PDA

View Full Version : LFN: Super Sophomores

Lehigh Football Nation
April 10th, 2009, 04:22 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2009/04/final-week-of-spring-practice-next-week.html

Final week of practice next week before the Brown & White game - and some interesting mentions for coach Coen in this week's spring practice report.

RichH2
April 10th, 2009, 08:29 PM
NICE TO HAVE SOME SOLID INFO FOR A CHANGE. WINNETT, BENNING AND BROWN ALL ORIGINALLY NGS I WONDER IF ANDY WILL START THEM ALL. DONT THINK LU EVER HAD A DL AVG ALMOST 290LBS. IF NEWTON CAN BEAT OUT CRIBBS 2NDARY MUST RELLY BE COMPETITIVE. GOOD SIGN

ngineer
April 11th, 2009, 12:41 PM
I am optimistic that we will really start seeing the fruits of Andy's recruiting over the past two season take effect. His first class was not so much his as he didn't really take on the job until mid January. Hopefully, when people asked "Where's the beef?" we'll begin to see it. Winett has quick feet and we know what Benning can do from last year. Winett has 3 more years of eligibility due to his injury last August that shelved him.
Further with all the competition, it also implies DEPTH--which means more rotations for everyone, game experience for more kids, and when people know they can see see action, their heads are more 'into' the program. The holds especially true in the WRs and RBs where we have been hurt by lack of depth over the past two years.

RichH2
April 13th, 2009, 10:03 AM
From Coen'scomments, he does not seem to happy with Walker yet. Whenever a coach complains about consistency, you can plan on that player seeing the bench consistently. I hope his issues are from the long injury layoff.