PDA

View Full Version : If your team was in the NC...

BooneNative
April 9th, 2009, 12:50 PM
who would you want to play and why??

OL FU
April 9th, 2009, 12:56 PM
who would you want to play and why??

Anybodyxnodx

Although a shot at Montana for 2001 would be nice or even JMU for 2004xnodx

RichH2
April 9th, 2009, 12:57 PM
for me ,it would be great to playColgate.2 PLschools in championship game .

GoBlueHens83
April 9th, 2009, 12:59 PM
I'm with OL FU, doesn't really matter who we play. Though I would like another shot at Appalachian State.

MaximumBobcat
April 9th, 2009, 01:00 PM
I'd want to play GSU or App St. Or UNI.

GannonFan
April 9th, 2009, 01:02 PM
I would love to play Furman, but I'd be afraid they would schedule a money game for that week and skip the championship game. :p:p:p:p:p

DFW HOYA
April 9th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Villanova (Would like to play them someday, but no interest from the 'Cats...)

paward
April 9th, 2009, 01:11 PM
The Dukes of JMU! Wanted them in the NC 2008. Could not wait to kick the ball to Scotty then push him back in the endzone. Do not get me wrong I have nothing but gratitude for Scotty and JMU. They changed our season last year. But would love to play them in the NC game.

OL FU
April 9th, 2009, 01:13 PM
I would love to play Furman, but I'd be afraid they would schedule a money game for that week and skip the championship game. :p:p:p:p:p

We wouldn't want you to be 0 for threexnodx

jstclmet
April 9th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Villanova (It may be the only way they'll play the Hoyas...)

Georgetown - Should be guaranteed win for Nova, not to mention another Championship win for Nova at the expense of GT.

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

JMU Newbill
April 9th, 2009, 01:44 PM
The Dukes of JMU! Wanted them in the NC 2008. Could not wait to kick the ball to Scotty then push him back in the endzone. Do not get me wrong I have nothing but gratitude for Scotty and JMU. They changed our season last year. But would love to play them in the NC game.

The feeling is mutual... atleast from my end. We would have loved a chance to play UR in the NC. Who gets the advantage in our series on a neutral field??? Not sure how that would work.

Other than UR... I'd love to see JMU matched up against Montana again. They paid us back for 2004, now it's time to pay them back for 2008.

CrazyCat
April 9th, 2009, 01:52 PM
1. Anybody
2. Appalachian State
3. Montana Grizzlies

DLS
April 9th, 2009, 02:11 PM
montana or jmu

from the socon: gsu

GannonFan
April 9th, 2009, 02:26 PM

If you need to wait every 20 years to cherrypick the years when we have abysmal QB play, then I imagine we'll see you again in about 2028. xlolxxlolxxlolx:p

Uncle Rico's Clan
April 9th, 2009, 02:32 PM
I think it would be an amazing game if the Griz could play MSU, chatty would be out of control for a few days. But at the same time if the Griz lost that game, the Cats would have ultimate bragging rights from now until the end of time so i would have some apprehension about a matchup like that in the title game.

Reign of Terrier
April 9th, 2009, 02:33 PM
I would like to beat one of the former "big 3" in the Socon that way they can finally admit it really is something of the past and Wofford is in the hierarchy of the conference.

OL FU
April 9th, 2009, 02:34 PM
If you need to wait every 20 years to cherrypick the years when we have abysmal QB play, then I imagine we'll see you again in about 2028. xlolxxlolxxlolx:p

Then you will be 0 for 3xnodx

vettert49
April 9th, 2009, 05:01 PM
NDSU, UNI, or a rematch against Richmond, with a different outcome! But other than that we will take on anybody in a championship game. I just hope we don't have to wait till 2012.

TheValleyRaider
April 9th, 2009, 05:22 PM
I suppose if I had to pick 1, and just 1.... Delaware

mtgrizfan4life
April 9th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Montana State or Applachian State

jmufan999
April 9th, 2009, 06:03 PM
i'd want to play a good team.... so this should be a compliment if i list your team. and you shouldn't get your panties in a bunch if i don't list you.... Montana, App State, Villanova, UNI, Weber State (think the QB will have a shot at the WP award), NDSU. whoever the Furman fan was that wanted JMU, you're right, that would be a fun re-match. i didn't get to see the game but i'm sure it was interesting. nice defensive battle.

paward
April 9th, 2009, 06:42 PM
i'd want to play a good team.... so this should be a compliment if i list your team. and you shouldn't get your panties in a bunch if i don't list you.... Montana, App State, Villanova, UNI, Weber State (think the QB will have a shot at the WP award), NDSU. whoever the Furman fan was that wanted JMU, you're right, that would be a fun re-match. i didn't get to see the game but i'm sure it was interesting. nice defensive battle.

PANTIES BUNCHED UP!

Wildcat80
April 9th, 2009, 06:43 PM
This year either JMU, Richmond or Delaware since they are not on our schedule and an all CAA title game for all the marbles would be great! App State if they beat those three on the way there. UNI since we've got scores to settle with them. Just Win Baby-CATS!

ncman071
April 9th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Michigan

Gil Dobie
April 9th, 2009, 08:08 PM
2007 App St vs NDSU
1980's Georgia Southern vs NDSU

ValleyChamp
April 9th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Dayton.

LUHawker
April 9th, 2009, 08:38 PM
For Lehigh it would have to be Delaware or Lafayette.

Can you imagine if "The Rivalry" was for the National Championship!

Mayhem!!

Grizo406
April 9th, 2009, 09:50 PM
I really, really wanted to play UNI for the National Championship this past season, but it didn't happen.

Other than UNI, I'd like another game with Richmond, GSU, or JMU for all the marbles!

A NC game with Montana State is just too much to ask for, so I won't, but it would be an undeniable hoot!

Cocky
April 9th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Open

kirkblitz
April 9th, 2009, 10:14 PM
App state

so we could avenge our two losses in boone xnonox

g-webb1994
April 9th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Promote Central State Ohio up to the FCS from D-2 so G-Webb can extract some NAIA 1992 revenge on them!xmadxxbangxxbangxxanim_chaix

Mountaineer#96
April 10th, 2009, 07:19 AM
JMU or Montana would be nice........:)

OL FU
April 10th, 2009, 08:04 AM
I suppose an FU GSU match up would be interesting again with the history. It was set up perfectly in 2004 but we both blew against those damn CAA teams:o

Thunderstruck84
April 10th, 2009, 08:52 AM
For NDSU....

1. USC
2. Oklahoma
3. Florida
4. Ohio St
5. App St
6. Montana

:D I'm kidding..... maybe

Redwyn
April 10th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Hofstra, Hofstra, and a bit more Hofstra. An all Long Island NC would be fantastic, however unlikely it is.

achrist70
April 10th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Richmond, Delaware, App. State, or SIU.

The first three for obvious reasons, and SIU because of the great rivalry and it would be great for the Valley.

hippy@GSU
April 10th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Furman- Revival of the Diamond Bowl

Delaware, McNeese

1999 GSU vs. 1989 GSU

89Hen
April 10th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Anyone who would bring a lot of fans. Even though we were outnumbered by a large margin in 2007, having a full stadium and full tailgates is the only way to go. So it would have to be one of: AppSt, GSU, Furman, UNI, Montana, McNeese... I think those are the best chances to have a full stadium. xpeacex

Seawolf97
April 10th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Hofstra, Hofstra, and a bit more Hofstra. An all Long Island NC would be fantastic, however unlikely it is.

I would like us to just beat them first in a regular season game. xbawlingx

Redwyn
April 11th, 2009, 07:25 AM
I would like us to just beat them first in a regular season game. xbawlingx

Amen

Husky Alum
April 11th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Since this is pure fantasy since NU's never going to be in the NC, I'd love to play Harvard or Yale.

Like I said, pure fantasy, since none of the three schools will play for the NC any time in the near future.

DuckDuckGriz
April 11th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Georgia Southern. That 2000 NC still hurts......

Sidenote: can anyone believe that was nearly a decade ago xeekx

T-Dog
April 11th, 2009, 08:14 PM
When we have six titles, I'd love to play Georgia Southern in the Nat'l Title game to get our seventh while they're still stuck on six.

Oh, and Montana. Overtime in 2000 in Missoula will be avenged one day.

uofmman1122
April 11th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Montana State, Georgia Southern, or Appy.

A win against MSU in the chipper would be the sweetest thing ever.

DFW HOYA
April 11th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Georgetown - Should be guaranteed win for Nova...Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

As long as Coach Talley is there, I wouldn't be so sure.

DX Man
April 11th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Montana or JMU

furman94
April 12th, 2009, 03:43 PM

xlolx xwhistlex

FCS_pwns_FBS
April 12th, 2009, 03:47 PM
App. State. That would be awesome. Especially if we lost the RS game in a heartbreaker.

Silenoz
April 12th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Montana State

hippy@GSU
April 12th, 2009, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE=T-Dog;1329277]When we have six titles, I'd love to play Georgia Southern in the Nat'l Title game to get our seventh while they're still stuck on six.
QUOTE]

Someone wake this poor fellow up and tell him that he was dream-typing.(Though that is the purpose of this). I would like to play App. St. also, but not for a championship tiebreaker.

VI

I-AA Fan
April 13th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Hypothetically, Ohio State, because that would mean we are BCS, and people would care to watch. Don't take that the wrong way.

Failing that, anyone we have lost to in the past; preferably not in the same conference, or that we played in the regular season.

TCisMYhero
April 13th, 2009, 03:31 PM
App St. I'd like to reverse the heartbreaker role from 2005. I wouldn't trade the image of some drunk App fan jumping over the wall and breaking his leg though. Or the App fan who was getting ready to piss on a UNI flag near midfield and some big burly UNI fan speared him into 2006. Reminded me of a Wile E. Coyote cartoon when the head stays 10 feet from where the body is. Hilarious stuff.

BobcatTXST04
April 13th, 2009, 03:34 PM
My picks would be:

UNI (to avenge our "kneeling" incedent)

UM (since you guys cut our playoff run short)

App. St.

GSU

JMU

Montana St. (if only to call it the Bobcat Bowl / Cat fight)

appmaj
April 13th, 2009, 03:38 PM
JMU
Richmond
WCU (Make the rivalry valid)

catatac
April 13th, 2009, 04:42 PM
I think it would be an amazing game if the Griz could play MSU, chatty would be out of control for a few days. But at the same time if the Griz lost that game, the Cats would have ultimate bragging rights from now until the end of time so i would have some apprehension about a matchup like that in the title game.

Absolutely! My Griz fan buddies and I always talk about how cool this would be. I'm pretty sure most people that follow FCS football agree that we own THE greatest rivalry in 1-AA\FCS football of all time, would be incredible to meet for the national title.

bostonspider
April 13th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Greatest rivalry of FCS Football of all time?? I think Harvard / Yale and Lehigh / Lafayette would definitely disagree with you there...

igo4uni
April 13th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Indiana State.

catatac
April 14th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Greatest rivalry of FCS Football of all time?? I think Harvard / Yale and Lehigh / Lafayette would definitely disagree with you there...

As far as intensity level, and how emotional this game is for players and fans, how much it means, what this game does in terms of basically shutting down the state for several hours... I don't think any other rivalry out there compares. You have to experience it to understand. Just my opinion of course... ;)

UNH_Alum_In_CT
April 14th, 2009, 01:52 PM
As far as intensity level, and how emotional this game is for players and fans, how much it means, what this game does in terms of basically shutting down the state for several hours... I don't think any other rivalry out there compares. You have to experience it to understand. Just my opinion of course... ;)

Other than the shutting down the state factor, I venture to say that Yale-Harvard and Lehigh-Lafayette more than match Montana-MSU. Now, in the Northeast nothing short of a national catastrophe is going to shut down a state. Not the Red Sox, the Patriots, the Yankees, the Giants, the Phillies nor the Eagles can do that. There are just too many people with varied interests and backgrounds here. But that doesn't shortchange the environment when 55K people attend the Yale-Harvard game in New Haven. The ole Ivy Leaguers might be pretty casual, laid back fans, but they do get ramped up for that season ending clash. And I've read enough posters from Lehigh and Lafayette to known that their game is a cut or three above the typical FCS rivalry game.

Many of us think you and others from Montana need to experience Yale-Harvard and Lehigh-Lafayette (and vica versa) to understand that they indeed might just be as big a deal or bigger than the Montana showdown. xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex I've not experienced any of them first hand so I don't make bold statements about which one is the best.

Skjellyfetti
April 14th, 2009, 01:55 PM
WCU (Make the rivalry valid)

You just boggled my mind. xeekx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
April 14th, 2009, 01:58 PM
To get back on topic, as for the NC......anybody, any place, any time! I just want to play in the game first and worry about the match-up later. :p

No doubt there are a couple of schools that would provide some serious demon purging. (My serious drunken nightmares don't have pink elephants. They have purple panthers! ;) :p :p :p)

And like many others there are league foes that would provide serious satisfaction if they were beat in the NC.

Wildcat80
April 14th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Other than the shutting down the state factor, I venture to say that Yale-Harvard and Lehigh-Lafayette more than match Montana-MSU. Now, in the Northeast nothing short of a national catastrophe is going to shut down a state. Not the Red Sox, the Patriots, the Yankees, the Giants, the Phillies nor the Eagles can do that. There are just too many people with varied interests and backgrounds here. But that doesn't shortchange the environment when 55K people attend the Yale-Harvard game in New Haven. The ole Ivy Leaguers might be pretty casual, laid back fans, but they do get ramped up for that season ending clash. And I've read enough posters from Lehigh and Lafayette to known that their game is a cut or three above the typical FCS rivalry game.

Many of us think you and others from Montana need to experience Yale-Harvard and Lehigh-Lafayette (and vica versa) to understand that they indeed might just be as big a deal or bigger than the Montana showdown. xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex I've not experienced any of them first hand so I don't make bold statements about which one is the best.

Never been to Lehigh-Lafayette. Yale-Harvard has been rather one sided lately. Most fans/students could care less about the game-its only an excuse to drink. Reminds me alot of UConn games where students only arrive at the half.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
April 14th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Never been to Lehigh-Lafayette. Yale-Harvard has been rather one sided lately. Most fans/students could care less about the game-its only an excuse to drink. Reminds me alot of UConn games where students only arrive at the half.

I'd venture to guess that students are a fraction of the usual 55K at Yale Bowl for Harvard and the 40K at the Rent though. Personally, I don't care how one sided the series has become, a consistent 50K+ crowd at the Yale Bowl for Harvard is very impressive in today's Ivy League football world. And it looks like that lack of success might have forced a coach out in New Haven too. That game is still important and gets certain blue blood boiling.

buckp
April 14th, 2009, 03:09 PM
McNeese vs UNI xnodx

Neither have won the NC and both are about equal distance away from Chatty, so the stadium should be full with a crowd divided about half and half.

Love to party with some of the great Panther fans....xbowx

BooneNative
April 15th, 2009, 10:49 AM
i would have to say GSU's 99' or 00' squads or 08's JMU