PDA

View Full Version : Sanders and Meyer's Numbers tonight....WOW!!!

Chi Panther
November 26th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Eric Sanders 31 of 40 330 yards 2 TDs 0 Ints
Erik Meyer 25 of 44 387 yards 4 TDs 0 Ints

Amazing QB'ing by two Champions.....oh yeah....Sanders is a Sophmore.....

EWURanger
November 26th, 2005, 11:07 PM
Yup, Sanders is going to be a good one. I was impressed by his decision making.....and only a Sophomore.

I actually felt like Meyer did not have a GREAT game. That being said, our offense did everything they needed to to win the game. Our defense lost the game for us.

umassfan
November 26th, 2005, 11:09 PM
And they didnt even have the best day of all QBs today... that honor goes to Santos from UNH who is also only a sophmore.

EWURanger
November 26th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Santos did have a great game, and he has had a great year.....That being said, look who UNH played.

mainejeff

There's another sophomore QB that you will get to know next week..... ;)

Chi Panther
And they didnt even have the best day of all QBs today... that honor goes to Santos from UNH who is also only a sophmore.

Nealy of TXST had 526 yards total offense.....what were Santos #s?

Tod
November 26th, 2005, 11:16 PM

I don't think you really know what you're saying, you're just saying it. Nealy had more yards, Meyer had as many TDs, so how did you so quickly come to this conclusion that enabled you to bestow this "honor"?

mainejeff
November 26th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Nealy of TXST had 526 yards total offense.....what were Santos #s?

Well, let's see......18-27, 3 TDs, 1 INT, 252 Yds.....

and rushing.....14 for 165 yds, 1 TD....

so......417 yds, 4 TDs

Any other questions regarding Santos?

ChickenMan
November 26th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Santos did have a great game, and he has had a great year.....That being said, look who UNH played.

WHEN... will you guys understand that the top Patriot League teams... Lehigh... Lafayette... Colgate are GOOD I-AA programs. UNH beat a lot of teams in the same manner that they whipped Colgate and Lafayette had ASU on the ropes late in Boone. I've said it before... but I'll try again... the best of the Patriot and Ivy Leagues can play with the 'best' of I-AA.

blur2005
November 26th, 2005, 11:21 PM
WHEN... will you guys understand that the top Patriot League teams... Lehigh... Lafayette... Colgate are GOOD I-AA programs. UNH beat a lot of teams in the same manner that they whipped Colgate and Lafayette had ASU on the ropes late in Boone. I've said it before... but I'll try again... the best of the Patriot and Ivy Leagues can play with the 'best' of I-AA.
I know I busted on Lafayette for getting the nod over Youngstown State, but there is no doubt in my mind that the Pat League boys can play. We were all cocky and crap last year going to Lehigh, then only won 14-13. They aren't a cakewalk - ask App State today. In 2003 it wasn't like Colgate had a patsy road to the final either. Don't disregard the Pat League. This was by far their weakest crew over the last couple years to come to the playoffs and they still performed decently considering they had two 8-3 teams forced to play the first and second seeds.

mainejeff
November 26th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Patriot League teams usually play smart and are well coached. That is what allows them to be competitive for the most part.

Chi Panther
November 26th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Well, let's see......18-27, 3 TDs, 1 INT, 252 Yds.....

and rushing.....14 for 165 yds, 1 TD....

so......417 yds, 4 TDs

Any other questions regarding Santos?

Black Bear Jeff....I love you.....but Nealy had the best day.....

mainejeff
November 26th, 2005, 11:34 PM
I'm not arguing that he didn't.

Just letting you know that you don't have a corner on the market when it comes to sophomore QB studs...... ;)

Chi Panther
November 26th, 2005, 11:35 PM

Just letting you know that you don't have a corner on the market when it comes to sophomore QB studs...... ;)

Valid point and totally agree. :)

Tod
November 26th, 2005, 11:42 PM

I was just pointing out that umassfan was again just throwing crap out without doing any research. Santos had a great day and is a stud, but umassfan was obviously being an A-10 homer.

ChickenMan
November 26th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Santos had a great day and is a stud, but umassfan was obviously being an A-10 homer.

not our umassfan... :p

Dallas Demon
November 26th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Black Bear Jeff....I love you.....but Nealy had the best day.....

Barrick Nealy, TxST

23-32, 4TDs, 1 Int - 400 yards Passing
12 rushes, 126 yards

Nealy Game Total: 526 yards

UMASSFAN, Nealy wins hands-down today.

Tailbone
November 26th, 2005, 11:51 PM
Just curious.
How did the UMass QBs do today? xazzx

Reed Rothchild
November 27th, 2005, 12:45 AM
I actually felt like Meyer did not have a GREAT game. That being said, our offense did everything they needed to to win the game. Our defense lost the game for us.

Yes, you are right. The reason for that was because we were able to put pressure on him. EWU had guys open every play, but we were able to disrupt him with a solid pass rush. He is truly a great player. I'm glad we have a gamer too.

PantherMan
November 27th, 2005, 01:18 AM
Yup, Sanders is going to be a good one. I was impressed by his decision making.....and only a Sophomore.

Meyer is money. When he had time, his passes were completed. I'd guess that 75% or so of his incompletions were throwaways. When he wanted to complete a pass, 9 times out of 10 he did. Glad we survived this one. From watching both today, while Santos is good, he is no Meyer. If I had a Payton vote, it would be between Meyer and Laurent Robinson from ILSU.

umassfan
November 27th, 2005, 01:31 AM
I was just pointing out that umassfan was again just throwing crap out without doing any research. Santos had a great day and is a stud, but umassfan was obviously being an A-10 homer.
ACTULLY... when I posted that I was at work and seen all of the UNH game and half of the texas state game... texas states QB did not impress me nearly as much as Santos does. Call it A10 biased or whatever you want... 500+ yards is impressive though.

umassfan
November 27th, 2005, 01:32 AM
Just curious.
How did the UMass QBs do today? xazzx
Well... he didnt loose... unlike one GSU qb. :)

skinny_uncle
November 27th, 2005, 09:34 AM
A lot of impressive offensive statistics on this thread.
Look at these numbers.
EIU Total Offense 244 yards Total points 6
Defense wins championships, I'm told.
Look out for the Dawgs.
:)

JohnStOnge
November 27th, 2005, 10:06 AM

Ok, being a Southland guy I have to put up TSU's Nealy numbers:

23 of 32 400 yards, 4 TDs, 1 int. Add 126 rushing yards rusing on 12 carries (10.5 per rush) for 526 yards total offense. One rushing TD to account for 5 TDs total.

And I'll add Santos of UNH:

18 of 27 252 yards, 3 TDs, 1 int. Add 165 rushing yards on 14 carries (11.8 per rush) for 417 yards total offense. One rushing TD to account for 4 TDs total.

JohnStOnge
November 27th, 2005, 10:22 AM
ACTULLY... when I posted that I was at work and seen all of the UNH game and half of the texas state game... texas states QB did not impress me nearly as much as Santos does. Call it A10 biased or whatever you want... 500+ yards is impressive though.

Well, yesterday Nealy had a higher completion percentage (72 vs. 67), threw for more touchdowns (4 vs. 3), had a better TD to interception ratio (4:1 vs. 3:1), and a higher yards per passing attempt (12.5 vs. 9.3) as well as per completion (17.4 vs. 14.0). He had over 100 more total yards (526 vs. 417) than Santos as well as a higher average gain per play (12.0 vs. 10.1). He accounted for 89 percent of his team's offense while Santos accounted for 69 percent of his team's production. He brought his team back from a 19 point third quarter deficit against a team rated 8th in the final regular season GPI while Santos was in a laugher against a totally overmatched opponent that came into the game rated 40th in the final GPI.

I know Santos played in the snow yesterday, but given that Nealy put up more total yards in a game than Santos has in any game he's played this season and did it in the clutch when his team really needed it, just what would Nealy have to have done yesterday to impress someone "as much as" Santos does?

UNHknowledge
November 27th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Why is there a debate about wheter Nealy or Santos played better? Both were amazing against very different teams in different conditions. I watched both games...one live and one on the tube. They both did everything they could to make their teams win. As for statistics, don't even compare the 2 because its not fair to either. You must realize Santos's stats were deflated becuase he only played 3 quarters again and UNH completely stopped passing with over a quarter and a half left. As for Nealy's stats, they came against a much better team than Colgate. Great job to both players.

UNHWildCats
November 27th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Well, yesterday Nealy had a higher completion percentage (72 vs. 67), threw for more touchdowns (4 vs. 3), had a better TD to interception ratio (4:1 vs. 3:1), and a higher yards per passing attempt (12.5 vs. 9.3) as well as per completion (17.4 vs. 14.0). He had over 100 more total yards (526 vs. 417) than Santos as well as a higher average gain per play (12.0 vs. 10.1). He accounted for 89 percent of his team's offense while Santos accounted for 69 percent of his team's production. He brought his team back from a 19 point third quarter deficit against a team rated 8th in the final regular season GPI while Santos was in a laugher against a totally overmatched opponent that came into the game rated 40th in the final GPI.

I know Santos played in the snow yesterday, but given that Nealy put up more total yards in a game than Santos has in any game he's played this season and did it in the clutch when his team really needed it, just what would Nealy have to have done yesterday to impress someone "as much as" Santos does?

So Nealy is better then Santos because Tex St sucks so bad it needs one player to carry the team? oh you forgot to mention Santos didnt play the whole game and that Santos led his team to points at will but Nealy sucked up the first half and needed a huge 4th quarter to win.

SANTOS

2005 Walter Payton Winner-to-be

ChickenMan
November 27th, 2005, 10:43 AM
As for Nealy's stats, they came against a much better team than Colgate. Great job to both players.

GSU is NOT a much better 'defensive' team than Colgate.

UNHknowledge
November 27th, 2005, 10:48 AM

I agree chickenman, totally agree...just wanted to save time of having to defend Colgate. The point of the post was that both players were great yesterday.

JohnStOnge
November 27th, 2005, 11:07 AM
So Nealy is better then Santos because Tex St sucks so bad it needs one player to carry the team? oh you forgot to mention Santos didnt play the whole game and that Santos led his team to points at will but Nealy sucked up the first half and needed a huge 4th quarter to win.

SANTOS

Didn't say Nealy is better overall...though I do think he's going to go higher in the NFL draft than Santos will. I'm just asking what the heck he'd have had to do yesterday to impress someone as much as "Santos."

bcrawf
November 27th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Santos won't even be drafted. The best i-aa quarterback I have seen since Kurt Warner is Erik Meyer, What a Player!!

JohnStOnge
November 27th, 2005, 11:30 AM

Colgate has much better defensive statistics than Georgia Southern. But would it have such stats if it'd have played GSU's schedule? Hard to say.

In its only other game against a team from another I-AA playoff conference, Colgate gave up 451 yards (UMass). The 605 New Hampshire got against them yesterday is the highest total yardage the Wildcats have achieved this year...and UNH did play Iona.

GSU isn't great on defense, but I think Colgate's defensive stats were a function of schedule. GSU played some pretty good I-AA offenses this season. Yesterday one player got more total yards against them than any team did during the regular season.

All other things aside, I just can't see how any reasonable person wouldn't concede that what Nealy did yesterday was the most impressive performance by a single player during the first round.

JohnStOnge
November 27th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Santos won't even be drafted. The best i-aa quarterback I have seen since Kurt Warner is Erik Meyer, What a Player!!

I wouldn't say Santos won't be drafted. Don't know. I gotta say that I saw Meyer on TV last year against Sam Houston and he didn't look as good in that game as Santos looked yesterday.

Funny thing is...when I saw Warner play in college I'd have never thought he'd be an NFL quarterback. He didn't look good at all.

JohnStOnge
November 27th, 2005, 11:42 AM

SANTOS

Put it this way...not smack but honest opinion: I think that if you switch Santos for Nealy in Texas State's offense yesterday (we're assuming of course he's been there all year and knows the offense), Texas State loses that game. Put Nealy in for Santos for New Hampshire against Colgate yesterday and I think New Hampshire still blows Colgate out.

We'll never know but that's my opinion.

UNHWildCats
November 27th, 2005, 11:43 AM

correct me if im wrong but Warner wasnt drafted... so dont count a players ability on a football draft.

UNHWildCats
November 27th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Colgate has much better defensive statistics than Georgia Southern. But would it have such stats if it'd have played GSU's schedule? Hard to say.

In its only other game against a team from another I-AA playoff conference, Colgate gave up 451 yards (UMass). The 605 New Hampshire got against them yesterday is the highest total yardage the Wildcats have achieved this year...and UNH did play Iona.

GSU isn't great on defense, but I think Colgate's defensive stats were a function of schedule. GSU played some pretty good I-AA offenses this season. Yesterday one player got more total yards against them than any team did during the regular season.

All other things aside, I just can't see how any reasonable person wouldn't concede that what Nealy did yesterday was the most impressive performance by a single player during the first round.

keep in mind UNH took starters out of almost every game at half time or shortly there after.

PantherMan
November 27th, 2005, 12:28 PM

As good as Sanders was last night, I would say that Nealy was the most impressive of any player in the first round, by far. GSU is far and away a superior squad/defense when compared to the 'Gate, to say or think otherwise is ludicrous.

elkmcc
November 27th, 2005, 12:49 PM

I have seen Santos (@Wa/Griz), Meyer (many times), Nealey (vs GSU).

Santos really impressed me ;ast year but more for the fact that he was a freshman playing with great poise. Meyer really is frikken amazing. But when I saw Nealy yesterday. my jaw dropped. This kid is a physical specimen and appears to have all of the qualities you could want in a qb.

I haven't seen Sanders but it sounds like he's just as impressive as the other three.

Congrats to all of them for the great performances yesterday.

Blue42
November 27th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Santos is a solid 1-AA quarterback but you can't compare him to Meyer. Meyer's a big time (NFL quality) talent. If he's not on an NFL roster next year there should be an investigation. Size, speed, arm strength, savvy. Best I've seen in a while.

Sanders brings a different package. Not as physically gifted as Meyer but as much poise and intelligence on the field as anybody you'll see. He knows how to make plays and uses all the tools at his disposal as well as anyone you'll see.

McNeese75
November 27th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Nealy and Meyer are are seniors. What is Santos going to look like as a senior? :eek: Might be pretty scary if he has a supporting cast.

PantherMan
November 27th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Nealy and Meyer are are seniors. What is Santos going to look like as a senior? :eek: Might be pretty scary if he has a supporting cast.

Santos' legs scare me more next week than his arm. He was pretty impressive running up and down the field against Colgate.

Tom W
November 28th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Santos is a solid 1-AA quarterback but you can't compare him to Meyer. Meyer's a big time (NFL quality) talent. If he's not on an NFL roster next year there should be an investigation. Size, speed, arm strength, savvy. Best I've seen in a while.

Sanders brings a different package. Not as physically gifted as Meyer but as much poise and intelligence on the field as anybody you'll see. He knows how to make plays and uses all the tools at his disposal as well as anyone you'll see.
That is very nice praise for a very deserving QB. I was visiting with coach Wulff the other day and was commenting on how good the recievers are and how well they make plays, he said, "Its easier to make plays when the ball is always in a location where you are the only one that can make the play! Its been fun to watch this young man play and fortunatly we will likely be able to watch him play for years to come!