PDA

View Full Version : RMU 2009 Schedule

Original_RMC
April 15th, 2009, 10:36 AM
RMU Football 2009 Schedule (http://www.rmucolonials.com/SportSelect.dbml?&SPSID=59580&SPID=6527&DB_OEM_ID=13900&Q_SEASON=2009)

Sat, Sep 05 @VMI - 1:30 p.m.
Sat, Sep 12 @Bucknell - 6:00 p.m.
Sat, Sep 19 DAYTON - 1:00 p.m.
Sat, Sep 26 BRYANT* - 1:00 p.m. [Homecoming]
Sat, Oct 03 @Duquesne* - 1:00 p.m.
Sat, Oct 10 @Central Conn. State * - Noon
Sat, Oct 17 SAINT FRANCIS * - 1:00 p.m.
Sat, Oct 31 SACRED HEART * - 1:00 p.m.
Sat, Nov 07 @Albany * - 1:00 p.m.
Sat, Nov 14 WAGNER * - 1:00 p.m.
Sat, Nov 21 @Monmouth * - TBA

danefan
April 15th, 2009, 10:38 AM
All winnable OOC games by RMU - no sub DI's!

NEC SOS should be up this year.

Original_RMC - how do you thinks Robert Morris will look this year? Very young team from last year, if I remember correctly.

Original_RMC
April 15th, 2009, 10:46 AM
I think Robert Morris is moving in the right direction to reclaim the NEC again.
Will they do it this year...it will be tough but with the talent they have at WRs and Russ at TB...they could do it.
It all comes down to the QB play and if the new OL can come together.
The defensive is going to be one of the best statistically in I-AA this year. I expect big things this year from the D but the key is the offense.
The O needs to remain on he field and produce those long drives to not only chew up some clock but to give the D some much needed rest.

I have gotten to know some of these young Colonials and they remind me a lot of the old team (94-97) in terms of how close the players are.

My prediction is that Robert Morris finishes no worse than 2nd this year in the NEC.

danefan
April 15th, 2009, 10:49 AM
I think Robert Morris is moving in the right direction to reclaim the NEC again.
Will they do it this year...it will be tough but with the talent they have at WRs and Russ at TB...they could do it.
It all comes down to the QB play and if the new OL can come together.
The defensive is going to be one of the best statistically in I-AA this year. I expect big things this year from the D but the key is the offense.
The O needs to remain on he field and produce those long drives to not only chew up some clock but to give the D some much needed rest.

I have gotten to know some of these young Colonials and they remind me a lot of the old team (94-97) in terms of how close the players are.

My prediction is that Robert Morris finishes no worse than 2nd this year in the NEC.

Has there been any noticeable difference with Duquesne in the league now? Recruiting or otherwise?

Original_RMC
April 15th, 2009, 10:53 AM
I didn't notice any affect on Robert Morris in terms of recruiting this year. I think Robert Morris signed a great class but all incoming classes look great on paper.
It comes down to the coaches developing those kids on the field and producing for the team.

I know having the Dukes back on the schedule each year has re-established the rivarly between the schools. I'll probably go to the RMU @ Dukes game since that is Duquesne's homecoming.

danefan
April 15th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I didn't notice any affect on Robert Morris in terms of recruiting this year. I think Robert Morris signed a great class but all incoming classes look great on paper.
It comes down to the coaches developing those kids on the field and producing for the team.

I know having the Dukes back on the schedule each year has re-established the rivarly between the schools. I'll probably go to the RMU @ Dukes game since that is Duquesne's homecoming.

Sorry - we don't hear a lot about RMU, so I had one more question:

Is RMU (fans, admins, etc.) happy at 40 scholarship limit or do you think RMU would support a move to 63?

Original_RMC
April 15th, 2009, 12:21 PM
I think for right now the 40 scholarship is perfect for RMU.
I know personally down the road I would like to see the NEC offer 63 scholarships but there is some work that needs to be done.
Can the NEC hold onto to Albany and if Albany leaves...who takes their place?