PDA

View Full Version : SHSU Completes Football Schedule

TexasTerror
April 1st, 2009, 02:54 PM
After Prairie View A&M dropped off the SHSU schedule (and apparently did so without informing anyone in Huntsville), the Bearkats were left with a 10th game, which they filled with Div II St. Joseph's.

I am sure the Bearkat faithful will complain about a sub-Div I team but there was no other choices late in the game, especially when you consider the limited options and budget implications.

The future schedules are pretty set now for the next two years and on the bright side, SHSU has three OOC games at Bowers during what is a three-game year of SLC games. Two of the OOC games are against teams that could potentially be in the top 25 at the beginning of the season.

Thu, Sep 03 Western Illinois Huntsville, TX 6 p.m.
Sat, Sep 19 North Dakota St (Parents Weekend) Huntsville, TX 6 p.m.
Sat, Sep 26 Tulsa at Tulsa, OK 6 p.m.
Sat, Oct 03 St. Joseph's Huntsville, TX 2 p.m.
Sat, Oct 10 Nicholls St. (Homecoming) * Huntsville, TX 2 p.m.
Sat, Oct 17 Southeastern Louisiana * at Hammond, LA TBA
Sat, Oct 24 Stephen F. Austin * at Nacodoghes, TX TBA
Sat, Oct 31 Northwestern St. * Huntsville, TX 6 p.m.
Sat, Nov 07 McNeese St. * at Lake Charles, LA TBA
Sat, Nov 14 Central Arkansas * Huntsville, TX 2 p.m.
Sat, Nov 21 Texas St. U.-San Marcos * at San Marcos, TX TBA

Schedule:
http://www.gobearkats.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=92957&SPID=11345&DB_OEM_ID=19900&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2009

dmksioux
April 1st, 2009, 03:08 PM
After Prairie View A&M dropped off the SHSU schedule (and apparently did so without informing anyone in Huntsville), the Bearkats were left with a 10th game, which they filled with Div II St. Joseph's.

I am sure the Bearkat faithful will complain about a sub-Div I team but there was no other choices late in the game, especially when you consider the limited options and budget implications.

The future schedules are pretty set now for the next two years and on the bright side, SHSU has three OOC games at Bowers during what is a three-game year of SLC games. Two of the OOC games are against teams that could potentially be in the top 25 at the beginning of the season.

Sat, Nov 07 McNeese St. * at Lake Charles, LA TBA

Schedule:
http://www.gobearkats.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=92957&SPID=11345&DB_OEM_ID=19900&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2009

At least you only have one sub DI team on your schedule. You appear to have a pretty solid schedule. Still wish we would have been able to work something out to get you guys to come up to NoDak. At least we filled out our schedule with another home FCS school (Stony Brook). Perhaps we will get to meet sometime in the future.

TexasTerror
April 1st, 2009, 03:46 PM
At least you only have one sub DI team on your schedule. You appear to have a pretty solid schedule. Still wish we would have been able to work something out to get you guys to come up to NoDak. At least we filled out our schedule with another home FCS school (Stony Brook). Perhaps we will get to meet sometime in the future.

I got to think that budget considerations factored in.

The athletic department probably submitted their budget for next year not too long ago and we had planned to play Prairie View A&M, which is a short hop, skip and jump away. Well, they backed out on us (again, without informing anyone and not returning phone calls) and we probably did not have to pay too much to get St. Joseph's down to play us.

UND would be nice down the road. With USTA (possibly) and Lamar (definitely) joining the SLC, our schedule habits are set to change. I'm not sure if the PV actions and those of the other SWAC schools around the league will convince us to not play them - but I would think that if the SLC has an eight-game schedule starting in 2011, we'll play one (or two) FCS teams, one FBS and zero (or one) sub-Div I.

McTailGator
April 1st, 2009, 08:48 PM

Sat, Nov 07 McNeese St. * at Lake Charles, LA 7 p,m.

Schedule:

Fixed the TBA at McNeese for you TT. xsmiley_wix

TexasTerror
April 1st, 2009, 09:04 PM
Fixed the TBA at McNeese for you TT. xsmiley_wix

No chance for SLC TV making that one a bit difficult for 7 p.m? No 6 p.m. start or how about a 2 p.m. start? xlolx

McTailGator
April 1st, 2009, 09:19 PM
No chance for SLC TV making that one a bit difficult for 7 p.m? No 6 p.m. start or how about a 2 p.m. start? xlolx

NOT a chance...

Although I must admit, that I would not mind seeing 6 PM starts after Sept.