PDA

View Full Version : FCS Scores/Standings/Etc App for iPhone?

gophoenix
March 18th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Maybe the wrong medium to ask this, but I have been going through Apps for the iPhone and iPod trying to find something that covers FCS worth anything and so far I am coming up with nothing. Some of the Apps even list the MAAC as a real conference still and just don't look like they put much into FCS other than just listing scores.

So, have any of you had any luck by chance?

R3TRO
March 18th, 2009, 07:54 PM
I would also like to know.

CrunchGriz
March 19th, 2009, 01:16 AM
I haven't tried it in-season, but Plusmo has a college football app for iPhone that covers FCS.

Just search the App Store for "Plusmo". There's both free and for-pay versions. I've just looked at the free one.

jmufan999
March 19th, 2009, 08:52 AM
what's an iPhone?

sorry, couldn't resist. :)

gophoenix
March 19th, 2009, 10:24 AM
The plusmo thing is ok.... but my goodness, it lists the MAAC still, the standings are in alphabetical order instead of in order by overall or conference record, it doesn't list conference record at all, doesn't list FCS polls. I just looks weak.

AppSt.09
March 19th, 2009, 10:43 AM
I have sportacular on my touch and it gets the job done. it has all the FCS standiongs and such as well as about any other major sport as well.

mainejeff
March 19th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I have sportacular on my touch and it gets the job done. it has all the FCS standiongs and such as well as about any other major sport as well.

Sportacular is good.

What is the problem again? Can't you use Safari and go to any site that you want?xconfusedx

CrunchGriz
March 19th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Also, apparently ESPN is developing a native app for the upcoming iPhone 3.0 software, available this summer.

Syntax Error
March 19th, 2009, 01:11 PM
What is the problem again? Can't you use Safari and go to any site that you want?I am puzzled too by this question. Can't you just bookmark a page(s) in your browser to get the scores/standings/polls on your phone? Seems like that is easier than some app. xtwocentsx

gophoenix
March 19th, 2009, 02:02 PM
I guess you could bookmark a page, but, that seems so 1990s.:D

jonmac
March 19th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Maybe the wrong medium to ask this, but I have been going through Apps for the iPhone and iPod trying to find something that covers FCS worth anything and so far I am coming up with nothing. Some of the Apps even list the MAAC as a real conference still and just don't look like they put much into FCS other than just listing scores.

So, have any of you had any luck by chance?

Yay, another App thread, GOAPPSGO!!!!!!!:Dxthumbsupx

Retro
March 19th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Sportacular is the best app i've seen so far of FCS scores on Iphone.. There will likely be some new apps appear before the season starts that focus solely on College Football scores...

Retro
March 19th, 2009, 02:36 PM
I am puzzled too by this question. Can't you just bookmark a page(s) in your browser to get the scores/standings/polls on your phone? Seems like that is easier than some app. xtwocentsx

I think the only thing with that is, if you have a dedicated app for scores, it will display then in easy to read text and graphics, vs trying to adjust screen size, page, etc... Still using TSN score page not hard..

Syntax Error
March 19th, 2009, 02:43 PM
I think the only thing with that is, if you have a dedicated app for scores, it will display then in easy to read text and graphics, vs trying to adjust screen size, page, etc... Still using TSN score page not hard..Maybe CSN or TSN will make a page specifically to be read on cell phones with live scores/schedules/standings. I just emailed a request for it. xthumbsupx

gophoenix
March 19th, 2009, 03:26 PM

I was waiting for that :-P

jonmac
March 20th, 2009, 07:01 AM
I was waiting for that :-P

Glad I could be of service. :pxthumbsupx

appfan2008
March 20th, 2009, 10:22 AM

that is exactly what I was thinking!!!

gophoenix
March 21st, 2009, 07:20 PM
For the record, I installed Sportstacular and I am extremely satisfied with it so far.

Now, if I could find App that does NCAA baseball I would be on cloud nine.