villanova team

IaaScribe
April 22nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
Well, that was a 1-11 Temple team still scrambling out of the Ron Dickerson dark ages. I'm not smacking on 'Nova as much as I'm throwing some respect toward what Golden's doing there. I don't think he's dumb enough to not take 'Nova seriously.

Hoyadestroya85
April 22nd, 2009, 03:37 PM
Well, that was a 1-11 Temple team still scrambling out of the Ron Dickerson dark ages. I'm not smacking on 'Nova as much as I'm throwing some respect toward what Golden's doing there. I don't think he's dumb enough to not take 'Nova seriously.

But that was also a big east Temple team.. So I think you have to look at it both ways.

Go Lehigh TU owl
April 22nd, 2009, 04:58 PM
But that was also a big east Temple team.. So I think you have to look at it both ways.

That was a horrendous Temple team. You can't take anything from that. That was a year or two after the program found out that they were getting kicked out of the Big East and Bobby Wallace was recruiting nothing by JUCCO's. From 2003 to 2006 we won a grand total of 4 games. I'm not sure how our program survived that period. Our talent level is leaps and bounds better than what it was in 2003. I will be very surprised if Temple doesn't win this game by 10+ points.

Wildcat80
April 23rd, 2009, 05:27 AM
Villanova fans getting an early start on tailgating:

V for Vandalism at The Linc (http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/sports/football/eagles/V-for-Vandalism-at-the-Linc.html)

i guess temple fans know from past games that there is no need to "save" any seats.....there will be plenty to choose from on game day.xlolx