PDA

View Full Version : Which Game Do you Want Televised?

TexasTerror
November 27th, 2005, 01:20 PM
I know there was a lot of huffing and puffing over last week's TV games and what happened (namely UNH/Colgate). Only one game on ESPN this week with the rest on Gameplan.

It has not been announced yet as of 1:20 PM (CST), so if you had a choice, which game would you want?

My choice:
1. TxSt/Cal Poly
2. App St/S.Illinois

WildcatFan
November 27th, 2005, 01:24 PM
When will the game times be announced?

TexasTerror
November 27th, 2005, 01:25 PM
When will the game times be announced?

Television spot for ESPN2 is 3 pm CST/4 pm EST...

PantherMan
November 27th, 2005, 01:33 PM
The most exciting game will be UNI-UNH. SIU-ASU should be a good one as well. Tough choice between those two, but I would guess the nod goes to ASU, as I assume they have lights? Even with plans to bring in temporary lighting, New Hampshire might not be what ESPN wants to show again.

TexasTerror
November 27th, 2005, 01:35 PM
The most exciting game will be UNI-UNH. SIU-ASU should be a good one as well. Tough choice between those two, but I would guess the nod goes to ASU, as I assume they have lights? Even with plans to bring in temporary lighting, New Hampshire might not be what ESPN wants to show again.

UNH-UNI will be a decent game, but small market teams compared to a Texas-California matchup. Also, I thought about lighting in the equation and awful crowd for UNH's last game...

App St will pack it in. TxSt will as well...

SU Jag
November 27th, 2005, 01:40 PM
I'm still pissed about the Furman game not being televised :mad: Does anyone have that game tape?

TexasTerror
November 27th, 2005, 01:44 PM
I'm still pissed about the Furman game not being televised :mad: Does anyone have that game tape?

Furman-Nicholls was televised on the 'Net. The feed was incredible!

Saint3333
November 27th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Yes ASU has lights and has so since the 70's. I find it hard to believe that 1-AA schools don't have lights :confused:

TexasTerror
November 27th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Just in...

ESPN2...

TEXAS STATE BOBCATS hosting CAL POLY 'STANGS!

dwtime
November 27th, 2005, 02:15 PM
UNH-UNI will be a decent game, but small market teams compared to a Texas-California matchup. Also, I thought about lighting in the equation and awful crowd for UNH's last game...

What awful crowd? :confused: The place was virtually sold out...........Saw alot of empty seats at Texas St (translation: not sold out). You must have been smoking something Saturday. :rolleyes:

TexasTerror
November 27th, 2005, 02:21 PM
What awful crowd? :confused: The place was virtually sold out...........Saw alot of empty seats at Texas St (translation: not sold out). You must have been smoking something Saturday. :rolleyes:

Sorry, got your game mixed with Furman/Nicholls, a game which was more entertaining than that UNH/Colgate affair. Texas St had over 10,000 folks, a very loud crowd, a more entertaining game, a stud QB and lighting...

bobcatfan06
November 27th, 2005, 02:27 PM

Your stadium holds 6,000 people. Even if it is sold out it doesn't look that great on TV. I'm not trying to be an ass, but it's the truth. I think we will have at least 15k at the game next week.

mainejeff
November 27th, 2005, 02:31 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Yeah, because we all know that everyone in the state of Texas and California will be watching this one. :rolleyes:

UNHWildCats
November 27th, 2005, 02:36 PM
why do they go from 3 televised games in the 1st round to 1 in the second

TexasTerror
November 27th, 2005, 02:41 PM
why do they go from 3 televised games in the 1st round to 1 in the second

The other games are all on ESPNU. My post was about the ESPN2 game. I'm guessing the 930 PM game is a tape-delayed game?

From ESPN.com...

2005 NCAA Div. 1-AA Football Championship 2:30 pm to
5:30 pm
2005 NCAA Div. 1-AA Football Championship 6:00 pm to
9:00 pm
2005 NCAA Div. 1-AA Football Championship 9:30 pm to
12:30 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/scheduleSport?date=20051203&network=34&sport=FB

JohnStOnge
Your stadium holds 6,000 people. Even if it is sold out it doesn't look that great on TV. I'm not trying to be an ass, but it's the truth. I think we will have at least 15k at the game next week.

I think the New Hamsphire setting was a good one. A certain rustic charm. I'm not being sarcastic either. I thought it looked better on TV than Texas State did because Texas State had so many empty seats. I realize they had a bigger crowd (at least reportedly...I don't know about that 10,000-even reported attendance) but that many empty seats for a school's first ever I-AA playoff game still doesn't look good.

yosefcity
Where does it say that they will put Texas State on National TV. I just checked espn.com and it has TBA.

Plus when is the TV game slot that we will get.

TexasTerror
November 27th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Where does it say that they will put Texas State on National TV. I just checked espn.com and it has TBA. Plus when is the TV game slot that we will get.

"Texas State University's quarterfinal NCAA Division I-AA playoff game with Cal Poly will be broadcast live Saturday on ESPN2. Kickoff for the game is set for 3 p.m. from Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium."

http://txstatebobcats.collegesports.com/

JohnStOnge
November 27th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Just in...

ESPN2...

TEXAS STATE BOBCATS hosting CAL POLY 'STANGS!

Good. Now we get to see how Nealy does against a pretty strong I-AA defense. I wouldn't be surprised if his performance yesterday was a factor. Expect plenty of Nealy hype from the television crew.

Let's (us Southland fans) hope he doesn't put up a "Nicholls State!"

TexasTerror
November 27th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Let's (us Southland fans) hope he doesn't put up a "Nicholls State!"

Or a "Sam Houston State"...was less than 50% accurate in that game with plenty of turnovers by offense and drops by the WRs...

ravens
November 27th, 2005, 02:47 PM
"Texas State University's quarterfinal NCAA Division I-AA playoff game with Cal Poly will be broadcast live Saturday on ESPN2. Kickoff for the game is set for 3 p.m. from Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium."

http://txstatebobcats.collegesports.com/

But ESPN shows a game at 4pm ????? :confused:

TexasTerror
November 27th, 2005, 02:48 PM
But ESPN shows a game at 4pm ????? :confused:

4PM EST...

San Marcos, Texas is 3 PM CST...it's central time.

yosefcity
November 27th, 2005, 02:49 PM
When will they announce the other game times?

TexasTerror
November 27th, 2005, 02:51 PM
When will they announce the other game times?

Already out...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=5809

UNHWildCats
November 27th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Already out...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=5809

the have UNH on tape delay at 9 30 PM WTF!

Tribe4SF
November 27th, 2005, 04:48 PM

How do you figure they had an awful crowd? Drew 7,800....more than capacity. Only Montana and Texas State drew larger crowds. They had more than Appy.

Mountaineer
November 27th, 2005, 05:23 PM
How do you figure they had an awful crowd? Drew 7,800....more than capacity. Only Montana and Texas State drew larger crowds. They had more than Appy.

From what I was reading at the MMB, the attendance figure was low for ASU. Most folks over there are estimating ~10,000 or so showed.

Getting back to the question at hand: :D

Would've liked to see App or UNI play, but I'll make due and listen.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 27th, 2005, 06:18 PM
And the attendance figures were low for UNH too! Everybody gets all worked up because they only see the tiny stands on the visitor's side of the field. I had read that ESPN was going to put towers up on the that side so that the larger home side would be visible more often. I'm guessing that the snow Thanksgiving Day threw a monkey wrench into those plans.

I'm sorry that UNH doesn't have beautiful facilities like some other I-AA schools, but I'm more irritated that so many people can't see what has been a very positive transformation at UNH. Why can't people acknowledge that UNH attendance was OVER capacity this season? More than double last year's attendance! Why can't people give some props for an over capacity crowd (even if the attendance posted was accurate!) when students weren't on campus and when it would have been VERY easy to sit home and watch ESPN2 rather than go out in the cold and snow?

JMHO, but I don't think I-AA should be the virtual playground of a minority of programs that have outstanding facilities. To me, the strength of our product is significantly increased with as many schools as possible having solid programs. This UNH team is in the process of reviving a dormant program and hopefully will lead toward facilities you won't be embarrassed by. For now, too many of you are completely missing a wonderful story happening in Durham. Many of the long time A-10 followers, based on years of attending games at UNH, would not have believed their eyes Saturday in Durham! Every seat was sold, there were lots of people standing and not all of them had great views of the game! People were excited and making noise! Folks, this is good for I-AA!!

Mountaineer
November 27th, 2005, 06:28 PM
UNH_Alum:

My post wasn't meant to bash UNH at all (just that attendance figures *do* mean something and we all like to defend outselves ;). I agree with your post completely. I'm glad to see UNH having a hell of a season and I hope you folks get the improvements you're wanting.

blackfordpu
November 27th, 2005, 07:36 PM
I'll be watching Tx State on Saturday. I am thinking that they pull this one out as well. I don't think Cal Poly has enough to beat the bobcats.

TXST_CAT
November 27th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Lets not forget with TV it is all about selling comercials. The comback win against a perinial powerhouse makes for good TV coverage. Our program has a lot to talk about, not that others do not, but a two year turnaround under Bailiff. Not to mention a team that has some national recognition due to a good showing against TX A&M makes for good coverage of DivI-AA. People around the U.S. are curious about this DivI-AA team that took A&M the distance, I think this is good for all DivI-AA.

TexasTerror
November 27th, 2005, 08:22 PM
People around the U.S. are curious about this DivI-AA team that took A&M the distance, I think this is good for all DivI-AA.

I'd say folks are more curious about UC-Davis considering they knocked off Stanford, same Stanford that fought tooth and nail with a BCS-bound Notre Dame. Same UC-Davis that kept them from going bowl-bound...

No offense, I'm sure many have forgotten the A&M-Cats game. You don't remember how close it was unless there was dramatics at the end. Winners and losers...

Though at the end of the day, I'd rather see an SLC team on TV! :hurray:

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 27th, 2005, 09:31 PM
I'll be watching Tx State on Saturday. I am thinking that they pull this one out as well. I don't think Cal Poly has enough to beat the bobcats.

hmmm, this seems contradictory to your prediction...hmmmm :eyebrow: :confused:

ThreadStopper
November 27th, 2005, 10:19 PM
blackfordpu
I-AA EXPERT

How does Cal Poly measure up against Tx State? I don't know much about them. I am impressed that they won at Montana though. That has to say something.

Blackfordpu, you are a quick learner. I hope you are incorrect though. It will be a good game. Poly has had their trouble with this type of QB, but I am not sure Texas state is ready for the Mustang defense.

National TV! How sweet!

HPCAT
November 27th, 2005, 11:49 PM
blackfordpu
I-AA EXPERT

How does Cal Poly measure up against Tx State? I don't know much about them. I am impressed that they won at Montana though. That has to say something.

Blackfordpu, you are a quick learner. I hope you are incorrect though. It will be a good game. Poly has had their trouble with this type of QB, but I am not sure Texas state is ready for the Mustang defense.

National TV! How sweet!

I will agree that the Mustang defense will most likely be the best TXST has faced all year, as it is ranked right behind TXST in the top 20.

IMHO, the key matchup will be whether the CP offense can consistently move the ball against the TXST defense. It may be a homer statement, but it was pretty impressive when TXST totally shut down the GaSo offense in the 4th QTR, not allowing a single yard.

TXST_CAT
November 28th, 2005, 01:13 AM
I'd say folks are more curious about UC-Davis considering they knocked off Stanford, same Stanford that fought tooth and nail with a BCS-bound Notre Dame. Same UC-Davis that kept them from going bowl-bound...

No offense, I'm sure many have forgotten the A&M-Cats game. You don't remember how close it was unless there was dramatics at the end. Winners and losers...

Though at the end of the day, I'd rather see an SLC team on TV! :hurray:

Seams ESPN hasn't follow link. hold down [Ctrl] if you have a pop-up blocker. Listen to the first line by the ESPN commentator. Good try TT seems you have a thing for backhanded coments. Not a knock just an observation. Thanks for the SLC support though.
http://espn.go.com/motion/splash.html?pop=true&id=2238085&category=College%20Football&subcategory=&CMP=ILC-Motion_Friend_email
:nod: :nod: :nod:

JohnStOnge
November 28th, 2005, 07:06 AM
I will agree that the Mustang defense will most likely be the best TXST has faced all year, as it is ranked right behind TXST in the top 20.

IMHO, the key matchup will be whether the CP offense can consistently move the ball against the TXST defense. It may be a homer statement, but it was pretty impressive when TXST totally shut down the GaSo offense in the 4th QTR, not allowing a single yard.

I think Texas A&M's defense is probably better than Cal Poly's. Yes, it's poor by BCS league standards but I think its stats would be pretty good if it had played against the teams Cal Poly has played. Probably a much bigger and faster defense than anything in I-AA.

JohnStOnge
November 28th, 2005, 07:23 AM
I'm sorry that UNH doesn't have beautiful facilities like some other I-AA schools, but I'm more irritated that so many people can't see what has been a very positive transformation at UNH.

... there were lots of people standing and not all of them had great views of the game! People were excited and making noise! Folks, this is good for I-AA!!

I liked the way the UNH atmosphere looked. It looked like an intense playoff atmosphere because of things like the referenced over-capacity crowd. It sounded loud. I don't know why the people care if the stadium looks "pretty." A pretty stadium with a bunch of empty seats doesn't look as good to me as an old one with a standing room only crowd in it.

Texas State's got over 26,000 students. Thanksgiving weekend or no Thanksgiving weekend that crowd was a disappointment given the significance of the game.

NovaHater
November 28th, 2005, 09:10 AM
:hurray:
Cal Poly on TV, Great !, How many on the East Coast have seen this team, probably no one unless you watched them on the Montana website, which I tried but the video kept stopping. I felt their win was impressive so I'm anxious to see them.
It's always fun watching UNH but I'll watch them when they play in Chattanooga :D

SoCon48
November 28th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Damn, I'm tired of adding packages to satisfy the whims of the f'n, SoCon and NCAA.
The NCAA needs to treat the I-AA like real college football.
Geez. Enough is enough.

mainejeff
November 28th, 2005, 12:13 PM
:hurray:
Cal Poly on TV, Great !, How many on the East Coast have seen this team, probably no one unless you watched them on the Montana website, which I tried but the video kept stopping. I felt their win was impressive so I'm anxious to see them.
It's always fun watching UNH but I'll watch them when they play in Chattanooga :D

Agreed. I'm very excited to see Cal Poly play and see how they handle Texas State's QB.