PDA

View Full Version : Central Arkansas to play WKU

wkuhillhound
April 4th, 2009, 09:52 AM
WKU finally released it 2009 schedule and one FCS appears and that is Central Arkansas. Central Arkansas will be going to Bowling Green on 9/19. The time of the game will be announced at a later date. This will be WKU's first official year in the Sun Belt Conference. Go Tops! xnodx

BEAR
April 4th, 2009, 09:57 AM
http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=schedule&sportid=1

Here's the link to UCAs game schedule that lists the game time at 6 p.m. The school site has had it listed for several weeks now and the WKU message board has talked about playing the Bears for a while. Hope you're not expecting an easy win like the MB fans..it ain't gonna happen. xnonono2x xcoolx

TexasTerror
April 4th, 2009, 09:58 AM
WKU finally released it 2009 schedule and one FCS appears and that is Central Arkansas. Central Arkansas will be going to Bowling Green on 9/19. The time of the game will be announced at a later date. This will be WKU's first official year in the Sun Belt Conference. Go Tops! xnodx

We've known this one for awhile - since February, in fact - haven't the Toppers known as well? A shame the 2008 Bears are not going to Bowling Green, KY - as that would most certainly be a loss.

wkuhillhound
April 4th, 2009, 10:01 AM
We've known this one for awhile - since February, in fact - haven't the Toppers known as well? A shame the 2008 Bears are not going to Bowling Green, KY - as that would most certainly be a loss.

I personally don't know until the schedule is released. Maybe the people inside Toppers program may have known. I don't take "unofficial" conference champions lightly in my book. xthumbsupx

BEAR
April 4th, 2009, 10:37 AM

TT, This year's Bears aren't much different even without NB in the lineup. The only question in my eyes is the interior oline. The defense is so much better and coach recruited oline guys as well. I think the team will be the same as last year, with very little drop off after a few good practices and team chemistry built up. Scrimmage today at 2 p.m. Can't wait to see which qb will light it up!xlolx

TexasTerror
April 4th, 2009, 10:43 AM
I personally don't know until the schedule is released. Maybe the people inside Toppers program may have known. I don't take "unofficial" conference champions lightly in my book. xthumbsupx

Do you not go to Hilltopper Haven? Pretty sure that bunch knew. And I'm glad you do not take the champs lightly. xwhistlex

TT, This year's Bears aren't much different even without NB in the lineup. The only question in my eyes is the interior oline. The defense is so much better and coach recruited oline guys as well. I think the team will be the same as last year, with very little drop off after a few good practices and team chemistry built up. Scrimmage today at 2 p.m. Can't wait to see which qb will light it up!xlolx

No question a Clint Conque team is going to be ready to go. Well-coached and we'll see how the new guys come in. What's the latest on the QB situation? Let us know after the scrimmage...

Keeper
April 4th, 2009, 02:50 PM
At this point my numbers show UCA favored by 7.

BEAR
April 4th, 2009, 08:58 PM
At this point my numbers show UCA favored by 7.

xeekxxeekxxeekxxeekx

Looks like Robbie is the front runner with Nathan Dick second. But having said that, it's only the first scrimmage after a few practices and the team is looking for it's identity still. If the offense clicks like the defense is clicking, whoever is at QB will be very very happy. Oline questions..interior..that's the only flaw..but a big one in my book. xcoffeex