PDA

View Full Version : 6 kids leaving Syracuse...

ktuck911
April 10th, 2009, 11:08 AM
... reported in a message board thread on UCONN scout football message board. ( link: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=342&f=2873&t=4206788 )

Can anybody confirm? I noticed that none of these kids are on Syracuses website roster for the Spring but they were listed on last year's roster... 1 QB - David Legree(RSo), 1 TB - Jeremiah Harden(RFr), 2 CBs - Tyrell Harris(RFr) and Matt Reid (RSo), and 2 WRs - Dan Sheeran (RJr) & Trey Fairchild (RFr)..

Kids with 4 years (3), 3 years (2), and 2 years(1) of eligibility. Just wondering if any of these kids are looking at any FCS schools...

Cobblestone
April 10th, 2009, 11:55 AM
found this.

http://www.syracuse.com/today/index.ssf/2009/04/syracuse_quarterback_david_leg.html

paward
April 10th, 2009, 12:20 PM
It was a bit crowded in the backfield!

DetroitFlyer
April 10th, 2009, 07:05 PM
One of the kids is considering Dayton.

Seawolf97
April 10th, 2009, 07:32 PM
1 is at StonyBrook

Libertine
April 10th, 2009, 07:40 PM
1 is at StonyBrook

How is that possible? If they all quit the team during spring practice, which the link below states that they did, how can any of them be already enrolled at another institution?

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1239267627238590.xml&coll=1

Seawolf97
April 10th, 2009, 08:11 PM
How is that possible? If they all quit the team during spring practice, which the link below states that they did, how can any of them be already enrolled at another institution?

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1239267627238590.xml&coll=1

My error he will be coming in with the new freshman class this summer I believe he is the QB .

ktuck911
April 11th, 2009, 07:09 AM
My error he will be coming in with the new freshman class this summer I believe he is the QB .

Corey Stringer (formerly of UCONN) did the same thing... He bolted UCONN for Stony Brook just before his redshirt frosh year started...

Tribe4SF
April 11th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Corey Stringer (formerly of UCONN) did the same thing... He bolted UCONN for Stony Brook just before his redshirt frosh year started...

I wondered what happened to Corey. W&M was after him his senior year, but the academics were an obstacle.

Seawolf97
April 11th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I dont know much about this kid from Syracuse. He was mentioned by the coach in video taped interview done about 2 weeks ago. The question is whats going on at Syracuse thats making these players leave for other programs?

Tribe4SF
April 11th, 2009, 10:07 AM
No secret that the Syracuse program has been in disarray. With a recruiting class ranked #117 in FBS, things aren't likely to get much better.

mainejeff
April 11th, 2009, 12:02 PM
No secret that the Syracuse program has been in disarray. With a recruiting class ranked #117 in FBS, things aren't likely to get much better.

That's good news for Maine! We are currently scheduled to play them in 2009 AND 2010. xnodx

Tribe4SF
April 11th, 2009, 12:42 PM
That's good news for Maine! We are currently scheduled to play them in 2009 AND 2010. xnodx

Maine should have a shot against the Orangemen. Cosgrove has a history of playing tough against FBS teams.

BEAR
April 11th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Breaking News: The 6 transfers are headed to SHSU...

xwhistlex

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Wildcat80
April 11th, 2009, 06:30 PM

I think those are probable wins too. We've been trying to get them to play us but no luck so far. Or Connecticut. I think it will take a couple years for any impact by their new head coach. Go get 'em Bears!

mainejeff
April 11th, 2009, 07:03 PM
I think those are probable wins too. We've been trying to get them to play us but no luck so far. Or Connecticut. I think it will take a couple years for any impact by their new head coach. Go get 'em Bears!

I'm thinking that they may drop us in 2010 if we win this season. :(

Franks Tanks
April 11th, 2009, 10:05 PM
I dont know much about this kid from Syracuse. He was mentioned by the coach in video taped interview done about 2 weeks ago. The question is whats going on at Syracuse thats making these players leave for other programs?

They have a new coach who is laying down the law and cutting dead weight--simple as that. I hope the Cuse can recover, they have a great football tradition.

Uncle Buck
April 12th, 2009, 08:44 AM

You could be right, Legree is a Brooklyn kid who looked very good in high school. Maybe if his head is on straight, he'll push for a starting job over Dayne Hoffman (forgive me if i got the last name wrong).

Two very different style QB's, Legree is more of a runner. I know he's young, but Hoffman didn't impress me with his throwing ability so maybe Legree can and will unseat him.

DFW HOYA
April 12th, 2009, 08:47 AM
They have a new coach who is laying down the law and cutting dead weight--simple as that. I hope the Cuse can recover, they have a great football tradition.

Syracuse 2009=Georgetown 2006?

Seawolf97
April 12th, 2009, 09:11 PM
You could be right, Legree is a Brooklyn kid who looked very good in high school. Maybe if his head is on straight, he'll push for a starting job over Dayne Hoffman (forgive me if i got the last name wrong).

Two very different style QB's, Legree is more of a runner. I know he's young, but Hoffman didn't impress me with his throwing ability so maybe Legree can and will unseat him.

Hoffman was shaky at best last year. We do have a JC All Ameican sitting on the bench who might be ready also. He didnt play 1 down last year.

Bull Fan
April 13th, 2009, 01:24 AM
Hoffman was shaky at best last year. We do have a JC All Ameican sitting on the bench who might be ready also. He didnt play 1 down last year.

That's embarrassing, since I wouldn't call last year's SBU line a powerful unit.

elon77
April 13th, 2009, 07:54 AM

How many will go to the U of Delaware?

blukeys
April 13th, 2009, 10:32 AM
How many will go to the U of Delaware?

Only the real good ones. :D:D

bleedblue
April 13th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Only the real good ones. :D:D

I know you may be joking but we've gotten our fair share of bad ones also. Even before the OSU QB xfer.

jmufan999
April 13th, 2009, 01:39 PM

that name brought back memories....

i'm a HUGE Minnesota Vikings fan. Korey Stringer was the perennial All-Pro OL that died of heat exhaustion in training camp about 10 years ago... tragic. probably could have been a Hall-of-Famer. i digress.

carry on...

blukeys
April 13th, 2009, 02:04 PM
I know you may be joking but we've gotten our fair share of bad ones also. Even before the OSU QB xfer.

xpissedx Dohhh!!!!! You just had to ruin my day. Please don't mention OSU again!!

I-AA Fan
April 13th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Most of those kids saw the writing on the wall. New staff, new system, new players. I understand a couple of them lost scholarship to recruits. I can see all of them dropping except maybe the two with 4-years of eligibility. You have to be a real stud to make it to the NFL after not playing for two years.

Sorry bluekeys, my daughter attends OSU, so even though I am not the big fan:

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics/500/FN/FNOMWXWUVKHBRUP.20080822193842.jpg

O-H...

TCisMYhero
April 13th, 2009, 04:06 PM
http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics/500/FN/FNOMWXWUVKHBRUP.20080822193842.jpg

O-H...

O-H... No you didn't

I-AA Fan
April 13th, 2009, 04:23 PM
O-H... No you didn't

Considering I am a Buckeye dad ..."I-O" is probably more appropriate xrulesx

Hoyadestroya85
April 13th, 2009, 04:54 PM
I hate this.. i don't care if they're leaving syracuse.. let me know when they've relocated.. this isn't FCS news. I hate all of this praying whenever a kid decides to leave a school. not news until they actually commit to FCS schools.. when they do.. make a thread

blukeys
April 14th, 2009, 12:03 AM
I hate this.. i don't care if they're leaving syracuse.. let me know when they've relocated.. this isn't FCS news. I hate all of this praying whenever a kid decides to leave a school. not news until they actually commit to FCS schools.. when they do.. make a thread

Agreed!!

Also let me know if they succeed in being on the two deep roster. Otherwise they are just one of many who were big deals in high school who were not quite good enough to make it in College.

Uncle Buck
April 14th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Agreed!!

Also let me know if they succeed in being on the two deep roster. Otherwise they are just one of many who were big deals in high school who were not quite good enough to make it in College.

Hah, i just saw this and thought it makes your point:
xgiveadamnx

Libertine
April 16th, 2009, 08:16 AM
The Syracuse QB, David Legree, is headed to Hampton.

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/04/16/hampton-to-gain-transfer-qb?blog=2

98hoya
April 17th, 2009, 03:34 PM

Probable wins? I'll be pulling for Maine too, but I think they are PROBABLE 30 point losses.