PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss/ Northern Arizona..November 17th, 2009

jstate83
March 19th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Northern Arizona to get $400,000 for the game.xrulesx

Money, Timing left Rebels with scheduling mess. (http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20090319/SPORTS030103/903190330/1109)

Now that the great football scheduling debacle of 2009 is over, Ole Miss athletic director Pete Boone spent Wednesday afternoon explaining why it happened - and also how he plans to make sure it never happens again

UM officials announced late Tuesday night that Northern Arizona, a Big Sky Conference school that plays in the lower Football Championship Subdivision (formerly I-AA), will come to Oxford on Nov. 7 as the Rebels' 12th football opponent this fall. The deal ended months of speculation and deals gone awry. For Ole Miss, it's not an ideal outcome for two reasons.

Ivytalk
March 19th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Poor Ole Miss. xbawlingx Couldn't persuade another FBS school to sign up.

I hope the Jacks go down there and stick it to 'em!xthumbsupx

jstate83
March 19th, 2009, 09:24 AM
They just got caught up.
They tried but no Mid level FBS school wanted to add a tough game to their schedule like that.
If you are a FBS team, with no FCS school's scheduled yet for 2009, why play a team like Ole Miss when you can play a team that should not be too hard to beat.

No mid level FBS OOC school really want to play Ole miss this year if they can avoid it.xsmhx

Purple Pride
March 19th, 2009, 09:38 AM
If Houston Nutt follows his M.O., Ole Miss will be everyone's whipping boy in about 3 more years. xwhistlex

jwa2000
March 20th, 2009, 07:53 PM
With two FBS's on the schedule, it looks like NAU just kissed away any chance of potentially getting an at-large playoff bid. While I respect NAU on one hand for taking the game nobody else wanted to (while dropping D2 Ft. Lewis in the process), I am sure the decision was based largely on the financial crisis occuring here in higher education in AZ. Remember, there were talks a month or so ago about NAU discussing the possibility of dropping football to save the university money. I am sure when they unexpectly got offered 400K, on top of what the University of Arizona is giving them for a short bus ride south, it was a no-brainer.

danefan
March 20th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Who got Furmaned in this deal?

Green Cookie Monster
March 20th, 2009, 11:10 PM

Ft. Lewis.

already123
March 23rd, 2009, 10:35 PM
This is ridiculous.
Another 6-5 season...here we come!

At least NAU will have enough money to hire a new HC

elcid83
March 24th, 2009, 08:25 AM

Hate to show my stupidity, but, I am new to this board. Can someone give us newbies the brief definition/ origin of the term "Furmaned?" Thanks if advance for your assistance.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

danefan
March 24th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Hate to show my stupidity, but, I am new to this board. Can someone give us newbies the brief definition/ origin of the term "Furmaned?" Thanks if advance for your assistance.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

Furmaned:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Furmaned&defid=3737088

Mizzoued:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mizzoued

griz8791
March 24th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Is that what they're calling it now? Oh, the irony.xrolleyesx

MplsBison
March 24th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Wasn't there some talk of NAU dropping football? Apparently not this season?

I thought Arizona had the 2nd largest state budget deficit and university spending was targeted?

Anyone know more?