PDA

View Full Version : So What the Heck Happened????!!!

ngineer
March 28th, 2009, 10:48 PM
There are FOUR threads on this board related to the issue of Fordham leaving the PL if the League doesn't change policy on scholarships. The "BIG" powwow was to have occured this past Thursday.....Not a peep from anywhere as to what occured. Did such a meeting ever take place, or was that a hoax? Most seemed to think it was too soon to make any such decision, but still, there is a cloud of anticipation...So does anyone know of anything out there in the dark swamps that surround Center Valley, PA?xrolleyesx

TheValleyRaider
March 28th, 2009, 10:58 PM
There were some "on-the-ground" reports in one of the threads ("Bye Bye Fordham," maybe? xconfusedx)

Basically it was more of a "sounding-out." The Presidents appear to be split evenly, and there's no decision. Obviously they'll be meeting again in the near future

Model Citizen
March 28th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Now you've blessed us with a fifth thread, what the hell guy.

I never knew Fordham had a football team.

Go...gate
March 29th, 2009, 12:20 AM
I checked to see if some announcement had been snuck on to the PL board - nothing there.

If the answer is no, somebody better have Marist on speed-dial, because the league will be on precarious footing and that will have to be the next move.

JoltinJoe
March 29th, 2009, 06:35 AM

Do you follow football?

Tribe4SF
March 29th, 2009, 07:21 AM

You never knew Fordham had a football team?!?!xeekx What the hell, guy?

Fordham
March 29th, 2009, 09:37 AM

As fun as its been to see us at the top of the topics list for a while I have to imagine there's more than a little bit of Fordham-overload for many. Certainly understandable.

Just wait 'till you see all of the 'good riddance' threads, though, if we do end up leaving. xrotatehx ... although I'm hoping you get equally sick from the 'wow, I can't believe we went full scholarship' from all of the PL fans on here.

Either way, this likely won't be the last of the Fordham (or at least PL) scholarship threads. xeekx

xdeadhorsex

colorless raider
March 29th, 2009, 09:43 AM
As fun as its been to see us at the top of the topics list for a while I have to imagine there's more than a little bit of Fordham-overload for many. Certainly understandable.

Just wait 'till you see all of the 'good riddance' threads, though, if we do end up leaving. xrotatehx ... although I'm hoping you get equally sick from the 'wow, I can't believe we went full scholarship' from all of the PL fans on here.

Either way, this likely won't be the last of the Fordham (or at least PL) scholarship threads. xeekx

xdeadhorsex

Great avatar "Fordham". Spring practice has begun at the Gate so I will try to focus on that since we are totally in the dark as to what will happen with schollies.

TheValleyRaider
March 29th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Great avatar "Fordham". Spring practice has begun at the Gate so I will try to focus on that since we are totally in the dark as to what will happen with schollies.

Isn't that usually how we are in relation to Spring practice? ;)

OL FU
March 29th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Not only do they have a football team, they share the best initials in all of football.

FU:p

JoltinJoe
March 29th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Great M*A*S*H episode.

A soldier comes into the unit with a self-inflicted bullet in his foot. He shot himself in order to get out of service on the front lines.

Maj. Frank Burns wants to report the soldier, because he believes that bullet wound in the foot has to be self-inflicted.

But Hawkeye tells Major Burns that the wound is not self-inflicted. He explains that the soldier is the kicker on the Fordham football team. When he saw someone shooting out at him, Hawkeye explains, the solider simply reacted by lifting his leg in order to kick the bullet away.

Major Burns spends the rest of the episode trying to confirm that the solider is a Fordham football player.

In one scene, he approaches Fr. Mulcahy and asks, "Father, does Fordham have a football team?"

Fr. Mulcahy responds with a total look of disgust on his face, as if he cannot believe Major Burns asked such a dumb question. With a heavy tone a sarcasm, he says: "Well, only one of the best."

JoltinJoe
March 29th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Great M*A*S*H episode.

A soldier comes into the unit with a self-inflicted bullet in his foot. He shot himself in order to get out of service on the front lines.

Maj. Frank Burns wants to report the soldier, because he believes that a bullet wound in the foot has to be self-inflicted.

But Hawkeye tells Major Burns that the wound is not self-inflicted. He explains that the soldier is the kicker on the Fordham football team. When he saw someone shooting out at him, Hawkeye explains, the solider simply reacted by lifting his leg in order to kick the bullet away.

Major Burns spends the rest of the episode trying to confirm that the solider is a Fordham football player.

In one scene, he approaches Fr. Mulcahy and asks, "Father, does Fordham have a football team?"

Fr. Mulcahy responds with a total look of disgust on his face, as if he cannot believe Major Burns asked such a dumb question. With a heavy tone a sarcasm, he says: "Well, only one of the best."

carney2
March 29th, 2009, 11:58 AM
There are FOUR threads on this board related to the issue of Fordham leaving the PL if the League doesn't change policy on scholarships. The "BIG" powwow was to have occured this past Thursday.....Not a peep from anywhere as to what occured. Did such a meeting ever take place, or was that a hoax? Most seemed to think it was too soon to make any such decision, but still, there is a cloud of anticipation...So does anyone know of anything out there in the dark swamps that surround Center Valley, PA?xrolleyesx

Apparently there was some sort of a "pow-wow," but not THE pow-wow. This from a poster on the Fordham board - and a big thank you to him for not being the kind of guy who, like me, just sits on his duff and asks what's going on:

"i called the patriot league offices today.. off the record, a meeting took place yesterday.

a few of the other PL schools are on board with scholly's and others are not. it made me a lil optimistic that a few were on board with Fordham.. no mention which schools for or against.. but reading btwn the lines it seemed 50/50 and they will have a definitive decision in June."

Seawolf97
March 29th, 2009, 12:06 PM

Back in the day they were legendary. One of colleges best-just ask Vince Lombardixthumbsupx

Model Citizen
March 29th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Lombardi is dead, just like the connection to that Fordham team.

Today's Fordham football arose from a club team.

ngineer
March 29th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Apparently there was some sort of a "pow-wow," but not THE pow-wow. This from a poster on the Fordham board - and a big thank you to him for not being the kind of guy who, like me, just sits on his duff and asks what's going on:

"i called the patriot league offices today.. off the record, a meeting took place yesterday.

a few of the other PL schools are on board with scholly's and others are not. it made me a lil optimistic that a few were on board with Fordham.. no mention which schools for or against.. but reading btwn the lines it seemed 50/50 and they will have a definitive decision in June."

Well that may be 'good' news to the extent that IF the remaining six teams are split at the moment, it would be a 4-3 vote in favor with the Rams voting. Sounds like there may have been some preliminary 'leaning' counting with further time to persuade others one way or the other.

I know that before Lehigh's Spring Game, there will be a pregame 'huddle' conducted by Coen and a lot of football supporters. I am sure Sterrett will be there, too. Perhaps we learn something a bit more definitive by then. LFN--if you were a 'big bucks' contributor to the Football Partnership you'd get an invite.;)

Lehigh Football Nation
March 30th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Well that may be 'good' news to the extent that IF the remaining six teams are split at the moment, it would be a 4-3 vote in favor with the Rams voting. Sounds like there may have been some preliminary 'leaning' counting with further time to persuade others one way or the other.

I know that before Lehigh's Spring Game, there will be a pregame 'huddle' conducted by Coen and a lot of football supporters. I am sure Sterrett will be there, too. Perhaps we learn something a bit more definitive by then. LFN--if you were a 'big bucks' contributor to the Football Partnership you'd get an invite.;)

Define "big bucks" xsmiley_wix

JoltinJoe
March 30th, 2009, 12:07 PM

Well, I see you've done a little googling and see how silly your first comment was.

And you have no idea how and why football remains an important part of Fordham University. The decision to end football at Fordham in the 1950s was never well received and, from day one thereafter, there was a push to restore football.

Students who would not take no for an answer formed a club team; administrators supported them, and the sport slowly transitioned from club, to Division III, to Division I FCS.

If it had not been for the great football tradition at Fordham, none of this would have been possible, and Fordham would be like a lot of Catholic colleges without football. There is a tangible connection between today's team and the great Fordham teams which filled up the Polo Grounds.

Model Citizen
March 30th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Whatever. They still don't have a team.

danefan
March 30th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Whatever. They still don't have a team.

They do have a playoff win in this decade. That's more than most FCS tames can say.

You are a PFL fan aren't you?

colorless raider
March 30th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Well, I see you've done a little googling and see how silly your first comment was.

And you have no idea how and why football remains an important part of Fordham University. The decision to end football at Fordham in the 1950s was never well received and, from day one thereafter, there was a push to restore football.

Students who would not take no for an answer formed a club team; administrators supported them, and the sport slowly transitioned from club, to Division III, to Division I FCS.

If it had not been for the great football tradition at Fordham, none of this would have been possible, and Fordham would be like a lot of Catholic colleges without football. There is a tangible connection between today's team and the great Fordham teams which filled up the Polo Grounds.

JJ: Keep your blood pressure low and ignore "Model Citizen". Fordham is back in football despite a down year last year.:D

Model Citizen
March 30th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Yeah, they're back. Back without Dayton on the schedule.

Can't say I'm surprised.

ngineer
March 30th, 2009, 12:29 PM
It's hard being miserable isn't it?

ngineer
March 30th, 2009, 12:31 PM

Fordham should be mighty proud the way they have come back and refused to die--like U of Detroit did when they dropped football in 1964..Just now making noises about rejoining the land of the living..xnodx

danefan
March 30th, 2009, 12:42 PM

Can't say I'm surprised.

Yes....that's right - a Dayton fan.

No wonder such Fordham anymosity.

turbodean
March 30th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Ok Mr. not so Model Citizen, take your smack over to the Smack board. Then we'll let you come out of the closet and reveal your "model team" and we'll compare.

Seawolf97
March 30th, 2009, 08:59 PM

Yes it did but the tradition was there for decades before.

Seahawks Fan
March 31st, 2009, 07:28 AM

So what?

UNHWildCats
March 31st, 2009, 07:36 AM

Can't say I'm surprised.
so your just pissed at them cause Dayton isnt on the schedule.... GET OVER IT

Model Citizen
March 31st, 2009, 10:42 AM
so your just pissed at them cause Dayton isnt on the schedule.... GET OVER IT

First of all, thank you for removing the fruity pictures of Asian boys from your posts.

No, I'm not pissed. No, I'm not a Dayton fan. Just observing that Patriot League schools aren't keeping their scheduling commitments. I also see this issue being discussed in the Lehigh thread.

Fordham
March 31st, 2009, 10:44 AM
First of all, thank you for removing the fruity pictures of Asian boys from your posts.

No, I'm not pissed. No, I'm not a Dayton fan. Just observing that Patriot League schools aren't keeping their scheduling commitments. I also see this issue being discussed in the Lehigh thread.
xconfusedx How so? Masella brought this up directly and said that Dayton canceled on us. Where can you confirm that this is not the case?

UNHWildCats
March 31st, 2009, 11:03 AM

oh they will be back when im done honoring a fallen classmate

busybee14
March 31st, 2009, 11:32 AM
Bottom Line!!!!!!

Will Fordham be offering football Scholorships for this upcoming year or not?Will Fordham be in or out of the PL?
Help me out here,I think the answer is maybe to both?I know a 2010 Fordham target recruit who is trying to follow this jumble and I want to help him shed light on this.

Franks Tanks
March 31st, 2009, 11:37 AM
Bottom Line!!!!!!

Will Fordham be offering football Scholorships for this upcoming year or not?Will Fordham be in or out of the PL?
Help me out here,I think the answer is maybe to both?I know a 2010 Fordham target recruit who is trying to follow this jumble and I want to help him shed light on this.

Fordham will most likely be offering scholly's no matter what. We do not yet know if they will be doing that in the PL.

UNI Pike
March 31st, 2009, 11:39 AM
oh they will be back when im done honoring a fallen classmate

Please feed them in the mean time.

Go...gate
April 15th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Back to the subject matter of the thread. Is anything new on this?