PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh loses DC to Marshall

RichH
April 30th, 2005, 12:27 PM
It seems every year we get cherry picked for at least a couple of coaches. This year no different. Tough for LU with 3rd DC in 3 years

ngineer
April 30th, 2005, 01:55 PM
WHERE DID YOU SEE/HEAR THIS???!!!

ngineer
April 30th, 2005, 07:18 PM
That's the price you pay when you have a top notch program with highly respected people. Delaware lost three coaches this year. Furthermore, Morrison is going to Marshall where he starred in the early '90's, and they are going into Conference USA this year, so a tremendous opportunity for a 'young guy' to get into a rising I-A program.
Lehigh has done well in re-loading its staff over the years. There is usually a quick forming line of candidates who would love to come to South Mountain and I'm sure Lembo already has a list of those he networks with for purposes of contacting. It's the nature of the college coaching business.

colgate13
April 30th, 2005, 09:59 PM
:eek:

Well, you rebounded from Gilmore, can you do it again? I think so.

ngineer
May 1st, 2005, 06:29 PM
:eek:

Well, you rebounded from Gilmore, can you do it again? I think so.

I'm confident we'll keep stride. Actually, the timing is the best, if there is such a thing. Recruiting is done, and now they can get someone in, in a couple weeks with 2 1/2 months til August camp. Coaches in the PL keep a 'short list' handy of guys they have an eye on when this stuff happens. It's part of the game. I think the DB Coach Gerard Wilcher may well become the DC. I sensed he meshed with the players real well last year, and the secondary had an excellent year. If that happens, then Lembo will be looking for a linebackers coach, for the was Morrison's area besides being the DC. McGeoy, who was a great LB, graduating in 2004, was an assistant last year while pursuing his masters. Don't know if he's staying, but he certainly was an excellent LB.